Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good come back - I was beginning to wonder there. You get to talk to me and then you feel stupid?!?!!?:upset:
    Glad you cleared that one up.:H:H:H
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

i'm on a mission to get to Cali.. Never been, but hey why not...cross country????

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Please give me a break...

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Got side tracked. A motorbike frog is a frog (obviously) that sounds like a motorbike changing gears and accelerating. They are so cute. When my son was young we had a tape with all sorts of different frog noises on and he would love to play it while we were in the car. So we would be driving down the street with frogs chirping away..... Strange what you remember when the fog clears!
          Hi Tant. Glad you are back and in one piece. Well done for getting thru such a huge event sober. x
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone, like a zoo in this place last night?!
            Glad you're back Tant, You've been through a difficult time and you have been very strong - well done.
            Fennel I was climbing Howth Head yesterday - the rhodedendroms are out and they are absolutely magnificent - it was a beautiful evening and we went for a lovely meal afterwards and all in all had a lovely night.
            Morning Hipster!
            Hey to everyone else, going shopping with bored daughter so will check in later
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

judangel;868564 wrote: Yes..........I have been LURKING! for..........a month....
              Couldn't bring myself to log....I took my first sip at the tender age of fourteen..........guess I was hooked from there. At the age of thirty five...I held it down to a bottle of wine on the weekend....fast forward............now I'm 56.............It's a bottle.....almost every night...on the nights that I "abstain". ... I struggle from 5 till 7. If i can make it past the magic hours.............I'm fine. Any hoo.........I'm tired and fed up. I want to greatly reduce. I would appreciate info on meds that would decrease the cravings for wine .......with few se........This website is a GodSend!
              Welcome! Hope to see you around on all our favorite threads! :welcome:
              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

tantangra;868665 wrote: Thank you all for your kind words re my Dad. The funeral was on Tues in Brisbane and all four children made a speech. I was so glad to see so many people there and all had a good word to say about Dad. We will miss him but I know he is in a good place now. Good news is that I didn't succum to the tempation. I had my tonic water even afterwards at the wake when many were imbibing. I felt powerful and in control for the first time in my life in a very emotional situation.
                I have'nt had a chance to catch up on all the news of the nest yet but will spend some serious time at the computer on the weekend. Take care everyone I need you all.

Love Tant:thanks:
                I am very sorry for your loss. How very strong you were to stay AF in such a circumstance. My hat is off to you (well, if I HAD a hat - it would be off!!) :h
                Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guyz. Just wanted to stick my head in here. The thread is far too busy for me today to keep up with what you're all up to. But hoping you all have a great day!!
                  AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all!!!! Hey - Johnny I like that pic better than the pig. But the poor little weenie had his head cut off......:H
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;869105 wrote: Morning all!!!! Hey - Johnny I like that pic better than the pig. But the poor little weenie had his head cut off......:H
                      Johnny!!!! Always consistent with the pork theme!
                      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;869120 wrote: Johnny!!!! Always consistent with the pork theme!
                        :H:H:H:H:H:H
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Definitely better than the pig!
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

lol. yeah. I didn't want to confuse anyone. So thought I'd stick to a theme.

Eat or be eaten. the theme of my new Avatar
                            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Next Avatar will be the Pig mask from SAW. you know the movie?! hehehe...
                              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

ok. that was a bit big...
                                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X