X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Today is PAV’s turn to celebrate 6 years AF :yay: :welldone:
    I am very happy for you & your twin Ava. You both have made the nest mums proud!!!!

Shades, I am so sorry to hear about your accident. These things happen so easily & in a split second. Please take care & know we are thinking of you with much love.

Wags, speaking of vacuums - my daughter said she needs a new one & also a food processor. I just ordered the processor on Amazon, I’ll let her have the fun of buying her own vacuum, haha! Hope you found a nice one.

Hello to G, Steady, Kensho, Pauly & everyone else stopping in today.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello everyone, just checking in.

Shades, so sorry about what you are going through. I can’t even imagine. I am sending big hugs to you, take it one day at a time.

Vacuum, what’s that? Lol

Hello G, Pav, Lav, Pauly, Ken,G, Byrdi, Life, everyone.
      Have a great day and don’t drink, it’s gross.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

What a day in the nest! Two acceptance speeches. BOTH belong in the Tool Box! Those things are golden when a scared and lonely lost soul is searching for some hope. Will you tuck them in there for safe keeping? May I say that things get easier year 7 and 8! Rinse and repeat!
        We are so proud of you! You two are a perfect example of peer pressure working to our advantage! When you have a quit mate, you don’t want to let them down! I hope you are as proud of yourselves as we are! Even the Llamas are doing a jig! :llama:
        Shades, I’m so sorry about the deep water you find yourself navigating. I am wishing you strength.
        Not sure how many of you might remember 3June2013, but she passed away on Thanksgiving day. She lost her battle with cancer. She is the one who coined the phrase, ‘If just one, why not none?’ She was a wonderful member of MWO and sober to the end. RIP.
        Yes, Wags, shopping for Vacuums sucks. Hope your afternoon picks up!
        Hugs to all, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Shades, 2 broken ankles! I’m so sorry! Thank you for being such a loving support to us!
          Byrdie, that is so sad about June. I send prayers and love to her family and friends.
          Ava and Pav- 6 freaking years! You guys are rock stars!
          Kensho- busy week for you! I would have a hard time with a bar in my house in early sobriety. But I do remember not minding after 2 years when my husband had alcohol in the house or if I was pouring wine for company.

Hope everyone else in the best is doing well. I had an awesome coaching session with a sober coach today. I won a free spot with Addiction unlimited and I gobbled it up! It was a zoom call and I am so grateful I got to receive some advice from her!
          Feeling strong! Xoxo
          Last edited by Nursie; December 3, 2019, 02:36 AM.
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi all.

Cool beans Nursie! Raaawkin.

Byrdy. I'm sorry to hear that June passed away. Glad to hear she was sober though. I hope her decision to live sober gave her much peace and joy in her later years. Condolences to her family. Thanks for letting us know.

Now, where's that Dyson catalogue for 2020. Take it easy out there evabody.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi, All:

Thanks for the well wishes and support - it means a lot! I spent the day like any other, although I did tell my husband and son what day it is. I really haven't been TOTALLY honest with my sons - I tell them it was a habit, and that I didn't have an off switch, and that the writing on the wall was there for a more serious addiction. All true, I haven't gone into the details, including the fact that addiction is addiction.

I'm so sorry to hear about 3June. I didn't know she was sick. I quote her all the time! Thanks for letting us know, Byrdie. So sad.

Wags - did you do research? Did you get a vacuum? I get paralyzed by indecision with purchases like that, but maybe if you did the sleuthing you can let me know what you got? I'm in the market for a new vacuum. We have a 20+ year old Hoover that is actually doing ok - it is just huge and heavy and hard to lug around.

Happy SOBER Tuesday (right, Pauly??
              Pav

Comment

Today is my end of the line. went too far drinking and husband took a video of me. how embarrassing, yet I thought I was ok. I risk losing everything if I keep down this rabbit hole...if there is actually any further to go. You all are so helpful yet I needed the butt kick that was this morning from my hubs. Daughter had to call dad home from work early because i was acting "erratically". I don't deserve these kids. I don't know how to help my son and his legal problems. I am lost and have to find my way back or out. I hate being in my house, which is the only place that I drink. Put hubs cooking wine in the garage. I drank that. not even a third of a bottle, but with my meds, it is impairing. I wish I was in another place. I hope this is rock bottom...but I always fear that if things are bad they can get worse.

I know I have the power in me somewhere. I just cannot find it.
                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Belle, YOU CAN DO THIS!! Take it hour by hour. Try and keep busy- clean the house, go for a walk, do Anything else that does not lead you to drink. Get out of the house and go for a coffee, meet a friend for lunch in a place where you usually don't drink.
                  Now is the time to stop. You are to important to your family, they need you. Keep coming here and talking to us, we are 'full' of good ideas. Have a nice cup or two or three cups of coffee, don't let yourself get to hungry. Buy some L-Glutamine, that is supposed to help with cravings. Change up your routine.
                  Hour by hour turns into
                  day by day, start to live your new life today Belle. YOU are a strong woman.
                  We have all been there and we all started in a terrible place just like you but it is Persistance not Perfection that will keep you sober.

