Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone! Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Another (sober) year on the books! The kids lavished me with notes and a foot massage (THAT'S love!), and we had a nice visit to our farmer's market. I have also been under the weather - I didn't know I could blow my nose so many times in a day. Ug. I'm feeling a little better today.

Wags, I'm sorry the wife hurt herself - but I was so relieved when you said it was her hand instead of her newly-fixed shoulder! I've had one bug or another for about 3 weeks now - so I sympathize with that too. Healthy is around the corner, I can feel it!

As for temp - hot here too. Don't get me started about the climate. It frustrates me to no end that we are so reactive as a race. I remember harsh warnings from scientists when I was a little girl - but too many of us looked the other way and found a reason to not believe the smartest people on our planet. UG!

Well, we have just four days or work, and then head to the California coast (much more south than you PAV) for a long weekend. I am looking forward to the beach, though it will be different this time since my husband's brother is meeting him out there to attend a music festival and get sloshed. YUCK. But I can focus on the sand and beautiful neighborhoods and my kids.

Have a great Monday!
    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Happy belated birthday Kensho Wags,ooh I'm so sorry your poor wife fell like that! Just awful
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yo y'all.

Wags, wishing the Missus a speedy and full recovery, and hope you don't catch the flu!

Kensho, wow, Cali beaches and sun with family. I love it.

Springtime here with some beautiful days bursting outta the gates, but we seem to still have one foot in winter with alternate days of drizzle and grey skies. Am i complaining? Whaaa? Noooo. Grateful soul here. With sobriety comes patience and a little more access to logical thinking! I'm still crazy, but far more measured and considered in my words and actions.....er, i think.

Have a bewdy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I hope everyone’s Monday was OK.
          I’m watching my grandsons until their mother picks them up around 9:30 ish.

Wags, very sorry about your wife’s fall, ouch!
          Being a nurse or caretaker of someone with an infectious process going on doesn’t mean you have to get sick too. Good old fashioned hand washing & wiping of surfaces helps a lot. Don’t be shy, go pick up a few disposable masks if you think you need them. I am 99.9% sure I never picked up anything from a patient & can only remember one or two instances of picking up something from my kids. I was a fiend for infection control, haha! I hope you stay well

Narilly, Pav, hello to you both!

Kensho, years ago we flew from Philadelphia to Monterey, CA for the jazz festival this time of year. Turns out it was pouring rain on the day we had tickets so we skipped it, LOL. My husband actually sold the tickets on a street corner to someone willing to sit/stand in the rain.
          I hope you have better weather & enjoy the beach!

Hello Pauly, G, Byrdie & everyone.

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I came across a touching tweet - a man was expressing gratitude for his 12 years of sobriety and commented that even though the world right now is often harsh and mean, he is so grateful to no longer feel like he is the worst thing in it.

Comment

Morning nesters,NS that's lovely I always felt like the most horrible,dirty human being on the planet while drinking,ugh! Lav I wish I could wear a disposable mask around those customers but I think the normal people might think I'm the one with a disease and not let me cut their hair haha,not much going on here,the new puppy learned how to climb the stairs overnight so I woke up to puppy turds on the landing boo-boo and now I'm gonna hafta keep my bedroom door shut cuz he's a chewer and I don't want my good shoes messed up,waves to all and have a happy AF day
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, All:

Wags - I get so impatient when my husband is injured...I know you feel sorry for her, and it hurts when someone you love is hurting, but it is also a burden on you! I hope she heals quickly for her sake and for yours.

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                With sobriety comes patience and a little more access to logical thinking!
                Mr. G - I'm thinking you'll need to write the companion piece to NS's book. Yours cold be "quotes on sobriety" with your little daily gems. Thanks.

I had a little magical thinking yesterday. I was very anxious and irritated (yes, the teen again, and my husband fight all of the time), and it ran through my brain how good I could feel so quickly. Thanks to the advice I've gotten here, I knew that I should take the exercise to play it through to the end. After all this time, the thought was fleeting and I could still conjure that terrible feeling I had that last month before I quit.

Happy SOBER Tuesday.

Pav

Comment

good morning all! My wife is doing a bit better with her hand and being sick, so hopefully both are on the mend. Thanks for the well wishes!

Pav - yep, I try to be patient but care giving is hard work and sometimes I need a break. I told her no more injuries for the rest of the year!

