Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

argh... sausages and technique don't go together...
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

How do you upload a picture properly?!
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Any newbies in the States facing the long Memorial Weekend with the beer soaked picnics, beach outings, and an extra day of free time on your hands? If so, what's your plan?

I'm stocking up on alternate bevs (really like soda water and juice combos right now), trying to set up lots of family outings, and will have my L-Glut emergency dose close at hand. I've also let anyone close to me know I'm serious about an AF weekend and I look forward to doing things I wouldn't have done drunk. Here's hoping...
        "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten"
        AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

SoFlo1;869157 wrote: Any newbies in the States facing the long Memorial Weekend with the beer soaked picnics, beach outings, and an extra day of free time on your hands? If so, what's your plan?
          I think Mama Bear and OverIt will agree with me that it isn't easy in this Florida climate! I'm going to concentrate on not have too much unplanned down time, eating really well and making sure there are plenty of other liquid options available. I am even thinking of buying some non-alc beer just in case I get into a pinch!

Good luck!
          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Come on Florida chickies......we can do it
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi I'm not in Florida but I have the same dilemma this weekend, we have a 2 day festival here in Saddleworth, UK and its drink drink drink I really wish my plan had been to go on holiday
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey folks - I got it covered this time. Watching my nieces & nephew. And I'm working all 3 days. That's one way to keep out of trouble. I know I won't drink when the kids are there.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;869482 wrote: Hey folks - I got it covered this time. Watching my nieces & nephew. And I'm working all 3 days. That's one way to keep out of trouble. I know I won't drink when the kids are there.
                  Good job on outfoxing yourself!
                  Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have an idea. Let's not think in terms of a three day holiday weekend. Let's just think about it each day, one at a time. Then we don't have to stress about how to get over the whole thing! Just one day, each by each.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good idea! I will be with my husband and in-laws, who don't drink very much. Then, my mother-in-law is coming over to help me with chores, etc for a couple of days next week, and my husband will be on a business trip. She is very helpful but sort of controlling, so I know it will be stressful. A high risk day for me will probably be next Thursday after everybody goes home! Maybe I can find a drop-in yoga class or something to look forward to that's relaxing in a healthy way.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nestlings! Wow, I'm beat! The realtor person had me out all day today...found some really promising properties, though. I'll be back on after dinner.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;869482 wrote: Hey folks - I got it covered this time. Watching my nieces & nephew. And I'm working all 3 days. That's one way to keep out of trouble. I know I won't drink when the kids are there.
                          Good for you...I hope you take your geritol! (remember geritol?) :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Im new here today! Not sure what Im doing really. Its my first day AF (this time!)
                            :lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Spinning.

It's so great to have you here!!! That's fantastic. The best decision you ever made. Don't worry. Had made that decision plenty of times before myself. But that doesn't matter. Now is what matters.
                              Tell us a bit about yourself please!!!

This forum is great. Great people, great resources. just fantastic. It really, really does help.
                              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi
                                Ive been reading lots on here for about 6 weeks and had 5 weeks AF under my belt then started again. I know I can do it. Ive got to this time. Just feel a bit tired today and emotional ! I think I just need a bit of support as cant really talk to anyone apart from my husband. Im 36 and would say Im a binge drinker and I hate it. I black out and its like Im a different person I feel so guilty and ashamed. But positve at the same time that this is my time to stop for good.
                                :lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X