Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Morning nesters,J-vo I think 80's music makes everything go smoother haha,glad you're getting the prep done early so you're not rushing around last minute,I get so stressed doing that! Byrdie,great news about BIL! I'm so glad they got him to the hospital in time 100% blocked sounds very scary,Nora,glad you decided to sit down before anymore damage could be done,those baby teething gels have been banned cuz they were hurting babies they had some chemical or something in them so when Romeo was teething it was me who suggested whiskey on the gums,Kell refused of course but he was in so much pain I couldn't think of anything else,doc just told her icy stuff to suck on,Wags,I often catch myself thinking wow last time I did this I was drinking,could be something as small as going to a store I haven't been to in awhile or something big like a trip,I hate those ugly days and will probably always have my regrets,was laying in bed last night thinking of that Kenny Chesney song "Don't blink" about the guy who's a 100 and says it goes faster than you think,it really does! I'm not 100 of course dunno if I'll see it (or want to) but thinking how fast this first part of my life has gone and really pissed I spent part of it in a fog is really sad no mas! Waves to all and wishes for a great booze free day
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, all:

Aaah, Pauly. Regret is a tough customer. We're human and we make mistakes ALL OF THE TIME. It is how we learn from those mistakes and rise above that counts.

Byrdie - glad BiL is ok. That is so scary - here's to a speedy recovery.

G, that made me laugh.

Nar - How's that job of yours?

Thanks, Wags, I'm getting there. I gained some weight and am seriously out of shape. It happens SO FAST! I'll get back...

Happy SOBER Tuesday.
      Pav

Comment

Hi Nesters!
        Everyone is sounding good..
        Byrdie, I'm so glad to hear that your BIL is doing alright.. :hug:
        Pauly, we've just got to let go of those regrets! Nothing doing about the past.. but right now, and the future?! We've got this. I keep reminding myself that I never have to make those mistakes again..:love:
        Jvo, good on you for getting ahead of the game! What new "after school" rituals will you create for yourself? I'll tell you, what's helped me TONS! is to come home and have a 20 minute power nap on the sofa.. I set the alarm and nap or if I can't sleep, meditate in the supine position. I'm usually so mentally and physically exhausted after work and this really helps..

Now I'm off to have a warm (as opposed the cold ones I've been having the past weeks!) bath. So many nice things to do when we aren't being consumed by alcohol!
        Love and hugs to you all..xx
        Last edited by lifechange; August 20, 2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We remain in the excessive heat & humidity here. Grateful I thought to go get most of my hair cut off yesterday, haha! I can’t deal with the resulting frizz in this weather.

Byrdie, glad your BIL is OK. Very often (unfortunately) the clogs in coronary arteries have to reach a certain percentage before the insurance companies will OK a procedure. How sad is that? In the meantime a healthy, low animal fat diet, exercise & certain medications will help.

Regrets - we all have them but they are best being left in the past where they belong. We can’t change anything we did but we have 100% control over today & tomorrow.
          LC & Pauly just keep moving forward, one foot in front of the other, no need to look back, right?

Hello to everyone & wishing a comfy & safe night in the nest for all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning nest.. after 3 days of frustrating attempts, and with some help from Byrdy, I managed to get back in here.
            Suffice, for the moment, to say its been a very difficult year or so and I really need to be here. Its day 1 again....see quitting is so easy I've done it loads of times....it's staying there that's hard. 1 day at a time though.

Comment

Hi Tony - welcome back. I'm glad you could finally get back on.

I agree with leaving the regrets in the past. Once I was able to lay the guilt down, my head was much clearer to focus on me and my sobriety. I have done so many things that I am ashamed of. I can't change any of them and I needed to stop carrying that heavy load of guilt. Those times don't define who I am today.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Byrdie, are you messing with me and my flying AÂ’s? Well, then IÂ’ll just use my new keyboard and make yinz all crazy. Little pittsburghese never hurt anybody! Glad your BIL is doing ok and is getting the care he needs.

Pauly, the fog is lifting now. We will continue to do this together and feel so much lighter going through life.

LC, I do sometimes take a short nap. RLS doesnÂ’t let me lay down too long! And if I canÂ’t do that, a little meditation does sound just right. I have the headspace app and am using that for 10 minute sessions for now. Maybe will extend eventually. Glad youÂ’re doing so well!

Lav, insurance companies of all kinds just suck. Medical, car...my son had a second accident a few months back. He was fine, but the car wasnÂ’t this time. Do you know that they not only dropped my son from the insurance, but my husband and I as well! We havenÂ’t had one accident the whole time weÂ’ve been insured. We pay and pay for this and the second just one person has an accident, they drop you. Smh. Shame on them.

Tony, so glad youÂ’re here with us.

Day 21 here, that means at midnight tonight, IÂ’ve completed three whole weeks with very little discomfort and great support.

ItÂ’s hot and humid here, mosquitos are eating me up... Pauly, you donÂ’t know what thatÂ’s like!!! Have a good night.

Comment

Welcome back Tony
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Logging in quickly while dinner is cooking. Tony, your "just say NO" avatar caught my eye. This quit, that is how I am handling cravings and the AL voice. I just say NO, as quietly or as loudly as I need to stop myself from reaching for the bottle. NO seems to be my go to tool this time around.

Byrdy, i am glad to hear your BIL is doing better. You just never know. I knew a guy who had a quadruple bypass at age 57. He was fit as a fiddle, played volleyball all the time. about a year after his bypass, he was cleared to play volleyball again. He passed away on the volleyball court. Looks can be deceiving. Every (sober) day is a gift.

And to all of you with the kudos for my beach trip with 4 teens...it really was not that bad. The worst part was when my son went into the ocean with his glasses on after I told him to take them off. Yes, it only took one wave and they headed north with the current. I found time to take care of myself when the teens were sleeping late every morning, and I took a salt float. So relaxing, it was like I envision the ever after to be like.

Take care all...especially you teachers!
                    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Well, being on day 1 again, I can't sleep. I now have a theory on this that the brain and body becomes so used to being chemically anaesthetised with alcohol that it's forgotten how to sleep naturally. I am just reading around the threads to see whats been happening. ... I did think about getting rid of all the hidden empties to the wheelie bin but I dont think the neighbours would appreciate that much noise for that long....

Comment

Welcome back, [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION]! There’s a neurotransmitter explanation for it being hard to sleep. The good news is, they will go back to where they should be over time. It’s great that you’re back and ready to get this done. Be kind to yourself. NS
                        Last edited by NoSugar; August 20, 2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Tony, I'm so glad you got back in! We are so glad your'e here and getting this last Day 1 behind you will be a relief! Welcome back, friend! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Welcome back, Tony!!!:happy2:

Comment

Good evening Nesters from the land of excessive heat & humidity
                              One more day of this tomorrow then supposedly some cooler air moves in. I’ll believe it when I see it, haha!

Tony, glad to see you back!
                              It took quite a while for my system to clear too so sleep took a while to improve. Hang in there & just believe that everything will be getting better for you, promise

Jvo, insurance companies are in the business of making money. They don’t like to have to share. Sorry you have to deal with that.

I’m dog sitting my son’s 13 yr old Golden Retriever this week. One way or the other I always seem to be running a doggie nursing home here, LOL
                              Wishing everyone a safe & Comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, he’s up there in age for a golden retriever! Great he’s had such a long and healthy life.

Tony, my sleep is kinda crap, too, but I think it’s more related to anxiety and thinking of going back to work. It will get better!

I’m doing ok, taking it one day at a time. Not trying to put too much more in my head, as I have a hard time getting out of my head. For now, it is the. Best thing to just keep it simple.

Have a good evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X