Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Wags, 4 days is a long time when you have to import your own booze! It’s heavy, too! Plus, the anxiety of not having enough!
    I was traveling out of the country years ago and was stunned when I realized I had packed gin instead of vodka! How could I have made THAT mistake? I mean it was almost a sense of terror when I snuck into my suitcase to make this discovery. At the time,I didn’t think you could smell vodka and I didn’t know how to predict gin. Rest assured, I brushed my teeth a thousand times to try and get rid of the smell.
    Those weren’t the days. Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, All:

Aaaah, the Ava waffle for breakfast. Nothing better.

Welcome, Juno/Buzzkill/Lukalee - glad you worked it all out. How's it going for day 5? What are your plans to keep this going? Have you listened to the Bubble Hour podcast? I highly recommend it!

Lav - I agree - we love having you here no matter what. I think I admire your Lav-ittude the most. Be grateful, and don't care what other people think.

I don't have much to say, but I am enjoying this un-hung Sunday. Keep passing the open liquor cabinets...

Pav

Comment

Good monday morning from over here!

Happy camping Wags! Nothing better than a solid nature fix. I ALWAYS no matter what, get a little buzz and blast from walking/jogging barefoot on the sandy beaches near me, even though they are city beaches with traffic nearby. It's the open roar or calm of the sea and an endless horizon combined with the sensation of sand and water underfoot or when i dive in. Magic! Running on the beach when it's blowing a gale, raining sheets of water, crashing waves and no one else around. As long as i'm rugged up and waterproof it's bliss. Then to jump in on an 8C day you feel a million bucks after the initial shock which is part of the fun. lol.

Ava, a weekend's fine for me but i'll meet you and Steady anytime.

Have a gr8 sunday and week ahead evabody.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I had an unplanned day long visit with my oldest grandson, it was fun. His dad came to pick him up & stayed for dinner too
          Funny how some of the best times are the ones that happen completely by accident, haha!
          Sill dealing with excessive heat & humidity here, yuck. As a matter of fact, it’s been so wet here & so much rain that our red potatoes just rotted in the garden. That makes me sad.

Ava, good to see you & I hope you had a good visit with your daughter & love your new hairdo
          It’s hard to get back into gear after an injury but there’s really no choice is there?

Wags, glad to hear your wife continues to heal as well. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your last getaway for the summer

Byrdie, I was a huge consumer of monumental amounts of wine, could never touch vodka or gin. Those two gave me a raging headache after a few sips. I should have taken that as a warning, huh? Glad we don’t have to worry about that anymore.

Pav, I truly have had ‘attitude’ all my life. Sometimes it got me into big trouble but mostly I’ve been able to use it for good, Lol

G, I hope your Monday os going well!

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello!

Not sure about the quoting thing, but [MENTION=6487]ava[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] I'm very happy and excited at the prospect of meeting you two for coffee, thankyou! I'm not currently working at a job, so I can be quite flexible about times - whatever time and venue suits you two will be fine with me. :yay:

Peace and strength to everyone,
            Steady
            Last edited by STEADFAST; July 14, 2019, 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling
            AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Happy Sunday everyone. Stampede is finally over and now life here goes back to normal. It is such a busy time of year, exhausting but fun. I am sitting here in bed now and wanted to do a quick post.
              Ken, if you didn’t have a problem you would never have been here in the first place. People do join MWO if they can drink normally.

Byrdie, hope your Monday doesn’t suck too bad, you too Pauly.

Pav, Ava, G, Steady, you sound great. Hello Daisy, glad you are here.

I just wanted to check in before bed. You all sound good.
              If you are struggling, keep coming back. Talk to us, together we can have the life we want and kick AL to the curb.

Don’t drink today xo
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

UGG, got a butt dial from a neighbor at 4:30am! By the time I got to the phone, she had hung up. I tried calling back and got voice mail. I could see her lights on, and worried something had happened! I kept trying until 5am z(finally got her) and she said, they had just returned from overseas and she had been on the phone to relatives in Greece and must have called by accident. Needless to say, I couldn't go back to sleep. Friday and Saturday nights it was frogs croaking outside my bedroom window!
                Starting the week with a bang! I hope everyone has a productive (and easy) Monday!
                I'm excited about G, Ava and Steady's meeting for coffee! Maybe Carl will drive!
                Hugs to all, back on my head. Byrdie
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                  Quick fly by to say hello..
                  We've been visiting family (reunion) in CA and are staying at a place that has very sketchy internet.. and i'm sharing the laptop with 2 teenagers.:happy2:
                  It's been stressful, but so nice to meet and catch up with family that I haven't seen for ages.. some that I've never met but know through stories.
                  The girls are having a blast body boarding and hanging out on the beach.
                  Love to all of you! And looking forward to catching up next week. I miss you.
                  I'm already planning my return to Berlin, as last time the jet lag/re-entry to normal life was really tough.
                  Big hugs!xx

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Reporting in from the land of heat & humidity, yuck.
                    I ended up having my day hijacked by my grandsons again but it was fun.

