Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Evening all.
    Sorry Moll, have been sloping off.....Am trying to finish my book, only got one chapter left. How you going? When does your daughter leave?
    Girly - glad that you came back and hope you are feeling better today. Use the lesson learnt next time you are tempted. It's not easy, but you know you can do it.
    The nest is a bit quiet lately. Where are you Tranq? Lav? Not really got much to contribute today. Just one of those days.
    So will check in again tomorrow.
    Bye HC
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

IRONING

All this talk of ironing has made me remember a World Book of Records category:

**Largest number of people ironing underwater.**

WHAT??? I'm not making this up, people! Google it and you'll see...

(I guess we should be thankful for the ideal ironing conditions we all enjoy - that we are not forced to get into scuba gear and try to manhandle the iron and board to the bottom of the lake to press our shirts. Just one more thing we all have to be grateful for.)
      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

How the hell does that work withoug getting shocked? argh... the nonsense ppl get up to. lol
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, nestlings. Sunshine, sounds like you had a great weekend. ..there's nothing better than being in the dirt, is there? Girly, I'm glad you're doing better. "Hey" toMama, Nora, Coco, and everybody.

Gonna try to call the company that owns the router that's blocking my IP from MWO. Ugh.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all!!!! Boy, I slept like a rock. Nothing like running around with the kids to tire you out. Good call Mama. I will be extra careful today because the thought was in my mind yesterday BIG TIME.
            Fennel - I really wish you would get all this straightened out. I MISS YOU!!!!!
            It's just not the same without Dos Gatos. :H

Got to run. I have got to get to work. I have to much I want to say but I can't right now. I will be back. Is that a threat?????
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey again All,
              Good to see you Hips, yeah I'm really good, feelin so strong, its only 3 weeks since my fall from grace but I just couldn't imagine drinking at the moment, a little like GirlyW said on the other thread, she didn't even really enjoy it and what hard work it is!!! Daughter heading off Thurs week, we are having a lovely time together and I'm quite reconciled about her going. We have a really strong relationship (could kill each other half the time but really close) and I reckon we'll be in touch most days, she lived away in Crete for 4 months last summer so its not her first venture away.
              Talk again everyone later
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ironing? Here's a helpful hint to cut out time WASTED ironing...... dont buy clothes that need ironing.... Simple, end of story.:H
                Racing out the door as usual but thinking of you all often. Life is picking up and getting better each day (even if we are heading into winter.)
                Stay strong everyone and will catchya later.
                HC xx
                I finally got it!
                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mol, why are you grumpy? xx
                  I finally got it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, the nest has been very quiet today!
                    It's very hot and humid in my section of the nest, although probably not nearly so much as Coco and Mama's. I tried to get my cat to have a little "lie down" with me on the couch, but she's nowhere near as polite as Mrs. Fennel's feline. She began by attempting to chew off my choker necklace, then she slipped me "the tongue" a couple of times before finally settling down with her butt in my face. I'm thinking of bringing her down to the taco truck!

Where is everybody?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Everyone!!
                      So sorry I haven't been in the nest lately but I had a really nice weekend-busy but nice. No slipups-feeling great!
                      Worked all day Sat then errands. Sunday was neph's graduation and party. It was lovely, both of them. I had such a good time at the party sober, what the hell did I see in getting wasted all these years??!!!:duh:
                      Got home late tonite so a quick check in then off to bed.

Sonni-I get to get black and brown this weekend and as much as I want next week as I'm on VACATION!!!!! Can't wait!! Gonna plant me some veggies!!:woot:

Girlie, glad you hopped back in the nest-velcro yourself in K?
                      MB-good job yesterday. How about today? Keep up the good work.
                      HC-hey there!!
                      Molly-way to go!! You're sounding and doing so well. Glad you're OK about DD leaving for CA in a few. Make sure you put on the butt velcro real tight the day she leaves OK?
                      NoraC-I got exhausted just reading your short post about the grand neice/nephews!! Can't wait to hear the whole story-might have to be lying down to read it LOL!!
                      Did I miss anyone? Hope not!! Will check in again tomorrow nite!!
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fennel - I was just wondering if you got your AT&T problem fixed. Where is everybody in the nest? Things have been really quiet. We need to get some action going here.
                        Of course, you already got your action today......you got tongued by your cat and then the butt in the face. What more could you ask for? :H:H Isn't it just wonderful how they just make themselves at home on you? One of my cats always likes to sleep on my head. It's so comfortable.
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear fennal... I loved your comforting nest.....nag champa?? I''m slow right now... I did love the talk Whey Heeeyyyy

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, I've had enough "action" to last me awhile!

Glad you liked the incense, cedars!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Unfortunately for me, the problem is not "AT&T's". For some odd reason. It's a privately owned router that they bounce their signal off of. Of course, I could switch my internet provider and the whole problem would be solved. Or, as Mrs. Fennel suggests, we could also hook up my laptop to her work from home connection, which seems to be the most viable solution right now. We've been pretty busy lately, so it's all about getting a "geek" out here to do it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm on Mrs. Fennel's home computer right now...she's working out, so I'll soon be booted off.

Comment

Working...
                                X