Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Greetings, Nesters,

Might be a little bit early, but CONGRATULATIONS to Lavande on 11 years' sobriety! :welldone::heartbeat:

As Pavati said, we are all better off because you quit when you did, Lavande. Can't help but think it's like a positive contagion, and the more of us who advocate for sobriety, the better! May the message spread far and wide.

Have an extra special day Lavande, full of the delights in the details.

And in the spirit of positive contagion, wishing the same for everyone else, too!

peace,
    Steady

edited to correct spelling
    Last edited by STEADFAST; March 26, 2020, 06:15 PM.
    AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Just checking in. Everyone sounds good, as good as can be expected anyway.
      Ava, my mom would have done the exact same thing as your mom. Today I bought my mom groceries and she actually did not come out and try and get close to me which was good. Poor momma.

Julia, WE do make this community, keep coming back it really helps.

Way to go Lav, 11 years!!! yippee!!!

Don't drink today, its gross.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Lav, heartfelt congratulations on your 11 years. :hyper: If there were ever a version of ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ for you, you can bet there would be at least 1 person who would not be in the same place were it not for you. That person is me. Thank you for never leaving our sides. Your daily presence is such a comfort. Thank you for being our North Star and our #1 Nest Mom. We appreciate, love and respect you. THANK YOU. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Afternoon nesters

Happy 11th birthday to you. I hope you have a wonderful day, you are a wonderful person on MWO and my life is also better because of you.

I had the biggest dummy spit with work today, they have moved my computer, my phone, my work (i think) and i have no idea where it is. No information was passed on that this was going to happen and today i was trying to log in remotely to my computer and its turned off and it needs to be on. No phone calls as someone has taken off my call divert. I told my boss that i give up, when i am consulted on anything then i will participate as a team member. I am not going to get my stress levels higher than what they are because of incompetency. apparently my "stuff" is with my old office manager who used to bully me. there is no way i am going to communicate with him and i do not want my work left with him. Sorry about the bitch but i am done for today.

Deep breathes and i need to go and smell the roses this afternoon with carl. He had his vaccinations yesterday and that was bizarre going to the vets. we parked in the car park, called them to say we were there, then my vet called me and asked what was the matter, then she came out as she wanted to see me (sad we could not hug) and then she took carl in for his needles and bought him out. then i went in and paid at reception. It just all seems surreal. Vets are not classified as an essential service as yet and i hope they do get approval. My vet was also telling me that hospitals have been contacting them asking if they had any spare resuscitation equipment. That is scary.

Pauly, i am so sad about your situation atm, sending you hugs and i hope you keep strong and safe.

Time for a nap, i can feel one coming on. take care everyone xxx
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Lav - Huge Congratulations on 11 years (plus one day by the time you see this)! Well, in addition to Byrdie I will add myself to the list of people who wouldn't be where I am now without you, and I'm deeply grateful for your presence here in the nest. I won't try to list everyone, but I bet there are hundreds of people whose lives you've helped change for the better. Take a moment and really hear that -- what a legacy you're creating just by showing up and being genuine. :heartbeat:

Ava - aarghhhh!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the stupid stuff with your work. Good for you for standing up for yourself and drawing a clear boundary about not engaging with that former office manager. I hope everything is found and brought back to you (not that you have to find it). Was this part of re-arranging the facility in anticipation of COVID-19 patients?

Pauly - you're in the U.S. right? Will the financial aspects of the "stimulus" package help you out enough to make a difference? I heard the unemployment benefit enhancements in particular sound better than expected. We'll have to see whether it passes, but I'm hoping for your sake and so many others (mine too!) that folks who have either lost work all together or whose work has decreased due to the pandemic will get some real support for a change. Hugs to you.

Things are buzzing along here. I had a fantastic first class with my new student yesterday and I'm really excited to work with him. He has a lot of potential to score very high on this test, which will challenge me to really bring my A-game when we meet (I always do, but his needs will challenge me to be even better). Now if I could just get about 6 more motivated and inspiring students... (*puts ideas out into the universe*).

