Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hot & humid - basically disgusting, haha!!!
    I gave my chickens ice water & extra large slices of cold watermelon this afternoon. Feel sorry for those girls out in this heat.

Belle, glad you survived the beach with 4 teens. That can’t be an easy feat!!!
    Sorry your daughter is dealing with high anxiety. Has she seen anyone specifically about that? Sometimes unbalanced hormones can be the cause, something to look into anyway. Glad you are doing so well.

LC, good to see you check in as well.
    I agree with you, our food choices make a big difference. I have sleep issues & if I add bad food to that I’m sure to be awake half the night.
    I read a bit again today about eating for your blood type. I was always skeptical about that & what I read today just really clarified what I thought. I think we do best if we stick to whole foods, eliminate the processed stuff as much as possible & get a variety of fresh fruits & veggies, lean proteins, that sort of thing. Sugar wipes me out so I don’t indulge often & I don’t use artificial sweeteners. Whole grains rock!!

Nora, good to see you as always

Byrdie, your cake is beautiful! Maybe this excess heat & humidity affected your fondant?
    I hope the rest of your day was good.

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening,

Hot and humid here, too, although tonight, it’s so nice sitting on back patio, listening to the kids playing and swimming. I would be close to bed or in bed by now when I was drinking. Yea, missing out on all this good stuff.

Oh, the Olive Garden wine tasting! Yes, I’ll try it...no, I didn’t care for that one, can I try a different one....oh, I’ll try a red now!

Lav and LC, I can’t eat after a certain time, like three hours before bed. I toss and turn if I break that rule. But yes, Whole Foods, as little processed as possible, fruits, veggies. Perfect diet.

Sorry about your cake, B.

Hi Belle, nice to meet you. Four teenagers? O my. Hope your daughter is doing better.

Night.
      Last edited by jvo; August 18, 2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

LC, great to see you! You sound good. I’m glad you are focusing on a few other ways to take care of yourself. I find it both a good distraction, and an endeavor that makes me feel so much better every day to eat well!

Belle, I’m glad to see you too! Poor kids, anxiety and all. It’s hard growing up. Glad it wasn’t more serious for your daughter, and it sounds like your son is doing well too! My son likes to cook too, and I have fantasies that he will cook full meals when he gets a bit older!

Byrdie, your cake would have been lovely. How do you make a lily like that?

JVO, it’s awesome that your husband is fully supportive of you. And I love your Robin Williams quote.

We attended a looooooong concert last night. And let me tell you, there is no better way to appreciate your sobriety than to see a bunch of sad, wasted, altered people who couldn’t enjoy standing up, let alone the music. I suddenly felt really, really glad that I made the decision to take care of myself. I felt the pride for my sobriety that has been lost for the past while. I was controlled by alcohol, and I was pouring poison down my throat every night. No more.

Best to everyone!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

That’s a great feeling, Kensho. Good for you.

Holly Whitaker, creator of “Hip Sobriety” has a book coming out in August called “quit like a woman.” I really like her spunk and approach to sobriety.

Easing into work this week. Will go i. For about 3-4 hours to start prepping. Here we go! Have a great day.

Comment

Morning!

I am in a hurry this morning. I read back.

I do know that exercise is key to sobriety and sanity to me. I'll get back on that horse soon. I had a health issue this summer that knocked me off my exercise game, so I just need to get back on it. Thanks for the encouragement.

Happy SOBER Week, all!
            Pav

PS [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] all fixed...

Comment

J-Vo, how'd you fix your flying A? Gosh, that was an odd one!
              Kensho, it is a process on the fondant flowers, I had the fake stamens, I formed those around a pistil that I made, then let that dry. Then I have a leaf veiner mold, I made those and then cut them out and put them on a form (egg carton) for shape and let those dry. Then I put them all together using a little water as glue. Unfortunately, it stuck to the egg carton and when I tried pulling it off (stuff usually comes right off) two of the petals broke. I repaired best I could and when I was putting it on the cake, those petals broke again and then some. It was hopeless, plus I screwed up the cake and had to smooth it out again.

My sister called this morning, her hubs was being rushed to the hospital for a heart attack. He is having a stint put in as we speak. If you are a praying person, those would be appreciated, he is a wonderful man who makes the top 10 list in terms of character. I called my brother to let him know, he is in the same city, I was hoping he would go to the hospital and be with her (I am 5 hours away) but instead, he ended up asking me for money! Sheesh.

I'll keep you posted on my brother in law. Thank you all for being my support. Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Sorry about your brother in law Byrdie prayers sent
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Byrdie- sending prayers
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Byrdie, sure hope your BIL is OK. Stent placements are very routine these days & they do the trick to open those clogged coronary arteries.

