Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

liiiiiitle bit of milk, no sugar please. Sure the pastry will make up for it in sweetness

Flip, no wonder i've been gaining weight. No more beer but plenty of coffee with pastries.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think i'm a caffeine and sugar addict now. Is that better then being an Alcoholic???
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;867085 wrote: Do stop by later, Coco-Nut...I got a fresh load of krill today. It's sitting down in the truck and you're the only nestling who happens to enjoy it.
        It's a refrigerated truck, right? :H
        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

johnnyh;867095 wrote: I think i'm a caffeine and sugar addict now. Is that better then being an Alcoholic???
          You too? Funnily enough I used to be very very particular about my diet. (Lots of AL was perfectly OK, as long as it was offset with lots of fresh veg!!) I know what you mean about the sugar! (Can both of us fit in that pig suit?)
          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;867106 wrote: You too? Funnily enough I used to be very very particular about my diet. (Lots of AL was perfectly OK, as long as it was offset with lots of fresh veg!!) I know what you mean about the sugar! (Can both of us fit in that pig suit?)
            lol. doubt it. I'm filling it out pretty well.

Amazing how people always assumes one should lose weight when one quits drinking. I've gained 5 kilos in the past 2 months. arg... I used to come home, vegetate on the couch with lots of wine, beer, etc. didn't even used to eat at times as that curbs my AL appetite.

Now I come home, Coffee, some chocolate or pastry with it. A fat dinner, and maybe a hot chocolate before going to bed. Look, it's great quality of life But it's showing in the wrong areas

I need a diet
            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

johnnyh;867108 wrote: lol. doubt it. I'm filling it out pretty well.

Amazing how people always assumes one should lose weight when one quits drinking. I've gained 5 kilos in the past 2 months. arg... I used to come home, vegetate on the couch with lots of wine, beer, etc. didn't even used to eat at times as that curbs my AL appetite.

Now I come home, Coffee, some chocolate or pastry with it. A fat dinner, and maybe a hot chocolate before going to bed. Look, it's great quality of life But it's showing in the wrong areas

I need a diet
              One thing at a time!
              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

So very true!!
                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings, urchins!

*Ugh* Play time is OVA! Back to work :upset:
                  It's BEEEEEautiful outside... gonna be a hot one! And, I'll be sporting an ingrown office chair.. just don't seem right!

Anywho... Here are the fruits (or flowers, if you will) of my labour: Spring Garden | Facebook

So, what'd I miss? Fennel, had to chuckle at your kitty... sounds awfully familiar. I'm glad Techie is looking into things for you... this router issue has gone far enough! Hrmpfh.

Whoops, there goes the phone. Later!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey folks - really, really late.

Fennel - can you throw me my bagel & diet coke as I run past please?????

I need to get to work. I really miss the Nest and plan on spending more time here.

Prancy - Los Angeles area. (Pico Rivera to be exact!)
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mama here....and doing great.
                      I have decided there are Morning Nesters and Evening Nesters........ I am always asleep by 9:00 so I always miss all the evening chatter...........
                      Fennelll...I say hook up some rabbit ears and your pooter shoulf work fine
                      Sunni...I am going to check out your garden link right now
                      Come ON Girly..........you CAN do this....
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunni...so pretty....I love your house!!!!
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

@ Sunni...wow, what a gorgeous garden...and shack! I'm packing my bags and moving in.

@ Nora- Here's your diet coke and bagel!

@ Mama...I wish it was just a matter of rabbit ears. This darned computer stuff has me pretty ticked off. Right now, I'm working off of Mrs. Fennel's ancient Dell, via her work connection. I swear, it takes ten minutes to get this thing revved up, and if you look at it sideways, the whole thing comes crashing down.

Comment

Newbies Nest

@ Coco- You betcha my truck is refrigerated! I'm whipping up a nice krill shake for you right now! A little beak-tempting morsel just for you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;867249 wrote: @ Coco- You betcha my truck is refrigerated! I'm whipping up a nice krill shake for you right now! A little beak-tempting morsel just for you.
                              How uplifting! Thank you!
                              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;867176 wrote: Anywho... Here are the fruits (or flowers, if you will) of my labour: Spring Garden | Facebook
                                Gorgeous! As soon as I return from my visit to Noosa, I'm coming by!
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X