Hellos and waves to everyone. Happy Friday!
            Last edited by wagmor; March 29, 2020, 11:01 PM.
            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

Congratulations on 11 years, Lav! I think that Wags put it eloquently - "what a legacy you're creating just by showing up and being genuine." My life is better because you're in it. I appreciate your steadfast, no-nonsense wisdom, and the love you have for your family (especially grandkids!) I hope you have a big, quarantined celebration! xo

Ava - what? That sounds so weird that they would do that like that. I hope you get it straightened out without having to interact with your nemesis! What a sweet vet! I'm curious about the air fryer! What do you make with it?

Wags - glad you like your new student. Surely people are planning for the tests to come back, right? I would think now would be a good time to take your class as there is more time to study??

Pauly - will you get some relief? I hope so. How are you doing? How's the rest of your family??

Nar - My mom was stubborn, too. I think we've finally convinced her just to stay home. She goes out on solo walks and is actually walking further than ever, so that's good.

I am having trouble finding a way to balance work at home or at the office. Both are hard in their own way. I am very lucky to have a job still, so I certainly acknowledge that. Frankly, too much job at the moment...

Happy FRIDAY! everyone. Good thing the trains are all stopped. There will be no sales of tickets to Boozeville today.

Pav

Comment

Hello everyone, I bought groceries today which should last for 2 weeks. I brought everything home and wiped it down with bleach and washed the veggies and fruit in soap and water. Then went around and wiped everything off with bleach and water washing my hands in between. What a lot of work!

Ava, that sounds nuts at work. I’m not sure what they are doing, geez. I have an air fryer too. It is just like a convection oven but smaller and easy to clean. I air fry broccoli with salt and olive oil, bacon, Brussel sprouts, pork, beef, it is delicious.

Wags, glad it’s going well with your new student.
                Pauly hope you are hanging in there, xo

Have a good one everybody.
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

big congrats and huge respect for you and your 11 years Lav!! i am thankful for your presence here too. and for all of you, as a matter of fact.

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                  You just need to want to be sober more than you want to drink.
                  i like that.

i think i snapped out of it. yesterday i did a nap on the couch, which ended way to early and kinda irritated as well because Rufo started barking, and then i (*pliiing*) realized i am here again. it's like something has opened, my senses, my pores. i feel like cuddling my dog again (in fact, very much so!) sigh of relief...!!
                  one more drop of ad's left, but i'm gonna wait a bit until i feel like it again. and keep on taking care of myself dammit. after this morning's breathing i was running around like a chicken without a head again.

i hope you are well dear people

edit: i just calculated that 23,50% of my 2020 has been without booze already. that's a funny thought.
                  Last edited by julia1970; March 27, 2020, 04:26 PM.
                  AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Greetings Nesters!

Nice enough for a long walk on my country road with my doggie. Not another living being in sight today
                    Thank you all for the congrats & well wishes, makes me feel great! I truly want what I have created for each & every one of you. Once you drop the AL you can create the life you really want & truly deserve!!

Julia, I love your math calculation, keep going

Hello to Narilly & Pav.

Wags, so glad the new student is a good one. THe universe is always listening so I hope your wish is answered.

Ava, if someone at work touched & moved all my stuff without notifying me I’d be pretty mad too. I hope it all gets straightened asap!

Byrdie, still my best nest assistant ever, haha!!!! I’m happy we both have survived thru thick & thin :hug:

Steady, I’ve been spreading Lavan-itude around here for a very long time, Lol. I’m glad you caught some too!

Hello to the rest of the nesters & wishing everyone a very safe night!

