Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

J-Vo, I think the Real ID’s are going into effect October of 2020. I want to get it over with and I know if I don’t make an appointment, I will put it off to the last minute. Did you have a conversation with your doctor a few weeks ago? I meant to ask how that went. I’m so glad you have a strong mindset, as you know, that’s just what it takes.
    Pav, I woke up at 4 am this morning and finally got up at 6. Dang, now I’m pooped.
    Hope everyone has an easy Sattidy. Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to report it was COOL all day, haha!! I think I may start feeling human again after this boiling hot summer season.

Pav, my chickens don’t smell, at least I don’t notice. Like any animal, you have to clean up after them, keeping the bedding clean & all that. If you are in an area that has small yards you could could probably get away with having 2 or 3. They make more noise than i realized. Our neighbors are not close enough to hear them, so that’s good. I currently have 20 birds. A few of them are older, around 3 years or so & they are no longer laying. They’re more or less squatters at this point & I let them out to roam around, eat bugs & just hang out.

I went to bed late last night Byrdie, around midnight & kept waking up about once an hour ~ very frustrating to say the least. And I have no idea why either.

Wags, self employment definitely has it’s perks. Turn down anyone who gives you that ‘weirdo’ vibe, haha!!

Tony, glad you got to see the counselor quickly. Sounds like you have a great start!

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy UnHung Sun everyone.
        Well work is wearing me out and I am totally exhausted in the evenings. We work 9 hour days and get every other Friday off. I am constantly worried about getting laid off which is driving me crazy. I have one more month and it will be 90 days, I will just have to do my best and it will all work out. After 90 days I won’t be so stressed.
        Ava, holy crap the incident with your son sounds awful. We all know you can’t reason with a drunk but hopefully you can talk to him today, he might really listen. Who knows, I know it sucks.

Tony, you are doing great. I really like going to a Counsellor, I find it really helps. Plus I get to talk about myself for an hour, haha

Pav, NS, Byrdie, hmmm that perfectionist thing. I don’t think I have that gene but I know I have some pretty high expectations of myself and I need to give myself a break sometimes.

Yeah Wags, I have been watching some scary shows one Netflix, stay away from the weirdos.

JVo, I don’t understand the real id thing, do you have a fake id right now?

I’ve been watching this show called mind hunter and it is freaking me out (it’s really good though). My daughter took an Uber to the airport this morning and I told her to text me when she got to the airport in case the Uber driver was a murderer, sheesh.

Have a great day everyone and don’t drink today.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Sunday afternoon here and getting ready for a lamb chop dinner. Yum. Food tastes just amazing now!

That’s a lot of chickens, Lav! My sis has lots as does my BIL. Sometimes we get some good eggs from him but sis lives in philly so nothing there.

Nar I hope you get some stability in your job. That would creat so much anxiety. After 90 days, does it become permanent. Real ID’s are something we will all have to have by October 2020 I would assume for safety. Nothing is safe here and it’s not going to stop the shootings. Scary.

After dinner, gonna do my nightly routine to get ready for work. I’m feeling ok about going back. I’m not at all down in the dumps, but I really believe had I been drinking like I was, I would not be able to handle it. I have a sense of peace right now. I already know what expectations and rule changes they’re making so I had time to get angry and over it already. No reason to get myself upset over the same thing twice.

Ok, will post tomorrow evening. Have a good night.
          Last edited by jvo; August 25, 2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Good evening nesters.

Well todayhas completely runaway with me!

Offto bednow and I'll check in properly tomorrow

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Blessed with another nice day here. This is totally unheard of in August on the east coast, haha!!

Narilly, glad to see you & I hope you don’t get yourself stressed out. Sometimes all we can do is our best & leave the rest to the universe

Jvo, I wish you an excellent start to the school year. I bet you are grateful to be AF now!!!
              Btw, no one leaves my house without a dozen or two eggs, Lol

Tony, hope your day was a good one

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well, another sober weekend under our belts and time to start a new work week. Well, mine actually started today with 4 sessions, and then I have tomorrow off! I love having Mondays off - it's a great opportunity to go places -- parks, shopping, movies on a rainy day, etc -- when almost everyone else is back to work and/or school.

I declined the weirdo-vibe dude and feel very good about it. The good news is that I got a totally different new student inquiry and met with her this morning and now have a new student I'll be working with from now through the end of Nov. So that all balanced out quite nicely.

Hope you all have great starts to your weeks!
                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good Monday Morning!

Nar - sorry your job is so stressful. It is hard to learn everything, or is the work itself stressful? Or is it only the not knowing if you'll be laid off? I guess I want to know if the stressfulness will go away at 90 for a particular reason, or if it is a deadline you set for yourself? I'm not the typical perfectionist - believe me. I DO work too much, though, and I think that diminishing returns do apply.

