Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hello everyone, so glad there is a bit of rain in Australia. Yes, so nice of the celebrities donating a shwack of money. Hopefully it is used properly. I know this is a problem sometimes with donated money. So nice you are donating the joey pouches Lav, I am sure they will be used well.

Julia, keep it up, you are doing well.

3Bow, how are you doing?

Yeah, along with all of you I am eating healthy. Lucky you Pauly that you did not gain weight. I am at that age now that it takes Waaay longer to get rid of the weight than it used to. ugh

Have a good one and don't drink today.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Thanks available. Yes, keep me on the ground.

I have euforic moments, which may (partly) be another expression of my system going haywire. I realize that the first period can be like that, it's all new, i'm amazed that I’m suddenly surviving my craving, that i'm sober for 6 days without taking meds, or entering a hardcore meditation retreat. But life has to be lived, it might just be that the true challenge is yet to come.

I feel my senses are calming down a bit. A little less agitated and hyper.
      The day was tough. I’m way more sensitive and open to impressions. Which is a good thing, but my usual schedule is now a bit overwhelming. Have to mind myself more tomorrow, stay grounded, support myself.

Off to bed now. Have a good night you all, and/or a good day!
      Last edited by julia1970; January 7, 2020, 05:58 PM.
      AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Julia, I think you have conquered the hardest part, DAY 1! It IS a mind game, but if you got through yesterday, you can get through today! Now just rinse and repeat! As with any journey, many times the hardest part is getting started. Keep up the great work!

Yes, tomorrow is the big day. I hope it doesn’t get delayed again. Win, lose or draw, I’m ready for this to be done. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and positive vibes!
        Hope everyone has an easy evening. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Getting that promised snow now but it won’t amount to much ~ or so they say

Byrdie, keeping my fingers crossed for you tomorrow!

Julia, you’re doing great. Now’s a good time to practice centering yourself with 3 long, slow deep breaths. Worked like a miracle for me.

Hi to Narilly, wags, Pav, Ava & everyone checking in today. I think we’re missing a few folks?

Back to my sewing room, having fun
          Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ava - glad the fires have eased a bit, and I really hope they don't flare up again with the coming heat. Poor Carl - he'll be happy when the groomer can fit him in!

Byrdie - ok friend, tomorrow is the big day and you deserve all good outcomes. We'll be here in the nest waiting for your news with our wings crossed for luck!

Lav - I'm not super crafty myself but I donated materials to some friends who are and they are making joey pouches and a couple of other items that have been in high need for the animals in Australia as well. We can all do something, even if we don't have USD$500K to donate like P!nk (but I'm so glad she and the others did!).

Julia - keep on keepin' on. You're doing great. Yes, the challenges might be ahead but let's face it - we all will have challenges ahead and you're smart to be heading into them (whenever they arise) sober. You've got this!

NS - enjoy your family vacation!

Hellos and waves to Pav, Nar, LC, Gman, Pauly, and everyone else stopping by the nest today or tonight.
            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for the welcome and all the advice.

Haven’t been on here much, as I wanted to make the most of the last few days of the school holidays with my 3 kids before they went back on Monday.

So to update, all is going to plan so far. I gradually reduced my alcohol intake towards the end of last week in preparation for this week. Had none on Thursday and gradually tapered down having my last drink Sunday night but didn’t over do it as last thing I wanted was to start the week with a hangover.

So far so good I’m just taking each day as it comes and not overthinking it. I’m having to have early nights so that I’m not hanging around the kitchen... The result is I’m getting a great nights sleep. I joined the gym on Monday and am back to exercising and trying to get back into road running in the evenings which I had been doing up until the last few months, as it’s great for my head. So far no horrible withdrawals or anything, but I appreciate it’s only day 3 and there are harder times to come. This is the first time I’ve made such a conscious decision to quit alcohol, and I feel my head is in a good place to break the dependency. My problem was fooling myself into thinking I was functioning normally with alcohol, but I know I wasn’t fully present for my children as much as I can be. No matter what I thought it does take from my time. This is a good week for me to start as my children are back to school, homework, sports activities so there is plenty to occupy my time; as well as focusing on my own physical health through exercise.

Julia very well done on each day, you’re doing brilliantly, I’m following you with great interest.

I put on a few excess pounds over Christmas like a few if you on here. We’ll lose it all in time especially when we all get back to normal routines with work, regular exercise, normal eating etc. I’m hoping the lack of alcohol should help me too.

Anyway I’ll keep you updated and thank you everyone for your support. I’ll get to know all of your names after a while! ��
              Last edited by Dublin Girl; January 8, 2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Morning nesters, Dublin girl, awesome job on 3 days I doubt you'll get much withdrawal if you haven't by now, for me I always felt like I was gonna die in day 1,could walk around a bit on day 2(and sometimes had to go to work dizzy and still nauseous) day3 felt ok-ish day 4 I would be anxious a bit, then it would be smooth sailing from then(mostly smooth) sounds like you haven't had any of that so that's great! Keep it up Byrdie, hope all goes good, Lav, I love the pouches, my neighbor used to have a mini kangaroo as a pet, it was cute but I can't believe how strong it was:egad: so much I wanted to comment on but when I go to post I forget most of it, grrrr, waves to the gang and have a Fab day!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning nesters, Dublin girl, awesome job on 3 days I doubt you'll get much withdrawal if you haven't by now, for me I always felt like I was gonna die in day 1,could walk around a bit on day 2(and sometimes had to go to work dizzy and still nauseous) day3 felt ok-ish day 4 I would be anxious a bit, then it would be smooth sailing from then(mostly smooth) sounds like you haven't had any of that so that's great! Keep it up Byrdie, hope all goes good, Lav, I love the pouches, my neighbor used to have a mini kangaroo as a pet, it was cute but I can't believe how strong it was
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Morning, Nest!

