Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

morning nesters

Welcome back 3B, settle in and be accountable.

Well its finally xmas eve, my mum and son have just turned up and my other son was in the process of washing the floors. now thats going to be difficult with an extra two dogs and two people. still lots to do. feeling a tad sad, this is my first xmas without my maddison, she loved prawns so much at xmas time, it was also 9 months since i had to put her to sleep yesterday. So i do have a first this xmas.

Everyone is sounding good. I have not received any wine, everyone knows i dont drink. Mum did buy me two bottles of non al wine, not sure about that though. chocolate is a big problem though as people resort to that. I have 11 people coming tomorrow, kind of dreading it but hopeful that we will have a great day. i have lots of escape plans in the works as i do today also. I know if my mum suggests going to the shops there may be a death in the family. ha ha. And guess what she just suggested................... i said no, i have boundaries now and thats a good thing. My son has taken her to drop her off and i will pick her up.

Better go and get organised.

Where are you Belle.

Take care xx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Was just thinking about Belle this morning too Ava
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

3BoW - glad you're back. Strap yourself in and let's get this quit going for you!

Kensho - that is awesome of your mom and I'm glad you have such a staunch supporter. Enjoy your week or so off!

Nursie & Byrdie - I'm bummed when people gift me wine or other al as well, although great job with the regifting Nursie! Won't it be funny if that same bottle gets gifted into a circle back to the original giver? I had a grateful student send me a whole wine basket thing one time, and I wished so hard she had just sent me a gift card of virtually *any* kind. I doled out the various items in the basket as mini gifts to multiple people though, so at least there's that. Maybe someplace would offer you store credit for the wine preserver Byrdie? Or is it only sold online?

Ava - hope your xmas gathering goes/went smoothly and that things aren't too rough for you with missing Maddie. Definitely the type of "first" that is hard on the heart :hug:

Belle - ditto - where are you and how are you doing???

It's xmas eve day here and I've got two classes this morning then I'll be done for about 48 hours. I actually don't mind not having much time off over this holiday - it's a hard holiday for me (used to be a favorite of my mom's and I miss her terribly) so I'd really rather have the time off on different days when I can go hike or snowshoe or bike etc. We've got a 3-night escape to a little mountain cabin planned for mid-January and that will be more like my winter holiday break.

Hellos, waves, and happy/merry/joyful hanukkah/xmas/kwanza/solstice+2/festivus to everyone! So grateful for all of you :heartbeat:
        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

A holiday dinner with good friends last night - out until 11:30 (LATE for me!) and no hangover this morning. AND a lot of fun.

I am just checking in on my way to get some stuff done. Wags and Ava, sorry for your losses that make this holiday hard. I miss my dad during this time for sure.

Belle - we're thinking about you. And how are you, 3BOW?? We won't bite...

Hope you all have a happy happy and a merry merry, whatever you celebrate!

xo
          Pav

Comment

Hello everyone!
            I am just preparing Christmas dinner for tomorrow and am looking forward to Chinese a food Tonight for our Christmas Eve dinner.

Yeah 11:30 is So late now Pav, it is nice to wake up and not have a hangover after a party. I used to be the last to leave because I didn’t want to stop drinking, and the hangovers were brutal. Thank goodness that is behind us!

Sober Christmas for us all!

Don’t drink today, please check in Belle and 3Bow.
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Morning nesters

Merry Christmas to the aussies on this lovely site and happy Christmas eve to everyone else. A nice cool morning at 6.30am. The house is still quiet and the crowds arrive at middayish which will give me time to reclean the house. Very disappointed in my son and him being drunk yesterday but its not me so i am grateful for that.

Pauly it is a sad time of year thinking of the ones who wont be with us especially our furry ones!

Carl wishes you all a merry christmas although he is not impressed with his santa hat. He really has no idea about personal space bless him.

IMG20191225062640.jpg
              IMG20191224185913.jpg

Take care xx
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Merry Christmas, everyone!
                Im eating myself silly! I will have to reign this in come first of the year.
                Glad I am making a resolution for food instead of drink! Hoping everyone has a wonderful Christmas! Stay strong, all! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hola evabody!

Merry christmas and merry happy everything to y'all.

3B's. Yes, self sabotage! That's exactly how i lived for a couple of decades at least. Ripping myself off and not seeing anything near my true potential. Now i'm booze free, the difference is 100%. i am living and actually doing something rather than dreaming it and not taking action. Living in the moment is a huge advantage and i think a life changer and life saver. Take back your precious life mi amiga.

Ava, double trouble right there in your photo with Carl! lol

Lunch with family today. Lucky i have a family. i remain grateful for life and my decision to turn mine around.

Lot's of love to all. x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Merry Christmas eve Nesters,

Hope you had a great Christmas Ava & G

My daughter, granddaughter & SIL just left. We had a nice time, good food & everyone was happy.
                    Tomorrow afternoon my son, grandsons & DIL will be here & I get to do it all again.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest & a very Merry Christmas! I remain grateful & I hope you all do as well

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Christmas everyone. Just read back and feeling thankful for you all as I turn out the light. :heartbeat:
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Merry Christmas nesters! Ava,cute pics last night I felt terrible cuz I caught a cold and just couldn't partake in our usual Christmas Eve stuff we do, it's the closest I've really come to wanting to drink, colds and sickness is a huge trigger for me as it is and in my head I just felt like a beer would pep me up, luckily I remembered that yeah it might for a bit but then what? A bunch of bullshit to follow, I'm gonna take Byrdies lead and eat my way through the day (if I feel like eating today, didn't much yesterday) I'll be fine, have a fabulous day all and yea don't drink-its gross
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Merry Christmas, all!
                            G man, your post fills my heart. It’s hard to believe that making that ONE change can make such a difference in all other areas of our lives.
                            I am so grateful for my sobriety and the nesters who gave me the tools to achieve AND maintain it. Love to all! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

Lav - have a great round 2 with your grandsons

Pauly - hope you feel better fast, and a drink definitely won't do anything it tries to promise you - that's just the trickster al voice. Eat away if you feel like it - maybe have a soothing hot drink to clear up whatever is congested with your cold?

Pav - I'm impressed with your staying out until 11:30. That would be late for me too, but so sweet to wake up after a "late" night with absolutely no hangover and no regrets. The best gift of all I'd say!

Ava - great pics, thanks for sharing. I agree with G-man though - looks like double trouble in the second one

Our xmas will be fairly quiet - just me, my wife, my dad (who lives in our basement anyway) and my brother visiting from out of town (who is crazy intelligent but probably what people now would call "on the spectrum" (autism) so while he's very nice and all, he's a lot of work to have around socially and not much help. I'll be glad when the holiday is over to be honest. I miss my mom. No classes for me today though (ha!) so there's that.

Have wonderful days everyone!
                              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

x-post Byrdie - merry christmas!!!
                                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                                X