Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

prancy;862930 wrote: Gary, I have been reading your posts and the replies. I think we are in the exact same place. We had a wedding at our house and there was tons of wine left over. I way over-served myself trying to get over my hangover and now have a horrible one. I wish I could say it is the worst I have ever had.....
    But someone said to me yesterday, pick yourself up and shake it off. You are right, though, the anxiety, guilt and shame are the killers. Although the physical symptoms are not far behind!
    I think there comes a time when you just have to admit you can't do it anymore. I feel that way now but I am not so sure about 15 days from now when I start to feel fabulous. Those thoughts just keep slipping in. Maybe we can support each other? Take care and drink lots of water.
    Very best of luck.
    prancy
    Hi Prancy,

Yep, supporting each other sounds like a fine idea......I've just nipped out to buy a bottle of water.......FROM A BAR!

I was tempted, but I didn't...........

Gary.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gary...you BAD boy!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh By the way......
        RUNNINGWIND IS HOME!!!!!!!
        YAY...WE ARE GOING TO TALK TONIGHT.....
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spam;862758 wrote: Is my branch still available? I haven't left MWO just been off on the General Boards.

But I am feeling extremely vulnerable at the moment (to AL) and could do with a sleep-over here for a night or two. I got to a great mile stone today - I have lost 10 kgs / 22 lbs since I started here - and I feel like a treat and the AL beast is knocking on the door.

Please feel free to pick up a stick and give my AL beast a bash on the head!
          Spam that's fantastic! I am also very vulnerable when I want to celebrate. Perhaps a new pair of shoes or jeans would to the trick.
          While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone!! Just popping in real quick to say hi and give hugs all around to everyone who needs them ((((((( )))))))
            Sunni-I'm so sorry for your losses. Hang in there and don't abandon the Nest-we can help you through this.
            Nora, MB, Gary :welcome:,Prancy :welcome:-you guys stick close to the nest OK? Strap yourselves in with the velcro.
            RW-you know I'm thinking about you!!
            HC-yea!! You're back!!
            Molly-It must be hard to let a child leave the "nest" never mind go so far away. Look at it this way-when you go visit her, you'll be closer to me and can come for a visit too!!
            Fennel-did you kick some AT&T butt yet?
            Techie-:welcome:-I haven't seen you here before but I've also missed alot of posts. Love your avatar!!

It's been a rough couple of days for me. It seems like I've found a new trigger: cold, rainy weather!! Huh!! Along with feeling really blue, work has been crazy and I've been on overdrive trying to get my assignment done. The beast tried whispering in my ear on Tues as I drove to and from my hair appt: "You deserve a treat for working so hard. I can quiet your mind. I can give you that wonderful mellow feeling. Wouldn't that feel good? Numb, yum." I told him to BUGGER OFF!! I got my haircut, went straight home and crawled into comfy pjs and bed with all the pups around me. I watched "The Biggest Loser" then started in on "Seven Weeks to Sobriety". Had a fitful sleep but at least it was a sober one.
            All day yesterday I was just so blue. My voice started going, I felt sooooo fatigued by the time I got to my evening job. I had no patience for any of the students I was dealing with. I had to stop on my way home and pick up my prescription sunglasses before they closed. Walked around Sears for a bit dreaming about new refrigerators, then finally headed home. The Beast started yakking again. I was sick of water, juice, had no real food in the house but it was too late to eat a good dinner anyway. I almost caved. Just a small bottle I thought. But I flashed back to how horrible the night would be sleeping (or not sleeping actually) and how much work I had to do today and I drove past the store. I found some waffles and jam, made some tea and crawled into bed without the TV on and started reading the book again. I am shocked at how clear the connection between Alcoholism and biochemistry/genetics is. All of a sudden I know why my drinking has been out of control for so long!! I'm not a weak person!! It's not a matter of self control!! I am allergic to the Beast!! Truly!! Of course I do have to exercise self control to stay away for now but I truly believe by the end of the book I won't even have to think twice AND my blues will be better controlled once i get in the habit of following the nutritional plan. I'm willing to bet most of the supps I'm taking now are in that plan (haven't got that far yet) so I've got a good head start.
            Today is sunny and beautiful so it figures my mood is better too. Got another free nite ahead-plan is shop for satin sheets (getting real fed up with breathing dog hair ) and do some quick food shopping. If I get home in time, off for a walk with the pups.
            Well!! so much for the quick post :H:H
            I'll be back tonite!!
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - Quick check in. Very interesting Papmom. I might have to check into that book. I have been so down & depressed today. Well...I have good reason. Still waiting to find out some answers on my best friends aortic aneurysm which is just so hard....she still hasn't even been in to see the cardiologist team she is being assigned to. Plus there is just other life junk that goes on. Anyway, I HAD to go to the store today and had a very hard time. Repeated my new mantra with tears in my eyes
              I did not drink yesterday, I will not drink today and I will not drink tomorrow...........repeat

