Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all from across the 2 ponds :H!! It won't be so lovely today-cloudy, cool and maybe some rain. Oh well, it was a glorious week.

Johnny-Well done on the party!! I bet your anxiety about it far outweighed the reality yes? I'm glad you had a good time and as for the finger food, doesn't it taste far better without AL? You'll work it off, don't worry. I myself plan to indulge greatly in all the wonderful food there will be at the party I'm going to today but I WILL mix in fruit and veggies!

HC-What a wonderful story!! Warmed my heart that's for sure. I'm so glad you were able to be a part of it. I'm sure it will stay with you for a very long time. I'm not so sure the villages have disappeared!

I hope everyone has a great AF free Sunday/Monday ironing notwithstanding!!

:l
    Papmom3
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK ironing done the garden beckons and a really good book. Plllleeeeaaase family, leave me alone for just one hour - no teenage angst!!
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guyz,

Had a busy morning but finally popping in home for another hour and then out and about again for the rest of the day.

@Hippy Chick, That's a very tragic story on the one hand but so uplifting on the other when people get together like that for the well being of another.

That's one happy looking pig tho

@Molly, Dancing and Panno well, what is there to say. lol. I have picked up a couple of kilos though since going AF. I thought the opposite would happen. But I have replaced my booze with chocolate and snax. (I'm just realising that now the last couple of days) :-)

Panno, you would have loved it. There was a dancing school teacher there (the host lady goes to that dancing school) and they had a bit of a dancing show. The Tango, etc. Was quite impressive. My wife and me are actually contemplating now joining a dancing school. but more for the Hot latin stuff. :-) That's more our thing I think.

@Papmom, yeah. the party was really great and I was actually not once asked whether I wanted a drink, etc. It was a help yourself bar, I just grabbed a glass of coke, and that was it.

Have to put in some serisous gym time this week
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi everyone. i fell off the waggon. (still falling actually!)

i'll be back to check in when i have a clear head:upset:
          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Girly these things happen - best thing to do is not to beat yourself up, I fell off last week and jumped right back on because so many helping hands were here, I couldn't name them all, but because they were here for me I am here for you, that's the way it works around here.
            Jump on whenever you are ready and start again and we can cheer each other on like always.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry Girly...are you feeling terrible?
              Johhny i am so proud of you...and if you do slip...I will be here cheering you on as you have always done for me....your suport is invaluable
              no ironing for this mama...off to do mounds of yardwork and get some son.
              Hippy..your strory was lovey....because of my job and the kind of people I have to deal with.....I tend to forget that the basic human spirit is kind.....thanks for reminding me
              I had a long talk with Runningeind yesterday and she sounds much better........
              off I go to get sunburned and sore.....but I love our lake place and being with my boys
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry Girly, sorry you slipped but it happens to lots of us. Just try to put the cork in, clear your head, and come back for support and motivation. I am on Day 5 and I have been on the MWO site for hours for the past 4 days, getting inspiration to stay AF. I know it gets better and better and that is when it gets dangerous because that damn voice starts again. How can I do this forever? What should I say when I am out? What will people think? Never mind that anyone I care about has seen me drunk! I say phooey to the voice! Thanks to all for the encouragement. It really helps.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Girly Hold your head up..I wish i had a 100 dollar bill for everytime i slipped up..Hang in there buddy. Trucker123

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nestlings!

Quick check-in... very busy weekend with my daughter's baby shower yesterday and.. well... I had to plant $120 worth of flowers this weekend :H I was black from head to toe tonight - a soak in the tub brought it down to a brownish grey... my typical seasonal look from May 'til October!

Anyways... just wanted to say :hallo: - long weekend here and I'm staying as far away from the computer as I can!

Be good everyone!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

enjoy your day sunshine x
                      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - sorry I haven't been around. Had our 10 year old & 6 year old great nieces and 4 year old great nephew spend the weekend with us. Then my nephew & wife spent the day with us. Wonderful time but exhausted. Will be back tomorrow.

Night all..................
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all!
                          Good to hear from you Sunny - keep planting, am attempting a bit of gardening myself, a bit halfarsed tho!
                          Hey Nora, sounds busy in yours, talk to you later.
                          Girly, great to see you back, look forwards only now, nothing else matters or could be changed anyway. We are all together for a nice sober day/week.
                          Trucker, Prancy, Mama, PapM, Panno Hi, HipC where are you? No sloping off you hear!!
                          Hey Lav and Tranq!
                          Molly
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornings, Mornings,

And what a busy one indeed.

Mama.. YOU ARE INVALUABLE to us!!

Girly, How are you feeling today?? Better I hope? Please be strong?!!
                            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

johnny,momma, trucker, wanna, molly- i'm feeling rough but i'm not wallowing. i'm actually feeling quite positive now after reading the threads. the bender wasnt really enjoyed. nothing compared to the lovely sober days i had under my belt. getting drunk is quite hard work!

be good everyone and thanks for picking me up xxx:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

funny isn't it...half the time I do it, I don;t even want to drink.,....how's that for an f'd up mindset....
                                hope you are feeling better sweetie
                                Morniing Sweet Johhny, molly, panno,nora....be good Nora cuase you are tired, so don't slip my friend!!
                                Up WAY too early, but no hangover, so yipee.
                                Another Monday!!!!
                                af for me!!!
                                smooches
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X