Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Morning nesters,Byrdie you sure don't look your age that's for sure Nursie,I'm on MyFitnessPal and there's people there who have gained due to increased appetite on meds but have been able to lose just changing diet and keeping more active but I think focusing on no booze is the #1 priority right now,this is a hard time of year to watch what I eat cuz there's treats everywhere! Lav I love when you call your first grandson your hero he really is though,I wish I'd have just stuck to my quit when Louie was born,was still just in a haze of denial I guess,so dumb that drinking only makes things miserable yet in our heads we convince ourselves it makes us happy,gotta be the dumbest lie ever! I hope everyone has a wonderful AF day,do something nice for yourself today-even something small
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, All:

I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LC! Welcome to the club. I found that one easier than 40 for some reason - maybe because I was sober and feeling pretty good. Sounds like a perfect birthday!

Pauly, I love that. I'll do something nice for myself today, promise.

Nursie- glad you stopped and got some clothes. With quitting and moving more, you should be able to feel healthier quickly. Enjoy the new coat!

Too much HR stuff going on at work. I'm done! I'll just make it through today...

Happy SOBER Friday. No ticket to Boozeville. Don't want one.

xo
      Pav

Comment

Happy Birtheday LC! I hope it was a good one.

Nursie, I buy consignment all the time and so do my kids. Its pretty trendy right now. Enjoy your new coat.

Have a super day everyone.
        I am busy taking my mom and her sister around today.

xo
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Nursie, I'm glad you found some things you like and that fit. NS told me that same thing about my clothes...if they don't make you feel fabulous when you put them on, get rid of them! So I went into my closet with a new eye. It seems I must have gone for a wild shopping spree the one day I was a size 8 because I had a closet full of stuff that wouldn't fit (I mean, not even close)! So by virtue of the fact that they were too small made me feel bad about myself, I got rid of the darn things. I may have fewer things but they all fit me now. My weight has gone up and down over the years and what I find is that when I do lose the weight, I don't want to wear my old stuff, I want something new to show off (new to me, I buy consignment stuff also and love it). Apparently, I have trouble letting go of stuff. (see my drinking record), so if I don't pay so much for an item, I'm less relucant to relinquish it when it no longer makes me feel fabulous. Thank you, NS, for my new closet standards!
          TFIF. It's only Friday the 13th, NOT a ticket to BoozeVille! Hugs to all, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Yeah, life has too many challenges already to let your pants get you down by making comments about your butt or thighs all day :haha:! I always let my kids wear whatever they wanted, figuring if they chose it, they must feel good about themselves in it. Boy did that approach ever make for some crazy outfits over the years. My son used to see his old pictures and say he would never let his kids go out looking so weird but I’m happy to say it is clear that his son is dressing himself!!!

I’m heading home from yet another work trip - was very aware of and grateful for being a non-drinker. I’m dealing with too many tickets already without having one to Boozeville, too! Hope everyone has a great weekend, NS

Comment

Morning nesters

Happy belated 50th LC, i stopped drinking just before i turned 50 and i have no regrets, i may have felt different at the time but now i know i am living the life i should have lived all of my life. no regrets though. I hope you were spoilt rotten.

Pauly, i am getting a new fitbit for xmas, each year my kids put in for a good present so i told them i wanted a bigger and better fitbit. cant wait, just hope i can use it.

Nursie, i have weight that wont budge atm, due to menopause and i've finally realised that it is what it is. i walked daily, i have changed my eating habits, i dont eat much sugar and im happy so who cares. I cant really up my exercise atm due to my shin splints but working on those. I am an avid op shopper (called over here) and my wardrobe is full so i have a stand alone clothes horse too. i swear each time i go i wont buy anything else but i do.

One more week of work and then off for two weeks at xmas. cant wait. going to see my mum today she has to have some tests done on her heart. bit of a worry but will cross that bridge when we get to it. I had a biopsy taken of some thing on my head so hopefully that comes back clear. Loving this getting older business.

My first sunflower for the year has opened, the most beautiful flower in the world, so happy to look that them every morning. i need to plant more.

take care xx
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Quick stop in.

Ava, your post and sunflower made me smile.

Nursie, I also love the consignment stores. Be gentle with yourself. You are beautiful!

Sorry I missed your Birthday LC! What a great round number to begin your best next decade without the chains of alcohol. You are free! Hope it was special!

My 14 yr. old son loved wearing dresses at a young age, and my 10 yr. old daughter combines colors and patterns that you need shades for - and they are both very happy. Neither one of them wants my clothing advice, so I don’t give it. My son has a style all of his own now - and it suites him well. Let them experiment, I say!

I spent the morning listening to a podcast and researching nutrition stuff. I have been sloppy with my eating. Though I’ve enjoyed the flavors, I think I’ve gone a little too far off course as I’m having the old symptoms I used to have (tingling hands/feet, low energy, tooth pain, headaches and joint pain). These things improve vastly when I eat better. I don’t believe in perfect, but better makes a difference in my daily life when I pay attention!

Looking forward to a taco at our new street taco place, and maybe a movie tonight. It’s nice to not feel stressed at work ATM. Life is good - riding the wave.

Hugs to all!
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Ava I bought myself a Fitbit versa for my 90 day sober present over the summer and I love it! I bought hubs one for Christmas hopefully he'll use it,hope your mom's tests come out ok I was just talking about the subject of buying stuff that we don't really need with my stepper crew and how it turns into too much but damn if I'm sad or feeling low a shirt or jeans, shoes, anything really makes me feel waaaay better so maybe I turned into a shopaholic as a replacement for being an alcoholic who knows,all I know is that shopping makes me way happier than drinking ever did- besides I'm stimulating the economy haha
                  Last edited by paulywogg; December 13, 2019, 06:17 PM.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Shopping makes me happier too Pauly although I shop way less than I used to.

