Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

So sorry Tant.
    Well done Spam. It's hard to think of new ways to reward yourself, but Al is no reward in the morning is it? Not that I can talk. So many of us are feeling blue at the moment and that is really challenging.
    I'm reading a good book at the moment called "Wise Up". It's about enjoying and getting the most out of mid-life and covers all sorts of stuff such as finances, relationships etc but right now it's talking about how we limit ourselves with our self talk (often learned in childhood). Very interesting... and uncomfortable.
    Ultimately, if we want to stop drinking we just have to friggin stop excusing it and stick to our determination.

Comment

Newbies Nest

tantangra

i'm so sorry for your loss. still he is in a pain free place now and you have those last moments with him that will stay with you always. eat as much as you need, talk, cry when you need to. take care of yourself.

gw x
      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

So sorry Tant, its no consolation to you now but I know when my Mum died her quality of life had deteriorated so much I reckon she was so much better off - sounds like it might be the same for your Dad, and be soo grateful you had Sat with him, and be gentle with yourself, mindless tele actually really helped me, tho thats also when I fell into a bottle so BEWARE!!
        Love to you
        Molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tant my friend...I am so sorry...I have not lost a parent yet....I cannot imagine
          I am glad you got to spend some time with him
          I have not talked with Runningwind yet , but she pm'd me and sounds better.....
          i will call her today if I can get a break at work and will let ya'll know whats going on.....
          Kisses to all
          Mama
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Friday morning Nesters!

I've been busy dealing with my personal issues & not spending as much time on MWO as usual. But everything is OK with me.

Tant, so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my parents a long time ago, I understand. Funny, my Dad was in a nursing home as well. His confusion worsened by the day, in the end he said he was dancing with the nurses. In reality he was confined to bed. Be grateful your Dad is at peace now.

Sunni, glad to hear things are straightening out for you. Enjoy you weekend!

Greetings to one & all & best wishes for a good Friday.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

So sorry about your dad, Tant. I'm glad you saw him on Saturday. Sounds like he was pretty ready to "move on", as it were. Even so, it's never easy to lose a parent. I'm thinking of you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lavande.....always thinking of you and hoping things are improving

Comment

Newbies Nest

The Nest is so sad this morning - hugs for everyone...

Here's a little something to cheer you up: Check out Google's home page
                  Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

back at ya girly!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;863662 wrote: The Nest is so sad this morning - hugs for everyone...

Here's a little something to cheer you up: Check out Google's home page
                      Hi Nesters!!

Yeah. Pac Man day. Isn't it awesome. Actually inspired me to go look for a download. Didn't I use to love playing this 1-2 decades ago :-)
                      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well between checking the posts on MWO and pac man, I'm not getting anything done today!!! :H
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day to all. Day 3 here. Not good yet but better. I have been spending so much time reading these MWO posts, I am falling far behind on an important and not adjustable deadline. Great. About to move over to working on the project. Being on here and reading all these posts makes me feel less alone and it really helps to hear that I am not the only one who fights the AL beast all the time!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree Prancy. It does help not to feel so alone. :l
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Prancy.

Yip. But I also know about those deadline issues. Had a couple of times where I just couldn't get off the board. I was struggling on those days and really needed the support here and spent a lot of time, but... fell behind on work. Well I managed to kind of catch up again, but difficult to balance at times!
                              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cocobird signing off for the weekend. I hope everyone has a lovely two days! Be safe and see you all Monday!
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X