Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Well done Not Tonight! No probs havin the hunger as you put it once you stuck to the water!
    Knackered now had a long day climbing a mountain - no I really was climbing a mountain, well a big hill anyway and my legs are aching but feel good.
    See you all tomorrow
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good JOb Not Tonight...
      yes, I have found snakes, baby bunnies, numerous birds....
      Molly...take a nice long bath my friend
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you, "not tonight"! I agree with you, Mama's cats must love her a great deal to bring her so many dead critters. Mama, throw them on down to the truck. You know I can always find something to do with them.

Molly, what hill did you climb today? You're not back in the "wooly west", are you? Did you climb the Wicklow mountains?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Fennel....you never seem to have a complaint and always a joke or comfort to share. I can send you critters from Jupiter (my cat with 7 and 8 toes) (great tree climber and huntress) but I don't want to eat them... )

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whoa...that's a lot of toes!

Trust me, RC...once I get enough of my Habanero special sauce on them, you wont even know what you're eating!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay....hot sauce of any kind works for me....rock hard stomach. As they say I'll try anything once...well almost anything....well lots of things....my kitty came knocking at my door 8 years ago as a stray....she's amazing! Some kind of throw back from Egyptian times I'm told.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

I found my two felines in the Arboretum parking lot 11 years ago this July. Dumped off, apparently. Nothing so exotic as an egyptian throw-back! What sort of kitty do you think Jupiter is? Mine are tortoise-shells.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I don't know the breed, but she's all black but with this distinguishing feature of 7 or 8 toes depending on which foot you're looking at. She was just a babe at about 7 months, then had her own litter of 4 at 4 months later. Found goods homes through the local vet and was a wonderful experience for my kids to be part of the birth. I really connected with her through that as a birthing coach, believe it or not.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm here.....I'm here.....

Now - I've got to go back & read all that I've missed. I shall return.......

I've missed the nest.:l
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'll start at the end & go back.
                      RC - I've been the birthing coach a few times myself. A couple of times, it was a real challenge. I remember one time, our poor kitty just didn't know what to do. She kept getting up and walking around WHILE she was giving birth. Getting in my lap. That was a tough one. But, it all worked out in the end.
                      We just found homes for 3 of our 5 kittens and are keeping 2 of them. Our niece named them.....Mr. Cheddar and Shadow.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ringing Cedars;868521 wrote: Dear Fennel....you never seem to have a complaint and always a joke or comfort to share.
                        I agree 100%. Thank you Fennel. :thanks:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ringing Cedars;868536 wrote: I don't know the breed, but she's all black but with this distinguishing feature of 7 or 8 toes depending on which foot you're looking at. She was just a babe at about 7 months, then had her own litter of 4 at 4 months later. Found goods homes through the local vet and was a wonderful experience for my kids to be part of the birth. I really connected with her through that as a birthing coach, believe it or not.
                          My older girl, Bob, was pregnant when I found her. I suspected as much, but the x-rays said "no". Two weeks later, she and her daughter had their spays (abortion) and poor Bob wasn't doing too well. I nursed her through a nasty postpartum depression (yes, really) and she bonded to me. I guess her (4) embryos weren't calcified enough to register on the x-rays when we found her, so it appeared that she wasn't pregnant.

Her daughter was only about 6--10 months when we found them and in "heat"...what a great experience that was!

They are very spoiled now, as they should be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Geez...you guys are making me blush! Thanks for your kind words!

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;868542 wrote: I'll start at the end & go back.
                              RC - I've been the birthing coach a few times myself. A couple of times, it was a real challenge. I remember one time, our poor kitty just didn't know what to do. She kept getting up and walking around WHILE she was giving birth. Getting in my lap. That was a tough one. But, it all worked out in the end.
                              We just found homes for 3 of our 5 kittens and are keeping 2 of them. Our niece named them.....Mr. Cheddar and Shadow.
                              Are you keeping the grey kitty? Who is Shadow?

Comment

Newbies Nest

newbee

Yes..........I have been LURKING! for..........a month....
                                Couldn't bring myself to log....I took my first sip at the tender age of fourteen..........guess I was hooked from there. At the age of thirty five...I held it down to a bottle of wine on the weekend....fast forward............now I'm 56.............It's a bottle.....almost every night...on the nights that I "abstain". ... I struggle from 5 till 7. If i can make it past the magic hours.............I'm fine. Any hoo.........I'm tired and fed up. I want to greatly reduce. I would appreciate info on meds that would decrease the cravings for wine .......with few se........This website is a GodSend!

Comment

Working...
                                X