Way to go Wags! What do you tell potential students when you tell them you can't work with them? "Not a good fit?" That part would be stressful to me because no matter how weird, I wouldn't want to make anyone feel bad!

Lav, how long do chickens live? (provided no foxes get in to the hen house!) I know I could Google all of this, but I like hearing from you! Do you sell or give away extra eggs, or do you just eat a lot of eggs?

Glad the appt. was a success, Tony. Keep it up!

I am committing to exercise this week - just the weekends isn't enough. Hold me to it!

Pav

Comment

Morning nesters,Wags that's why I like my Fridays off I can get alot done,glad you got a student you're pleased with Byrdie,I don't even wanna think about the real ID cuz I misplaced my birth certificate somehow,grrrr,and my social security card looks like an antique dollar bill it's so crumpled,I've gotta start searching for that birth certificate tho,Lav,glad you had a cooler day Tony, you're coming along nicely great to see that,J-vo glad you aren't stressin about going back to work, drinking just makes everything feel dire and hard to handle,that's the past though,off to start my week,wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Pav,get the exercise in, even if it's just some squats while doing the dishes, brushing your teeth, watching TV, anything is still something I just ordered myself a nicer Fitbit for my birthday last night,it comes today and I'm excited

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wags, that gut instinct is priceless, right? I have never once regretted turning down a client, and I almost always feel relief once I say no - no matter how much profit might be lost. Great job listening!

Jvo, she said “Mommy waters” is a new brand with nothing but flavored sparkling water and alcohol, to keep the calories down. Might as well just tap a vein, if you ask me. It’s just a pretty package, selling a fix. Yes, I wasn’t expecting the AV to return. But I had learned that my thoughts aren’t truth unless I deem them so, and I gave them some time. I saw my truth again - and I’m SO glad I didn’t drink. I would be so disappointed in myself and back to the terrible beginning.

PAV, my “stumble” was me comparing myself to others. A big trap every time. It’s not about how bad my problem was compared to others, it’s how bad my problem was for me. Period. End of story, for all of us.

Tony, I’m so glad for you! Great job seeking what you need, it sounds like there are some great resources in your area! And I never cease to be amazed at how much being in nature helps me. I love seals and sea lions - enjoy!! Keep going, you’re doing great!!!

This past birthday weekend really took it out of me. I made it all happen, from Saturday morning to 9:30 last night. I am not a fan of two big birthdays on subsequent days. I think I may go back to sleep here in a moment. And naps are unheard of by me. But I’ve gotten into the habit of taking care of myself, which I quite like.

I saw a Toni Morrison quote I really liked this weekend. It reminded me that there is only so much we can each control - the rest is how well we adapt to what we cannot control:

“If you surrender to the wind, you can ride it.”

Happy start to the week all, I’m going to bed.
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Well that's me brought down to earth with an almighty bang...

Went to the Doctors and she TOLD ME OFF for stopping drinking!!!!! She said it was not acceptable to do it without medical supervision up front. She went on to tell me that the practice (which, as I moved is a different one to before) doesnot prescribe any medication in connection with alcohol recovery .

She was really quite cross with me . She has referred me to the "Integrated Alcohol Dependency Service" and said I should hear from them in around 3 weeks ...THREE WEEKS!

So absolutely no medical assistance whatsoever.

I went to the supermarket after and walked up and down the booze aisles, but decided I'm better than that. ...I'm going to a Smart Recovery meeting tomorrow so I'll ask someone for some advice.

God, I feel deflated
                          Last edited by tonyniceday; August 26, 2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Those spiked seltzer waters have a pretty high al% from what I've seen too Kensho,I tried them once and I puked

Comment

Tony, if you were going to have medical complications, I think it would have happened by now. The doctor you spoke to sounds like she is going by the book, not taking your personal situation into account. Most of us here had no medical assistance during the first days and weeks. It obviously is possible (and 'acceptable'). Good on you for not giving up and buying something. :hug:

I came across a great thing to think about when worrying about the future, given what you know might (or might not) happen: If you read that it was going to rain tomorrow, ruining your plans, would you go out and get wet today?

Comment

Evening all,

First day down in the books. I went in very relaxed, and so unlike me. I’ve been keeping up with my headspace meditation, and I think today I got to see that it really has helped me being faced with this first day back. I was relieved that I felt so peaceful. Strange. Very. But I’ll take it. Tomorrow is 4 weeks!

Tony, I agree with NS and you don’t need meds now, just support. We are here for you and glad to see you’re going to face to face at smart recovery. I’ve only heard good things regarding that organization.

Wags, good call and wow, how the universe works to our advantage so much, especially when we’re sober.

Pav, good luck with your exercise goals this week. My goal is just “don’t drink.”

I came straight home and immediately put pj’s on then ate dinner. Now for night time routine. Have a good night all.
                                Last edited by jvo; August 26, 2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X