Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

G, you are sounding just wonderful, I’m so happy for you, sounds as if you are making the most of life! Plus, your skin is glowing!
    Sunrise, great job on 15 days, you are over the hump! Keep rolling!
    Stay strong, everyone, it’s just the weekend! Hugs to all, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters & Happy Easter weekend to all

First, to the sickies Narilly & NS - Feel better soon :hug:

We have been having rain showers off & on all afternoon, not bad. Tonight the big stuff rolls in & they're talking about tornado watches again, ugh.
      I hope it fizzles out before folks end up with no power on a holiday weekend, geez.

Slo, if we're cross posting a lot that means we must be on the same wave path, haha!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Friday everyone.

G you sound fantastic, have a raawkin weekend, you deserve it.

NS, I am feeling better today. We have to quit sharing drinks, haha That pineapple recipe looks yummy.

Way to go NSunrise, you are doing great.

Lav, I hope you don’t have any tornadoes this weekend, that would really suck.

Hello Ava, Pav, Slo, Wags, take it easy.

Hello Life if you are lurking, xo

Don’t drink today.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Stopping in for the night. It was one of those days where I racked my brain thinking I was close to getting a few things off my plate and ended up feeling like I made little progress. And I didn’t do the most pressing things. Ug! I think these projects are at the same time gifts from the universe, as well as a lesson in learning proper stress coping. I used to use alcohol... now what. Well, tonight, I went for a run, then stretched (LOVE that!) then wrestled and laughed with my kids. It worked. Now to my book.

Where is LIFECHANGE? Lovely lady, you don’t owe us anything and you don’t have to be “all together”. It’s not all or nothing, it’s just...” here”. Miss you friend.

Hi to everyone
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good morning, happy to be Un Hung this Saturday morning. Traditionally Saturday mornings were spent getting over a hangover and pretending to feel good. I am so so grateful that is not the case now.

Ken, going for a run instead of drinking is the way to go. What a great thing to do.

Byrdie, I bet your enjoying your long weekend. It is Great isn’t it?

I didn’t get the job I interviewed for but that is ok. Something will come up.

Lav, Pav, G, Ava, Slo, Wags, everyone have a great day.
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Lav, we had terrible storms yesterday, too. There was barely enough room under the bed for both of us. Ha!
              Planted a few flowers today, it felt good to be outside.
              Thankful for another sober day. Hugs to all, Byrdie
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Yo Byrdy and nesters near and not so far. Hope all are having a relaxing weekend and doing something you love.

Narilly! Remember - You absolutely raaaaawk!! I agree wit u. Something will turn up. I think it's always difficult and tricky trying to sell ourselves in an interview where we are all strangers. Have a beaut weekend mi amiga.

Work this sunday for me, but.........a gig later. This makes me happy.

Big waves to evabody. take it easy and Go git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning nesters

Sorry you didnt get the job Nar, they dont realise what they are missing out on. As you say something will come along.

I had my 5th sober birthday yesterday and my girls bought a bottle of champers around and of course (jokingly) say to me, glass mum and of course i say yes in my goblet please. Makes me want to vomit thinking about putting alcohol down my throat. I had a lovely quiet day, 3 of the children were here and we went to lunch and they bought me three charms with a P for poppy and a dog print and an M for mads. The boys bought me walking tights and paid for lunch. Now onwards from 55 to 60 and to celebrate 10 years sober. Cant wait.
                  I went to the gym the other day feel like a 90 year old walking ha ha. And here i was thinking i was fit from walking, damn those muscles that i dont use walking.

About to go for a walk before it gets too warm. Need to clear the head.

G dont work too hard.

Take care everyone xx
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We ended up with a gutter hanging off the back of our house after all the rain & wind last night. Not a big deal & we still had power

Ava, so glad your birthday was a good one! Sober birthdays are actually less painful I think, haha!

Byrdie, I figured you were in the line for the storms too. Glad that's over, at least for now.

G, have a good weekend working & gigging too

Narilly, sorry about the job. I hope something even better pops up soon for you. In the meantime enjoy spring as much as possible.

Kensho, when I get in a certain situation I'll think - THIS used to make me drink but I don't drink anymore. Moving right on to your tool box & choosing a healthy tool works every time. Good for you!

LC, we really would love if you popped in to say hello.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All--

I think my computer is dying, too, Sunrise. It IS 8+ years old which is like 99 in laptop years...

I agree, Kensho, LIFECHANGE where are you? We're here for you, lady.

G -- you DO sound wonderful.

Sorry about the job, Nar. Happy Birthday, Ava! (your kids sound pretty cool). and a big, sober HELLO to everyone else.

We spent a day volunteering at a public inn nearby. Cleaned cobwebs, painted some window frames, and cleared dead trees from a VERY steep hill. Overall I clocked in 6.8 miles and 75 stories - a lot of up and down that hill. While we were working, a small group was making a delicious lunch - it was an extremely fun and satisfying day, and I am beat.

Happy SOBER Saturday.
                      Pav

Comment

Happy birthday, dear Ava! We’re the same age! Only you were smart enough to stop drinking at age 50 and, while I swore I would stop by the time I turned 50, I actually ended up with life on hold while I tangled with alcohol for nearly half a decade more. But better late than never!

Disappointing about the job, Narilly. But like you say, something will come up sometime, and maybe even that company the next time they’re hiring.

Pav, that was quite a day of community involvement and fun working together as a group! And a good way to be engaged with lots of people without booze. You’ll sleep well tonight!

No storms here today! It was beautiful out, and I got to take my first bike ride of the season.
                        Last edited by Slo; April 20, 2019, 10:48 PM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good Morning All and Happy Easter!

We had our Easter Egg hunt for the kids yesterday and it was a blast. Our little group was in charge of the eggs but some other ladies groups did some other events for the kids. (I had not idea that there were competing groups of ladies :egad The kids got to die eggs in some special tie die cloth, have an egg race, play in the play ground, the egg hunt and a Peeps eating contest, gag. The winner was certainly proud of herself, we all watched with a grimace on our face. It was nice to meet more people from our little town and be with the kids.

I did hurt when I got home, like tremendously! My mind keeps telling my body it can do way more then it can. I got home, sat on the couch, and that was all she wrote till daughter got home. When I woke I felt like an ancient old woman trying to get up and walk around. My daughter finally asked if I had been taking my muscles relaxers. I have not because they are not with my regular meds, so I forget I have them and they make me feel high. I did though yesterday and hated every bit of it except for the fact that it took the pain away that Tylenol could not. I think they can stay put away till I really need them again.

I hope everyone enjoys this special day!

Comment

Happy Easter nesters!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hoppy Easter, nesters!
                              New, your day sounded like such fun, all except the body aches!
                              It is simply beautiful here today, planning to get out and enjoy it! Hugs to all.
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

I just dread this. I don’t feel like going over to BIL & SIL’s with all their many bottles of wine and tons of specialty beers and probably a big gin & tonic station with all the fixings and sit stone cold sober with everyone while they drink. This sucks.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X