Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Spuds, good to hear you're back and in the right place!! Bed and crap tele - sounds ok to me, I've a pissed husband sitting beside me repeating himself 25 times I COULD SHOOT HIM AS WE SPEAK!!!!!!
    Well done on gettin back on the wagon, that's the trick!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Molly...why is hubs pissed
      Mama here...tired after a long day
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey folks.......Happy Weekend to all.
        Talked to Fennel. She STILL has computer problems. She'll be on when she can.

I'm having my nieces & nephew this weekend so I'll be on & off. Hope everyone has a wonderful time.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening, Nestlings!

Hot and busy day here - ready to hit the hay!
          Sounds like everyone is keeping their beaks above water - good to hear!

I'll probably be mostly outside this weekend - so be good everyone and have a fantastic weekend!
          :l
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy weekend Nora! And hope Fennel is back on soon! )

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi RC - I told her that she is missed and that she better call AT&T and tell them off. Techie is such a sweetie. He tried & tried to help her. Thanks Techie!!!!!!!:thanks:
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aren't we just a bunch of sweeties!? Dial up is slow and I have to watch my p's and q's. Hope your wknd with kiddies is going well!!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear, from the context I think Molly means "pissed" as in "having had a few too many." That is an expression in some of these here parts for being drunk. Am I right, Molly? It is funny because we have folks from so many countries the various words. I thought I would FALL OVER the first time actually said Crikey! I thought that was just from that guy that hunted crocodiles on the TV (or tele as some of you so charmingly put it). I love these words!
                  Finished up Day 10 and uh oh, a pint of ice cream!
                  prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

You funny Prancy. thanks! I wanted to comment on Molly's pissed partner too.......must be hard to deal with it..small not big dog barking her ass offff

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Crikey Prancy... we use that word all the time! Us Aussies have quite alot of unique words.

Spuddle- welcome back. I was only thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were getting on. Sorry to hear you let your guard down, but the main thing is you are back here and you know that with the help you will get here, it wont be long til you are back to three months and heading for four. Be gentle with yourself.

Hey Moll, must have been the night for keeping pissed husbands company, hey? Mine is incredibly hungover this morning.... :H:H:H:H Wont get any sympathy from me!

The humiliation I felt from black outs lasts for years and years. It wouldnt take me much to go into black out and to be told all the things that I said and did and not remember was simply horrible. Unless people have had one, they just dont understand how frightening it can be. I am so thankful that I never got hurt while in black out. I have put myself in such dangerous places, tried to get out of moving vehicles, taken meds that dont mix with AL, peed myself, woken up next to strangers, the list goes on. And after thirty years of drinking, that is quite some list.

BUT THAT IS ALL OVER NOW. NO MORE..... NO REGRETS..... NEVER AGAIN.

Take care and stay strong

HC
                      I finally got it!
                      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornings Nesters.

Jus popping in to say hi. Have a fab weekend
                        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All
                          Im new to this. HC Ive experienced all those things during my blackouts but not brave enough to say it out loud ! Its Day 2 for me today and luckily slept v well last night apart from the v bad dreams! Hope you all have a good weekend
                          :lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

hope your all having a good weekend.

Spinning well done on day 2 AF, sometimes its good say it out loud it cements why we should continue stay sober

Spuds great your back, see you soon luv from ur stalker

Molly well done for not hitting husband over the head with the bottle, think I would have done :H

Johnny good luck with the photo shoot, hope you post the pics

Take care everyone stay strong :l
                            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

SpinningJ. It has taken me a long time to admit those things to anyone. But I am putting those days in the past where they belong. Occassionally I have to remind myself why I have given up drinking. I dont EVER want to go back there.
                              I am forgiving myself, letting go of the shame and humiliation I have felt for years. I know I am not a bad person, but when AL has me in it's clutches, I make bad decisions. So the only way not to go there, is to not drink. Simple as that!! (yeah right!)
                              Hippy
                              I finally got it!
                              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

hippy, i got to the point where every time i drink i would black out. its awful. havent got a clue of a lot of the time. how the hell i got home (if i did). 2 binges in less than 2 weeks, nothing had changed (SURPRISE). its disheartening to say the least but i know i can do this. iwas really enjoying the sober life and felt so much stronger and happier. that is where i want my life to be, not in the blacked out mess of a bottle
                                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                                X