I finished off most of my Christmas shopping today and bought a small stocking gift for myself. I will give it to my hubby to put in my stocking- he needs help with these things so its all good.

Ava, I hope your mom is ok. Its so hard when they get old.

Ken, your son sounds like one cool kid. My son has his own style too and he dresses pretty cool.

Its Friday and I am looking forward to a Sober night. I drank my face off for so many years and Friday was always a big drinking night for me. I am so glad to be free of that and to know I will wake up Hangover Free aka UN Hung
                    tomorrow. Oh yeah!

Have a great night everyone and don't drink, its gross.
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Did some holiday decorating today, just mixed up a batch of dairy free chocolate chip cookie dough & that’s about all I managed so far today, haha!
                      My granddaughter is also dairy intolerant so now I’m not the only one in the family. She’s lucky in that she found out early in her life, of course I found out later & the hard way. I like to have special things that the two of us can enjoy together

Everyone is sounding good & that makes me happy. We all have too much to do to entertain thoughts of AL, we know better now :hug:
                      Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning nesters, Narilly yep I always buy myself something when I'm out shopping for others I'm so bad! The worst is I had some slippers for one of my daughters all wrapped,I had wanted a pair but they didn't have any more of that size so I unwrapped hers and wore them! I did buy her a replacement pair but a different style haha, BTW I've missed "unhung" in your postsLav,I'm starting to think that eggs give me issues now,seems everytime I eat them my stomach acts like a jerk all day so I'm not eating them for a bit and yes dairy is an issue but I loooooove cheese! Kell is also realizing she can't do dairy either wishes for a happy and healthy AF day for us all!

Comment

Hi, all:

Well, I can't stand shopping! Mostly I think it is my body image and feelings about myself, but I also just don't like shopping. I have to try on 100 things before I find one I like - it gets to my perfectionism as well. I don't have enough clothes, probably, as I buy them so infrequently. Maybe this convo will get me going to find a new consignment shop I like. I think I'll wait until after Christmas... Still need to buy a lot of presents and my cousin is visiting this weekend.

I really am having a sugar problem - it is in the all or nothing category for me rn (sound familiar??) Everyone has it at work and once I have one piece I think "well, I've blown it now, might as well keep going," and I keep going. I will tame it for sure, just not sure when...

Happy SOBER Saturday. I hope to stay out of the shops and on the hiking trails - fingers crossed.

x
                          Pav

Comment

Good sunday morning all from the beach pad somewhere in the big land downunder.

First things first - Does my bum look big in this? No? I didn't think so. I like consignment/2nd hand clothing stores too. Recycling is cool. I've picked up many very cool 'dress' shirts for work or gigs for $3-5 that would probably go for $50-100 + new.

Mood follows action. When i move, shake mo ass, change my environment, my mood changes too. That's why i lace up the running shoes regularly. I learnt this simple equation years ago. It's a free, handy, drug free go to strategy.

Working today, gig tonight. 2 things i love to do in one day. i like/love my job and of course love strumming my geetar for folk near and not so far.

Have a great weekend and think positive. Big waves to evabody.

Just do your best friends.

Big late edit: Happy birthday LC!! :spin::bellydance::sendflowers:
                            Last edited by Guitarista; December 15, 2019, 12:31 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Pauly, thank you for the compliment that I don’t look my age. I tell you, it’s weird when I’m putting on my eyeliner and have to hold my eyelid still cause it’s so wiggly. It’s tricky because to hold the lid, I have to position my fingers a certain way and they don’t bend the way the used to. All this while trying to see in an 8X magnifying mirror! Bah! Getting old isn’t for sissies!

G, I just love reading your posts. It makes me realize that getting joy out of life is what it’s all about. I can’t wait to quit this job, I’m going to give them an earful when I leave, too. It looks like the deal I’m working on will keep me here until the end of February. I’m hoping to be done before all the trade shows start in March. Loving one’s job sounds so foreign to me at the moment. I’m so glad you are in a good place!

I just made tiny fruitcakes. I hope they come out if the pan ok (without breaking). I will post a pic if they are presentable!
                              Dairy bothers me, too. Lots of us around, it sounds like.
                              Enjoying a lazy Sattidy. So glad to NOT be thinking of Booze! Byrdie
                              E0E27890-F204-4F56-B3E3-6AD32309F25B.jpg
                              Last edited by Byrdlady; December 14, 2019, 06:55 PM.
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Damp & warmish here today with lots of fog, weird! Now they are talking about snow in a few days, haha. You never know what to expect next

We took a ride to a nearby Amish greenhouse today & bought some greenery to take to our relative’s cemeteries in the next few days. I used to make all kinds of things to take but I decided to give my poor hands a rest. Besides these folks make beautiful arrangements & sell them cheap & we like to give them some business. We all win!!!!

Byrdie, some day you have to venture into dairy free baking - easy once you get used to the appropriate substitutions & honestly, no one knows the difference. Fruit cake sounds good, may put some on my list.

Pauly, I really think we all end up with a few food intolerances sooner or later. The dairy farmers around here are very unhappy but what can you do??

G, I hope your weekend is tons of AF fun

Pav, the 30 years I worked in hospitals there always seemed to be a box of chocolate sitting around. Usually it was a gift from a patient who was going home. I learned early on to stay the hell away from it or else, ugh. I’m another who can’t eat just one haha!!

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X