Byrdie, that sucks about June Like G says, hopefully she enjoyed the last years of her life being sober.

Pav, I have a vacuum you can have- get up here and visit. Oh, and bring your winter coat, lol.

So I am unemployed again. We lost a bunch of work so they let people go. Its ok, this job was not the awesome job I was hoping it would be, it was sucking the life out of me really. Onward and upward right? Time to enjoy the month of December. I am grateful to be around people that love me.

xo
                  Dont drink today, it is gross.
                  Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Belle, I just sent you a message.
                    Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Belle- it’s a hamster wheel, right? My husband has taken photos and videos of me too. I have been drunk in front of my son way too many times.
                      The only ONLY thing that helps me to get out of the shame and guilt is to NOT DRINK.
                      Right now I am new in sobriety again, so I literally have zero alcohol in my house. No cooking wine, no vanilla, no mouthwash, no nothing. Not in the house, not in the garage, nowhere.
                      Byrdie has always told us to make a plan. Do you have a plan to stay sober?
                      Xoxo
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19
                      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Had a nice lunch out with old coworkers today! No AL in sight, nice!

Belle, what are you waiting for? No one can change things for you but you. Take back your life & your family.
                        Get rid of the AL & stops now. There’s nothing to be afraid of I promise & there will be no regrets :hug:

Byrdie, I didn’t know 3June was sick, that’s sad to hear of her passing., RIP.

Narilly, sorry about the job. Hopefully something better will open up real soon.

Hi Pav, Nursie & everyone.

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Very sad to read about June I remember when Libit passed a few years ago and that was so sad too, Narilly sorry about the layoffs but you sound ok with it,(wish I'd get laid off) spur me into making a shop change,Wags, back when I had carpet I was always EXCITED to get a new vacuum,hubs thought I was crazy for getting so pumped but he doesn't clean so wouldn't know the joy haha,Belle,I really hope you can put your petal to the metal and stop,I'd be pissed if my hubs took video of me while drunk! It's not very funny to make light of someone not well and drinking makes is very unwell,I still get that Christmas drinking pull and it pisses me off! My day to day is so anti-alcohol but the light,music,etc of the holiday just makes me crave,I'm over it and I'll deal with it but it is annoying,waves to the gang and wishes for a happy and healthy AF day!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Wednesday morning, Nesters!

A quick accountability check in on my way to work. I've been reading but not posting so much, which isn't smart as it is my number one Tool!
                            So I'll be here this afternoon to write more.
                            xx Hugs to you all.

Comment

Morning nesters,good for you to at least do a quickie post LC it really does keep us connected even if it's brief like mine is today haha! Wishing everyone a happy and healthy AF day! Slept awful for some reason so I'm just popping in,much love to all
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Morning, All:

Belle - I'm so sorry you're feeling like that. It is such a scary place to be. I agree with Nursie - for this first part, get ALL alcohol out of your house. That will make it a safe place. You can do what Ava did and just get into your pajamas the second you get home so you won't go out again. Make a deal with yourself that you'll post here when you're thinking of drinking NO MATTER WHAT. Just that pause will help. Get your husband's help. Did he film you to make a point? Is he supportive of your sobriety? Then he needs to stop bringing wine into the house! I cooked without wine for 6 years and it was all fine. He'll live. Can he be your support during the witching hour? Do you have the means to see a therapist or sober counselor? Have you tried an AA meeting? For me, the in-person support from my husband and counselor were key. You can always disappear from an online forum (not that we wouldn't chase you down). And you KNOW this, but I'll say it again. Any problems your son has will only be made worse by your drinking. He needs a sober, stable you so that you can make decisions and support him. Your daughter needs you, too. This situation will be stressful for her, too, and she needs you. A friend of mine had a baby two years ago. She had a crazy childhood with an alcoholic mom and dad. She was more or less a normie when she got pregnant, although she drank to excess sometimes as well. Here's what she texted to me, "Most importantly, becoming a mom made me realize even more how scary alcohol was for me as a kid, and I don't want to contribute to [my daughter] ever feeling scared or unsure of me. I want to model healthy behaviors and it's just not worth it for me to even have a glass. I've never been a one drink kinda gal." We are not giving up on you. Don't give up on yourself and your family.

Nar - I'm sorry you got laid off. Your industry is so volatile. Can you parlay your skills into a job that is more stable? At least will you enjoy December off, or is it too stressful being out of work?

Sorry you're craving, Pauly. Can you channel that energy into something positive? Do you want to change jobs? What would it take to make that happen? Getting sober made that happen for me.

Glad to see you check in, LC. You're right, this is a tool for you. We'll see you tonight!

Happy SOBER hump day, all.

xo
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X