Lav
                    Last edited by Lavande; March 27, 2020, 05:48 PM.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Afternoon nesters, Julia you sound good take as long as you need with the a.d's they say slower the better when tapering, I'm doing deliveries for Postmates in the meantime, gets me out of the house but I hate traffic! Oh well do what I gotta do to try to keep the shred of sanity I have left, what a scary time to be alive damn, hope all are well
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening nesters

Pauly what is postmate? In todays climate i feel privileged to have a job. Sanity, is that the thing that keeps us from losing our shit, i lost that a week or so ago i think.

Lav, how is your daughter in laws dad going now? is he still in hospital or rehab?

G, i hope you werent at St Kilda beach yesterday bathing with all the other non brainers. I am sure you werent though. Its hard to believe people think that is alright but we cant fix stupid.

I did go into work today after calling to see if it was ok with the ward. It was just surreal being in a ward that was bustling and busy and now is just everyone going about their business, no banter, no laughs just getting the job done and hoping not to catch anything. I cleaned out my workspace and bought everything home. I will now leave it in the garage for a few days just in case. It was a bit sad to think i am homeless from a workplace and i may never go back there and the hospital will be changed forever. But as i said i am really grateful to be working.

I will go back in on Monday to take some things to my boss. She is situated in a different part of the hospital which is said to be safe as it does not have patients.

90815443_660637981369890_7796514631891025920_n.jpg

A happy snap of Carl and Bacardi (how apt), a dog we are looking after at the moment. They are the best of friends and carl loves biting her ears and lips and legs. I want to call her Saint Bacardi.

Take care xx
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ava, what a great pic Postmates is a delivery service and I've delivered food and auto parts so far, I'm terrible with directions tho even with GPS, I'm sure when I get used to it I'll be fine, damn if I didn't have such bad road rage, thank goodness the customers can't see me in my car cursing at other drivers to myself haha, hope all are well
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Good day to stay in side, rainy & chilly out there today so I missed nothing Lol
                            Baked up a loaf of spelt bread, yum. My husband was wanting beef stroganoff of all things so I figured a way to make it dairy free & it was pretty good. You can sub cashew cream for dairy cream in anything.

Pauly, glad you picked up some hours to be out & working. I’m not fond of city traffic either but I have a feeling you’ll make the best of the situation.

Ava, Saint Bacardi is adorable & I’m sure Carl feels special having his very own friend too
                            Th rehab discharged my DIL’s dad Thursday even though he still hasn’t been seen by an orthopedic surgeon about his fractured ankle. He wanted to go back to his own home in NJ so she took him. At some point his brother is going to come stay with him so she can get back home. Poor guy has lost a lot of weight over the past month. I hope he’s going to be OK.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All:

Lav, is he leaving because they are too busy with Coronavirus to tend to him? I am assuming he'll have to have surgery? I'm glad the family can be there with him. My biggest fear of this thing is that someone will end up in the hospital and no visitors allowed. That must be so scary and lonely in there...

Not much to report. I still have a dry cough which is just hanging around. I am assuming it is allergies although when I get tired I am sure it is Corona. I woke up this morning and thought to myself I'd try to sleep a bit more - I usually never can. Slept another three hours! I guess I needed it. But I've been tired all day as a result (you know how that goes). Trying to just "be" has been hard for me. I have worried a lot.

Pauly - road rage and delivery not necessarily a match made in heaven.

Hiya to everyone else. Hope you're safe and Healthy.

Pav

Comment

Hey all. Pauly, I just have rage, so no road necessary! I am glad not to be at my old job now, I hated it, but sure miss the paycheck. I’m in good company at the moment, half the world is out of work. Gosh I worry about how all this is going to play out. God help us. I’m not even sure how to pray for it. I remember praying for that big deal to come through, and it eventually did What I should have wished for was to get the commission from the deal. I’m trying to word my request properly so God doesn’t grant the wrong thing! Ha. Let it fizzle out...let us find a cure. Let us develop a vaccine. Let me and my loved ones not get it. I think I’ve covered all the bases.
                                Not much going on here. Sober, and thankful for that. Butt bumps, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X