LC, glad your trip is going reasonably well. I remember you having a hard time returning home last time. I hope you have some magic in your plan book to ease you through it this time :hug:

Byrdie, a call at 4:30 am from anyone would send me into a panic, geez!

Narilly, glad you survived the stampede, haha! It must be a real thrill, to say the least!

Steady, I’m green with envy, wish. I could join you guys for coffee. Hope it happens soon

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning:

Slow day in the nest yesterday. Hope all is going well for everyone and everyone is out enjoying their sober lives.

I had a long day at work but a nice, quiet evening.
                      [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] are you around? Are we celebrating something soon????

Happy SOBER Tuesday.

Pav

Comment

Morning nesters

No internet atm except with my phone. changing providers and of course they promise the world and deliver nothing. waited at home most of day yesterday for the new modem and nothing so am at work and will leave early to wait at home again. i told everyone i at work i would work from home and then got home and forgot i had not internet. oops.

Steady and G, i have pm'd you both. i am excited.

LC, glad you have had a nice time away. bring out your tools when you get home, remember nothing is worth drinking AT.

Belle, how is your sons holiday going? i hope his travels are safe.

Lav, i cant stand humidity, it sucks the being out of you. My mum used to live in Queensland and i rarely went to visit, it was just awful.

well back to work, take care xx
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

It's great to hear you are doing ok [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Like Ava said, please be sure to have some plans in place for when you get home. That is when it is so easy to let our guard down. When I was trying to quit, I would make it though biggish events (cookouts, parties, even a 2 week vacation at the beach!) and then drink when I got home. Even when I didn't really want to. Addicted brains can be so dang weird.

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Can’t change this hot & humid weather so I went out for a haircut to lessen the frizz factor, haha!!

Ava, I was just telling the girl cutting my hair today that I am a slug all summer long & when fall & winter weather kicks in I come back to life. I am a summer hibernator (in the AC), a complete opposite of a bear, LOL
                            I hope you get your internet back soon

NS, I don’t even want to think about some of the stupid sh*t I did back then, ugh. I like this brain much better

Don’t know what everyone is up to in the nest but I hope it’s something good
                            Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey all. I’ve had a series of really odd coincidences and wonder what is going on. Did I tell you I was on hold the other day and the theme to The Mary Tyler Moore was playing, I said, gosh I haven’t heard that in 40 years! Then I went to look something up (using MSN as my search engine) and a picture of Mary Tyler Moore popped up with a quiz on how many faces you could recognize from the 60’s! How odd! Then last night I had a bizarre dream about my step daughter dating this guy we used to know and he and his brother (the guy from the next booth at the trade show I went to last month) owned two restaurants in a resort town (Hawaii maybe?). The restaurants were on opposite sides of a block. The restaurants had a snack area in the bar that served meats and fruit relishes. They also had a gift shop and my step daughter bought a ceramic whale (a Knick Knack). This morning when I checked FaceBook, that whale came up in my Facebook feed! That was freakish! How in the heck??

106 heat index today. It’s absolutely awful outside.
                              Hope everyone has an easy evening!! ByrdieBE1C1658-AC91-4776-B5DE-94A6EBEB27D0.jpeg
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

I've been MIA for a couple of days and it shows. Drank some wine the last 2 nights. Not much...but enough to rev up the inner beast. Oh I have lots of reasons/excuses...but I hereby declare that today 7/17 (I like the ring to it and easy to remember) is my new and hopefully last day 1. I just cannot do these things any longer. I have not been hungover or even ratted out by hubby. There was a wine bottle open in the fridge for a recipe hubs made. it was just too tempting...with the stress of my son being away with friends and then Mother in law being taken to the hospital the other day with a low blood pressure issue. I need this accountability. now more than ever. This really doesn't have to be so hard. just don't drink. especially that first one. I need to walk away. one of my goto escapes was to take a walk outside. with the heat and heat indices where they are, that is not an enticing choice. perhaps I will walk from the booze and work on my drop leaf table I'm prepping for painting. I need a plan and plan to have one before noon today.

Son seems to be doing ok on his trip so far. of course I am worried sick especially when he lets his phone go dead just when I want to text him to see if all is well. [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION], you asked about Piper last week. Things went pretty well at the vet. Surprisingly her bloodworm came back good but they want me to collect urine for testing. I'll have to wait for my son to return because he is the only one willing to hold the jar while I express her bladder.

I need to read back and gain collective strength from all of you. even though I haven't been falling down drunk, slurring or doing stupid things, I feel like this is do or die. 7/17.

Time to get things started today. Off from work, but plenty of things to do at home including taking daughter to follow up with GI doctor. Boyfriend starts a job at a pet supply store today. They have been spending every available minute together, usually at my house and I am starting to feel bad for his Mom not having him around. They need a little space from each other and hopefully this job of his will help. He needs he gas money.
                                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Working...
                                X