Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hi peeps, just thought i would pop in with a word of warning about keeping focused. i had just under 3months sober and last week i blew it big time and got totally pickled. i had expected it to happen one day and i felt so awful physically and mentally. i was sure that was my test slip and was back to af. one week later, yesterday, i did it all again. i found out i didnt get a job i was hoping for and took that as an excuse to drink..... lots. after 3 months of doing so well and loving the sober life i messed up twice in just over a week. i think i had become complacent and lost my focus. i didnt really see this coming, so a word of warning to keep focus, however well you are doing
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nestlings..........Wish that I had time to sit & chat or peep.

Spuds - Big hugs!!!

Johnny - you said something in one of your posts that I am going to put in my journal .... as soon as I find it again. :H
      This isn't a race with a finish line. The race itself is the goal.
      I love that. I want to remember that.

Welcome Spinning. So glad to have you here!!! :welcome:

Coco - I'm worried about Runningwind. I'll let you know if I hear from her.

Fennel - are you still konked out from your long day yesterday??????? Here I'll serve you breakfast in bed.

Got to run folks. I will be back.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

spuddleduck;870096 wrote: hi peeps, just thought i would pop in with a word of warning about keeping focused. i had just under 3months sober and last week i blew it big time and got totally pickled. i had expected it to happen one day and i felt so awful physically and mentally. i was sure that was my test slip and was back to af. one week later, yesterday, i did it all again. i found out i didnt get a job i was hoping for and took that as an excuse to drink..... lots. after 3 months of doing so well and loving the sober life i messed up twice in just over a week. i think i had become complacent and lost my focus. i didnt really see this coming, so a word of warning to keep focus, however well you are doing
        Right back up in the saddle, Spuds. Three months is FANTASTIC and you can do it again!
        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

spuddleduck;870096 wrote: hi peeps, just thought i would pop in with a word of warning about keeping focused. i had just under 3months sober and last week i blew it big time and got totally pickled. i had expected it to happen one day and i felt so awful physically and mentally. i was sure that was my test slip and was back to af. one week later, yesterday, i did it all again. i found out i didnt get a job i was hoping for and took that as an excuse to drink..... lots. after 3 months of doing so well and loving the sober life i messed up twice in just over a week. i think i had become complacent and lost my focus. i didnt really see this coming, so a word of warning to keep focus, however well you are doing
          hi spuds. good you are still here and acknowledging how fast your work could be undone. what do you plan to do to stay safe honey? (other than velcro your ass down here of course!)

come on, we can do this!!!
          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spuds...you did it before and can do it again........
            I have talked to Runningwind and she is FINE.......she is just not sure what to say here and is still thinking about it..........I talked to her for over an hour the other night
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey goyz. Am siked for an evening on MWO. Wifey got a friend over so won't get the light of day from her anywayz

Nora, the challenge is at times that when you fall you want to give up. Because you think, well now you not going to make it to the finish line anyways, well evereone else is doing better now, so what the heck. But if you rather see this as an indefinate race, where the winner is the person that keeps on the track, no matter how often he falls, then you can't lose. You just keep racing. And, every one can be a winner.

Anycase, enuff of that stuff.
              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all. Up and at it early and then the next thing I know it is 11. How did that happen?
                Glad to hear about those who are walking along the path.
                So empathetic to those who have had slips and are having struggles. I hold you in my thoughts that you will get back up and keep going. Those accumulations of AF days and weeks help us to realize what it could be like all the time if we so choose. But slips are nothing to be ashamed of. Just learn from them and get back up.
                Slipping J, welcome. I too have blackouts. I absolutely HATE them. Too often after social events, even ones where I have gone into the evening telling myself a thousand times -- don't get drunk -- the morning dawns and I can't remember going to bed. I always get a few comments from friends, my husband, my daughter and I try to laugh it off. But really I am so humiliated! It helps me to hear from others with the same experiences so I can keep remembering once I start to feel good again. Good luck on your journey. I know you will find this site to be immeasurable helpful because you can come here anytime day or night and find others in the same spot but still trying to get and stay sober. You can do it. Welcome.
                prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

I love this avatar Johnny!!!!!!!!!!!
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;870275 wrote: I love this avatar Johnny!!!!!!!!!!!
                    lol. I had to show Oney and Wanna what a real piece of behind lookd like :H
                    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks: prancy. Im feeling better just knowing that its not 'just me' .
                      :lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning urchins!

FENNEL! Is your connectivity issue contagious, by any chance??? :eekmonkey:
                        Been fighting technology all day yesterday (which isn't a great thing when 100% of your work is done online). Grrrumble.

I'm well.. critters are well -although, poor Atlas almost got put on the hit list last night. He licked Mr. Wonderful's truck (which was parked in the pasture since we were doing some stuff there) - and we had a mighty fine chuckle at that. Especially, since it was the horse-eating truck that he just could not walk past a couple nights ago (Ever felt 'played'?) Upon closer inspection, though, there were scratches on the hood of the truck... Uh-oh. You do NOT mess with Mr. Wonderful's vehicles. Ever. Deadly sin. But, so far, he lived. Atlas. Well, and Mr. Wonderful, too. So all is well, I suppose :H

Spuddle.. you are so right. I did the same thing last year. Focus IS imperative. Welcome to the nest, Spinning! Do grab a twig and settle in.

Nora, Coco, Fennel, MamaBear, JohhnyH, Tranq, Lav, Hipster ... and anyone I've missed: :hallo:

Better get back to work - gardens and horses are breaking the bank right now! :H
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Is this where I post. I've never used a forum before. Been a good alcoholic for thirty years though. Nothings worked yet so hopefully there's some new stuff here

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi sickn tired.

This is a good thread. otherwise you can just start your introductory thread as well.

Welcome friend. All in the same boat here mate. Some drinking more, some drinking less, some drinking for a couple of decades, some for a couple of years.

It's been a great journey since joining the board for me and I think the same for many of us. We support each other, learn from each other and laugh with each other.

Some good resources on here. REad, read, read, plott your plan and off you go onto your journey... Don't let it be daunting on you. One step at a time.

Glad to have you on board!!!
                            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sickntired and Welcome. Yes this is where you post and on any other thread you want to as well, everyone will welcome you. Like you I always was a 'good alcoholic'!! Great in fact! What is here is endless support and pretty much 24/7 someone to connect with and talk to. We are all in the same boat so good luck with the journey.
                              Hi Johnny and Sunny and Prancy and Spinning J and Nora and Fennel and Coco and all to come
                              Hey Hipster - how're things in your part of the world?
                              Talk again later
                              Molly
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

phew..well im glad today is over. its bed and crap telly day for me. got my head back in the right place and im determined to keep focused on my sobriety
                                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                                X