It wasn't easy and I almost caved but with the help of my husband, we were able to get in & out of there quickly.
              I'm going to grab some dinner and I will be back.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama - When you talk to Runningwind,will you please let us know??????:thanks:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.

Apologies for dropping-out of the nest unannounced. I've been very busy with work, golf and my new honey. Been burning the candle at both ends, but still true to my al plan. So over all doing well, but my golf-game needs help.

Sunni - condolences. RW - bless you dear.

Some of you guys are talking about guilt and shame. I know the feeling, but I gave it up. The way I see it, we don't wake up one morning and decide to screw-up our lives with al. Instead, we're dealing with life the only way we know how... so the challenge is to learn new ways to deal with things and take care of ourselves.

Hi Chooks, Coco, Nora, Molly, HC -- Everyone! Keep up the good work! Or get over it if you've slipped! Miss you guys. I'll stop by when I can.

Take care all!
                  tw
                  Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,
                    Its raining and cold here today, I have a headache and am feelong very low. My Dad died on Tuesday after being in a nursing home for 2 years. It's really sad to think I won't ever see him again but for his sake I'm glad he's not suffering anymore. I got to visit him on Saturday and we had a good if confusing chat. He kept trying to get out of the bed even though he can't walk or even stand up. He kept telling me he wanted to go home, he didn't want to live like this in bed all the time. We watched the footy together and I left him with a kiss. So I'm glad for him that he's not living like that anymore. I haven't felt like drinking but I have been eating like a pig. It's the same thing as AL, not being able to stop, not being able to get enough to stop the sadness.
                    I'm glad I can just go home tonight after work and cuddle up on the lounge with Hubby and watch mindless football and not think about anything. Then I'll go to bet early and have a good sleep.

Thank you all for being here.
                    Love
                    Tant
                    AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tantangra, I'm so sorry for your loss but glad you saw your dad on Saturday. May his suffering be over. It's so sad to watch your parents decline. Sending you strength.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick checkin - omigosh, it's late!

I'm ok.. thank you all for your thoughts :l Yesterday was tough but today I'm in much better spirit. I hardly worked at all; instead, I puttered in the yard. Occupational therapy Tonight, I went for a short ride with Atlas - it was a lovely evening.

And now I'm ready for bed. Need to be up and about early - taking Mr. Wonderful's first wife to the doctors. Sound weird? It isn't - she's a lovely lady who just had a knee replacement last week

K... be good and strong and well, nestlings - Night night.
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tantangra - I am so sorry to hear of your Dads passing. My thoughts are with you during this time of such sadness. Take special care of yourself. :l
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tant :l
                            I'm so sorry, I'm just now reading back.
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

TranqWilly;863252 wrote:

Some of you guys are talking about guilt and shame. I know the feeling, but I gave it up. The way I see it, we don't wake up one morning and decide to screw-up our lives with al. Instead, we're dealing with life the only way we know how... so the challenge is to learn new ways to deal with things and take care of ourselves.

tw
                              Well said! Reminds me of the book, The Tao of Sobriety, which is very helpful.

Sounds like you are doing well. Take care

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tant, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Like others have said, I'm glad you got to see him recently and he's not suffering anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X