Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Johnny, I used to be BRILL at pacman, I think old age is a very very sad thing!!!!!!:H
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning family.....Mama checking in
      I talked to Runningwind and she is feeling much better.....poor baby was using xanax to deal with cravings and quit cold turkey and thought she was losing her mind.....I am sure she will be here soon to tell you all herself....I am glad she's better
      ok...happy AF Saturday...it will be for me anyway cause I was a liitle bad last night...Damn it
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mama,

I really want to say this to you. I think you've been doing absolutely fantastic!!! A couple of weeks ago You had beers on most night if I remember correctly. And now? Making it 5/6 days at a time and getting back on the wagon!!!

There's more strenght and power in that then someone that can be sober for months and than have a drink and be right in the pit for another couple of months.

You keep going!!! You are inspiration!
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning to the Nest......

I am sneaking in here before I leave the bedroom. :H We have our great nieces & nephew visiting and once I get up, I am up. I can hear little feet running all over the place so I know that it will be soon. Uncle is being very sweet and playing with them right now.Uhoh, I think I hear tears.......better go investigate. Guess I don't get my Pacman game this morning.

Have a wonderful day/evening everyone.

I'll sneak back on when I can.

PS Mama - thanks for letting us know about Runningwind. I have been very concerned about her.:h
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day to all.
            Starting Day 4 here. Feeling better and better.
            But still lots of work to catch up from the time I lost due to AL this week. Plus I keep coming over to MWO to get support from all of you.
            Have a good weekend and good luck to all.
            prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

prancy;864704 wrote: Good day to all.
              Starting Day 4 here. Feeling better and better.
              But still lots of work to catch up from the time I lost due to AL this week. Plus I keep coming over to MWO to get support from all of you.
              Have a good weekend and good luck to all.
              prancy
              Hi pancy I'm starting day 8. It does get easier at least to this point. I draw alot of strength from this site and all of you. Good luck and you too have a great weekend.
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

Johnny thats the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long time.....thank you so much my friend...
                Have fun at the party
                Nora enjoy the little ones
                Be strong Prancy......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post techie....good job!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=mama bear;864710]Cross post techie....good job!!![/QUOTE

THANK YOU MAMA BEAR...BE GOOD THIS WEEKEND WE ALL NEED YOU HERE TO GIVE US HOPE AND INSPIRATION... PEACE TECHIE
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good luck stay strong Mama Bear and everyone!!!! you are doing great.

No regrets.

Comment

Newbies Nest

whohoo. Back from the party. Managed to stay away from the bad stuff. Landed up overeating tho. I feel like i'm about to burst. Finger snax are dangerous for me. I never know when to stop
                        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.
                          Just thought I would share something unrelated to drinking but related to the kindness of fellow human beings.
                          A friend of ours - a lively, cheeky, full of life 32 year old with two little girls, fantastic guy - was in Bali earlier this year and jumped in the pool banging his head on the step. Long story short - he came home paralysed. An absolute tragedy for all involved.
                          Last night we attended a fundraising night for him and his family. What started out as a small quiz night with about 40 close friends and family turned into a HUGE night in the city's biggest convention centre for 1200 people. People donated prizes, items for auction, their time, money, you name it - it was offered. In the end i think there was over $70,000 (Australian) in donations of items. Entry fee of $50 per person was happily paid by 1200 people (you do the math) and the money raised by the auctions was amazing.
                          His employers - a very elite golf club - have been paying him as if he was at work. Which, in this day of the "credit crunch" is a very amazing thing to do but does say it all about the kind of guy he is. People were handing over thousands of dollars for an auctioned item.
                          I think what I am trying to get over to you is the kindness of people when the chips are down. There is still an amazing amount of generousity and compassion in this world. He was extremely humbled by the evening as was I.
                          It felt nice to be part of such a life changing event in the face of tragedy. I came away changed.
                          Take care
                          Hipster
                          I finally got it!
                          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Hipc! Lovely story alright - without a doubt there is a well of goodness in people and its lovely when it manifests itself like that. Poor chap, any prospect of him recovering at all?
                            Hey Johnny, combination of all your finger food and your Avatar are somewhat unsettling!! hehe! Well done last night, did you tell your joke?
                            Hows everyone else today on this lovely sunny day? I'm just lolling in the bed cos I have 95 hrs of ironing sitting downstairs before I can even THINK about sunnin myself in the garden!
                            Will check in later hear how everyones sober weekends are going?!
                            Molly
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lovely story. It's amazing that, when called upon, people can claim their own and help out even though we have lost the village mentality. I hope your friend is well set up for the next hard parts of his future.

Yes, Johnny, that avatar may be a foretelling. How's the waistline? :H
                              Just joking. A few pounds would be preferable to the effects of alcohol. Regarding what you said earlier re: not telling everyone in case you fail - You have done so well this far, so why think you will fail?
                              I haven't told many people yet, because I'm worried it may cost me my job. However, I'm beginning to think that when you come clean with people it may actually help your resolve, because if you fall you aren't only letting down yourself but hose you've told. Or is that too much pressure? Not sure myself. What do you think?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy Chick that was a lovely share, people are amazing in the way we all support each other in times of need, reading stories like this restores faith in human nature and reminds us there are more good people on this earth than bad.

Johnny thought I'd find you, so pleased it went well for you last night and I could not help but be touched by your dad giving you a pat on the back, brought a lump to my throat :l Now had you done the dancing those nibbles wouldn't be on the waistline :H

Hi everyone have a great Sunday, and for all us in the Uk yipee the sun is shining again

Mollyka I too have 95hrs of ironing - I have just bagged it up can't bear looking at it any longer!!
                                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Working...
                                X