Jvo, hope your day went well. Start slow & work your way up!

Hello to Pav, Kensho, Pauly & everyone.

My exciting day involved a trip to get my teeth cleaned this morning & a haircut this afternoon. I swear it’s all about maintenance at this age, Ha ha!!

Hoping for a storm to break up this heat & humidity but probably won’t get one tonight, Oh well.
                    Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening.

Byrdie, sending prayers for your BIL and a hug for you.:hug: I don’t know about the flying A! I think that happens when I use my new keyboard. I’m not now, so when I post and I see those darn A’s, I’ll have no clue! Will you be able to see BIL anytime soon?

Gosh, had a good time prepping today and will do the same the rest of week so I don’t get stressed when we officially start. It’s so nice being in my classroom and the only thing I hear is my 80s music piping through the smart board. I love my smart board! The kids always help me when when I don’t know what I’m doing. Oh, technology and me. Not a love story.

So on my way home, I travel over a bridge. A tractor trailer had overturned on bridge. It took me just under two hours to get home which normally is 25 minutes. Hope the person in truck was ok. Scary stuff.

While I crawled home, not as in drunk crawled, lol, (I have to stop laughing at my own stupid jokes) I was thinking that after work I used to stop at a liquor store and pick up a bottle of wine. It was a good feeling even though I was sitting in traffic that I didn’t need it. Didn’t want it. But then I realized I don’t really know beyond short periods of time what living life sober long term is really like. I’m really grateful I get to find out and also grateful I don’t have to feel like crap everyday.

Damn school bugs won’t shut up! :happy2:

Have a good night.

Comment

+All #A= OK here #A?

Byrdy, prayers sent out for your BIL. Nurse Lav shines some hope on the situ re stents, so let's hope it's straightforward and proves successful for him.

A# Not much to report. Cruising A& along okay here #A*.

A+Big wA#%ves to evabody! +#A*

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Byrdie - sending positive thoughts and support to your BIL and your sister. Hoping all went smoothly and that the procedure eases the stress on his heart. He sounds like a wonderful man and need all of those we can get here on planet earth right now! Have you received any updates?

Belle - OMG, a week with 4 teens at the beach might qualify you for sainthood! Glad to hear it went well, no drama, and best of all no drinking!

Kensho - Isn't it a great feeling to be driving home (or doing virtually anything) and realizing that "this is when I used to drink/buy/sneak/hide/lie..." ???

Pav - hope your summer health concern that kept you from exercising has resolved and that you can get back to whichever forms you love

Jvo - thanks for mentioning the book coming out this fall - I'll have to check that out

LC - soooooooo good to see you! :hug:

Hellos and waves to Lav, G, Ava, Pauly, Slo, and everyone else stopping by the nest. Make today/tonight a good one!
                          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

jvo - isn't it a wonderful feeling not to feel like crap every single day??

My son & DIL were here this afternoon and my granddaughter has 6 teeth coming in. My DIL rubs whiskey or tequila on the baby's gums when she is hurting (I totally disagree with this practice and I have already told them my feelings on that subject several times.)
                            Anyway, DIL was talking about it and then said she just remembered where they were and knew we wouldn't have any. LOL
                            It was a pretty nice feeling that it's just so matter of fact. We don't drink. Took me a long time to get here.

Of course, an hour later I tripped and fell flat on the floor. I think I tripped over a block and then the rocking horse and then my rocking chair. I finally decided in that split second that I better just let myself fall before I killed myself. :rotlf: No alcohol was involved.
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

G, are you making fun of me!:yay: haha!

Nora, That sounds like what parents would give their teething babies back in the day when they didn’t have the gum numbing medicine they have today. How many grandchildren do you have?

Byrdie, any news on BIL?

Have a great day.

Comment

You can't imagine how much I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. BIL had the stint put in and Sis sent me the Before and AFter x ray, that artery was 100% blocked. They say he has another one that is 50% blocked, they aren't sure what will be done about that. He stayed in ICU last night, they are moving him to a regular room today. I haven't gotten an update this morning yet. Sis was staying with him. This is surely a wake up call that life is not guaranteed to anyone. This is a guy who exercises regularly and is in shape, he is 6 months older than I am. When I think back at how I drank, knowing I was killing myself it makes me ashamed, sad, and scared at the power of addiction. I will keep you posted on his prognosis and I am so grateful for you all.

G, Funny MAn, eh? Sticking those flying A's in there, you nut! You hAve a license to goof Around sAince you Are Approaching your 1 YeAr mArk!

JVo, I would throw up at all times if I were a teacher. My hat is off to you and your profession!
                                Hugs to all, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X