Byrdie - all limbs, digits and everything crossed for a good outcome today. I know it is out of your hands which makes it all the more stressful. Good luck!

Dublin - glad it all worked out according to plan, and CONGRATULATIONS on day 3. One thing that Ava alluded to - don't make yourself TOO busy - remember to focus on you and taking care of you. In this early time that can be saying no to social engagements, sticking your head into a sober blog when necessary, taking a bath, whatever you need to get through the day.

Julia - if you Google Pink Cloud Effect you'll see that euphoria described. It is when that ends that many people relapse. I remember thinking at around 90 days, "Really? Is this it?" I was bored, ashamed, and very down. Good think I had a solid foundation here, though, because people were able to coach me through and reassure me that it would get better - and it did. You sound great, too.

I am overwhelmed by the amount of money the US raised for Australia. Not to take away from the tragedy but on Jan 7 and Puerto Rico suffered a major earthquake and most of the island, still recovering from the hurricane, is without power. We BARELY heard about that here. I just wish celebrities would share the wealth at other times also. I'm so glad it is raining and better, and I know Australia is up for a very hard recovery. Glad you're safe, Ava.

Nar, yes! It takes so much more to lose any weight these days, and no matter what my weight is, my waist is just thicker... I might have to shift into acceptance mode at some point.

Hiya, everyone else. LC, hope all is well. You, too, Belle and Kensho.

Happy SOBER Hump Day!
                    Pav

Comment

You have to be at your strongest when you’re feeling at your weakest.
                      What a great quote from Dill. This was posted in Cattleman's Cafe and is so true.

So the Airplane that crashed over Iran had 63 Canadians in it and over 30 from our province. It is so freakin sad I have no words for it.

Grateful to be Un Hung today.
                      I walked my mom to the eye doctor and now will walk her back. It is super icy here so my mom cannot walk to the clinic on her own. It can be pretty dangerous for seniors when it gets icy out. I was thinking when I was walking with her that is so nice to be feeling good and that no matter what is going on in the world I am SOBER. Yay!

Hoping to lose a pound this WEEK- yes Week. I cannot lose a pound in a day anymore, it takes at least a whole week so I am hoping to get to an 'ok' weight by the end of the month. What a pain! Pav, don't give up, we can do this.

Julia, Dublin, you are both doing great. Keep up the good work.

Don't drink today xo
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

yep, this is 1 week.

very tired, but had a better day. more grounded & balanced, i took care of myself better amidst the busy scedule.
                        i'm actually a bit worried about my weight loss. i already lost a lot over the last months, losing my appetite when drinking and smoking pot. and now i'm not drinking i'm losing weight again. i think tapering down the anti-depressants also makes me lose weight. i'm seeing too much bone.
                        once when i quit using refusal/antabuse i lost so much weight people thought i had a serious case of anorexia, i was skin and bones (at one time some asshole in the street called me an aids patient, and i've been called other names too. how mean can people be huh). it was like my body was pushing off body fat. don't want to go there again. i started taking protein shakes, i hope that helps...
                        could we do an international lipotransfusion? just donate the weight you want to lose to me.

happu to hear from you Dublin!! hurray for you!! 3 days!!!
                        AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Julia, on behalf of the whole nest, may we bestow upon you, our greatest honor....The Full Moon :butt: Yes, you'll get no cracks from us, that first week is the hardest and now it's BEHIND you! Well done on getting that first week in the REAR view! Keep up the great work!
                          Dublin, 3 days is outstanding! All the AL is out of your body now and you are operating under your own power! Keep on trucking! GREAT JOB!

My call went WELL! There was give and take on both sides, we owe them some information, which we are supposed to have back to them by Monday. They said we are on the 1 yard line! Gosh, I hope this thing comes about! Thank you all for the good wishes. I had on my lucky shirt and everything! I am hoping that by next week at this time, I'll have the deal signed!

Hugs to all, I'm going to go celebrate with a hot bubble bath. Maybe I'll get some sleep tonight! THANK YOU for being such good friends! XOXOXO, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                            Julia, on behalf of the whole nest, may we bestow upon you, our greatest honor....The Full Moon :butt:
                            hahahahahaa!!!

thanks Byrdlady!!
                            and congratulations on your call!
                            Last edited by julia1970; January 8, 2020, 06:26 PM.
                            AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Really chilly here tonight, below freezing. But Saturday is predicted to be 66 degrees. Is this winter or not? Haha!!

Dublin girl, glad you stopped in & I’m glad to hear you are doing well!

Julia, for some people gaining weight is just as difficult as it is for the rest of us to lose weight. The protein shakes sound like a good idea.
                              Congrats on your 1 week AF!!!

Byrdie, thank goodness your call went well. We are all pulling for you

Wags, I thought just maybe after Pink made her huge donation that others would follow
                              Celebrities can & do make a big difference in things like this.

Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!
                              Time to get sewing

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Quick fly by for me. 25 days! Finally, after those two slips, I have gotten my time back plus a few days!! Feeling great about that.
                                Some unknown feelings of sadness today, not sure why. But I just felt them and let them be. I felt like something was wrong, or that I did something wrong. But I didn’t! So conflicting, these emotions!
                                Off to read my book. I have read three books in the last week and am well into the 4th in this series. It’s about a FBI profiler who is being chased by a serial killer. Can’t stop reading it lol.
                                Hope everyone is comfy in the nest tonight!
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X