Lav - I've been a hand washing and sanitizing fool these past several days and it seems to be working! I have a decent immune system but when she brings "child germs" home sometimes I don't stand a chance

NS - love that post you shared - thanks!

I'm going to take a 2 or 3-day break from being online at all. I'm worn down from my recent heavy work schedule, from the news, from everything. I'm fine, but it's time to unplug for a few days. I'll catch up with you all again at the end of this week. Have good sober days and nights!
                  Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hey All, nice to hear all your stories.

Looks like I'm back - day 6 - also off the weed (day 3) so am now quite moody.
                    But saying sober - I like it.
                    Have cravings today, unable to control my mood sometimes but managing well.

See you soon!
                    Life is better sober

Comment

Hey 3Bots! Hang in there, the first week is the worst and you are almost through it! So good to see you, stay with us!
                      Wags, I hated to hear about your wife’s sickness and injury. Ugg!
                      NS, that is an interesting thought and so true. My self worth was in the toilet. Drinking AL comes at a high price. Glad I’m not willing to pay it anymore!
                      G, your wisdom runneth over!
                      Hugs to all, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Not as hot today so that’s a plus Getting dark much earlier for sure.

Wags, enjoy your online rest, you certainly deserve it friend!

Welcome back 3BOW, glad you decided to take back control of your life. After this week things will be much easier so hang in there & stay close to the nest!

Pav, the magical ‘euphoric’ thinking is bogus, it always has been & always will be. You made the right decision, good for you!

Pauly, get a crate! I have crate trained all of my dogs &it works like a charm. My current 7.5 year old beagle mix loves her crate so much she still sleeps in it every night
                        Btw, you can wear a mask at work & just tell people you have a flawed immune system so you need to protect yourself!

Hi Byrdie & everyone!
                        Wishing a safe night in the nest one & all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, all:

Welcome, 3BOW! I imagine you are quite anxious. Stick close here. Although not as many people post any more, there are years and years of threads to read through. I also recommend a podcast called The Bubble Hour as a sober companion these first several weeks.

I don't have much to say. Happy SOBER Hump Day.

Pav

Comment

PAV, my son and husband butt heads all the time and it’s hard to watch! I’m not sure how much I can help or if I just need to let them figure it out. Frustrating!

WAGS, good for you for unplugging if you need it. It always makes me feel better! Hang in there and keep taking care of yourself!

3B! Good for you for tackling this addiction stuff. You won’t regret it! It may feel hard, but its worth the work and discomfort. Keep plowing forward!

I have way way way too much on my plate. I can’t satisfy everyone. For some reason, I’m not freaking out about it. I’m just doing what I can and telling people that I’ll get to it when I get to it. It is impossible to be it all and do it all.

AND I get to go to the beach tomorrow!!
                            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys, it's great to hear I am not alone.

Cravings gone today, had a lovely peaceful day.
                              I'm sitting outside a bar where I used to drink and am drinking sparking water. Yum.

Enjoy the beach tomorrow Kensho (I love Kensho btw)

Thanks for the advice Pav
                              Good advice Lav, will do...yes it's getting darker here too but still in the 30s today.
                              A hug back at ya Byrdie

I'd write more but am on the phone and the box to write in is very small

See ya's later!
                              Life is better sober

Comment

Morning nesters

Welcome back 3bow, keep on here and you cant go wrong. I used to be my own worst enemy left alone with those thoughts of drinking. Accountability for me is the key to my continued sobriety.

Happy belated birthday Kensho, i hope you had a lovely day.

Wags, sorry to hear about your wife falling and hurting herself. I used to do that a lot drinking :happy2:

Had a migraine the last two days which knocked me for six, thankfully i only get them occasionally but it enough to keep me quiet.

Congrats on your new puppy Pauly, he/she is a cutey for sure. Carl occasionally pulls my shoes out but its more my walking shoes to give me a hint he wants to walk. He started at big boy training school last night and after his initial excitement was very good. He has an amazing joy for life which makes me smile.

NS, how true, i no longer feel that i am not worth being on this planet. Sobriety is the thing that keeps on giving in my life.

A 3 day weekend for us. The football grand final. Lots of drunk people and have been invited to a party of which i declined. Id prefer to garden or knit than watch people get drunk. My next door neighbour came over the other day at 2pm with a scotch in his hand, he isnt one of us but i just looked at that glass and thought "how could you". I'm becoming a reformed drinker and loving it! Though i do keep my thoughts to myself.

Take care xx
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X