Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Noosa did sound very appealing. Mrs. Fennel hates when I look at other birds, though. Maybe I can trick her into taking a vacation there!

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;867260 wrote: Noosa did sound very appealing. Mrs. Fennel hates when I look at other birds, though. Maybe I can trick her into taking a vacation there!
      And she probably doesn't like it much when you look at your field guides either.
      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all. A beautiful day to be sober! Day 7 for me! Beginning to feel like a real human being again,
        nora c, close enough that if we get desperate, we can find a place in between and hold each other's hands!
        sunshine, great garden. I have put in some time in mine this spring also but my tomato plant was in a large pot and it blew over in the wind yesterday and my biggest tomato fell off. I don't seem to have much luck with the tomatoes but I try every year!
        Have a great day all. prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;867269 wrote: And she probably doesn't like it much when you look at your field guides either.
          She hates it! Plus, I have two bird feeders in the back yard...it makes her crazy with jealousy. Am I really being that insensitive? I'm not looking at them in "that way"...

Comment

Newbies Nest

prancy;867273 wrote: Good morning all. A beautiful day to be sober! Day 7 for me! Beginning to feel like a real human being again,
            nora c, close enough that if we get desperate, we can find a place in between and hold each other's hands!
            sunshine, great garden. I have put in some time in mine this spring also but my tomato plant was in a large pot and it blew over in the wind yesterday and my biggest tomato fell off. I don't seem to have much luck with the tomatoes but I try every year!
            Have a great day all. prancy
            Hi prancy! Glad you're doing well. Sorry about your tomato plant. The squirrels and birds always get mine.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.
              Still snuggled up in bed for me. My body obviously thought it was my turn to catch the cold after nursing my son, daughter and husband with their recent bouts. Dont like giving in to illness (now that I dont get hangovers!!). Luckliy ( or unluckily) it is my day off so will be able to take it easy.
              Sunny - your house and garden are lovely. One of my things to do on my list was to grow an orchid. So on sunday I went to the local nursery and bought a beautiful one - green (!) petals with a purple centre. See how long it takes for me to kill it.... I have never seen the orchids you have planted. I would love to have a bit of land to get my fingers stuck into. Thanks for posting them.
              Hey Girly - hope you are feeling better today. We're all behind you.
              Hello to everyone else who pops in-
              Bye for now
              HC
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ugh. I hate colds. I hope you feel better soon, Hippy Chick! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening, boyz 'n gurlz!

No gardening today... I was being good all day and actually worked. Tonight I had a little ride on Atlas - hmmm.. not a terribly relaxed ride but not bad, either. There will be some testing boundaries on his part - that's to be expected. But at least, I was able to make him go just a little bit past "Nope - I'm not going any farther" - and that's the main thing. Unfortunately, he really got himself worked up (there were horse-eating trucks in the driveway 'n stuff) which doesn't help his cough or breathing at all. So, he got a big mouthful of Buckley's for horses (don't laugh... that's exactly what it is) after we got back - I don't think he's liking me very much tonight I may try tacking up Miss Sophie tomorrow night... see what she thinks. I figure, at her age she doesn't owe anybody anything - but if she still wants to go out riding, I'm happy to oblige.

Hippy I hope you're feeling better! Colds just suck. And suck the life right outta ya. As for the orchids I found - they're very dainty and pretty and I LOVE native plants. I'm forever finding stuff in the woods and transplanting it to the yard. I did this at my old place as well. That's the nice thing about having acreage - you got a built in nursery And if they survive in the wild, you know they can withstand harsh winters, dry summers, etc.

Fennel, I think your kitty and Miss Bubbles are closely related. In the time I typed the above we went from butt in the face (like REALLY in the face) to licking my nose, to now draping herself over both my arms (not easy typing like this). And then she has the nerve to yell at me when I move. Pah! :H Oh, and this morning was the first time she left a 'present' on the driveway - some unfortunate mangled rodent who met with an untimely demise - just the kinda thing you want to trip over before breakfast :yukko:

Coco, MamaBear, Fennel... sure - come on down! Or up, I suppose... seeing that I'm pretty far north!

Well, nestlings... have a fabulous night/day, wherever you are... night light is on for the late fledglings
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good lord, sunshine, if you dug up something in California, they would put you away for years! You are not even supposed to pick wildflowers any more. Of course, we have a few more people in a few less acres than Canada! I love how natural your land looks. I have about an acre but I have to water all of it in this hot climate and the water in So. Cal is exorbitant! Best of luck with the tender green things...and all the bugs and snails, rabbits, squirrels and deer that so enjoy them!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning folks!
                      Hipster, hope you minding yourself - I reckon colds are very underrated, you can feel really sh(*te can't you.
                      My youngest had his 16th birthday yesterday and his 'Grad' from transition year in school so a big day all round - and then in the middle of it he had a major row with his girlfriend - don't know what about - and they broke up. The poor little blighter is devestated! I just keep hugging him and being 'Mammy' I could kill her the little wretch!! Anyway he's back to school this morning so hopefully will have cheered up by tonight. His big Sis wants to go out and claw her eyes out for upsetting her kid brother!!!!
                      Hubby is now playing with wires (pardon the expression!!) so better go and give a hand before we all blow up. Check in later
                      Molly
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunshine...try to think of that poor, mangled critter as the "love offering" that Miss Bubbles intended it to be, lol! Doin' her part to support the family. :yukko: She does sound like a relative of Bob's. What is it with some of these felines?

A friend of mine has horses...she says that one's main goal with them is to keep their lives very calm and boring, lol! She has a boy who gets skittish when he comes upon anything that wasn't on the trail the last time he was there, such as a brush pile (horse-eating brush pile, perhaps?). Sounds like you have your work cut out for you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awww...I hope your "baby" feels better soon, Molly. Must be hard to see him broken-hearted.

Also hoping that hubs didn't blow your house up!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yawn...

Just sticking my head in here to say hi. Been on the run the whole day and out and about again just now.

I hop you're all having a good day
                            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey...mama here home sick too.....we should hang out Hippy!
                              Terrible stomach thin...yick...and NO it's not a hangover....
                              everyone sounds good so I am going back to sleep...
                              I have two kittes, Trouble and Lucky and they LOvE to bring me presents....dead ones!!!!
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - just got home from my first social event sans AL. It was a reception for the opening of an exhibition, so bottomless glasses of wine were on offer. Went fairly well, stuck to sparkling water, but I have to admit, I had the hunger.

mama, I used to have a cat that was a ferocious hunter. Yours must really love you to bring you so many offerings.
                                While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X