Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

mollyka, my daughter did the same thing right before she left for college. It infuriated me because she had this filming crew at our house (long story) and then she drug in about 6 a.m. still bombed and looking horrible. Then she went to bed and I couldn't get her up. Truly, I was ready to kill her. But you know, I think it has a little something to do with letting go of the old life. So forgive her today as best she can. i would ask her if she wants you to reschedule the restaurant for tomorrow. She will be in a better place, you will be in a better place, and you just might enjoy that wonderful dinner!
    prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well folks, after a very long and very trying day we went out for dinner after all and we had a wonderful evening. She was fantastic, don't know if she was hiding the hangover or not but she was bubbly and fun and her three brothers all came and we truly had a great time. We don't all get together that often as the older ones all lead their own lives so it was a real treat for me and their Dad.Thanks for all the advice and support from here, you were all so right and I loved how unjudgemental you all were even of her!! That is the lovely thing about this community, the kindness and understanding.

I am truly glad this week is over, it was stress loaded and AL crossed my mind more than once but thankfully that's as far as it got.
      Lav, great to hear from you, your probs make mine seem ridiculous and you are dealing with it all sober and with dignity, I admire you so much.
      Prancy, love to hear about the filming crew? I'm intrigued!
      Thanks again everyone and have a lovely sober Sunday evening
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah Molly!!!!

Good to hear from you Lav!!! :l

I'm still at work. Working everday this weekend plus we have our niece & nephew over so we are busy. But wanted to check in really quick.

I'll check in again later. :h
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow Nora, crap working all weekend, and you're some good auntie!!
          Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

mollyka, let's just say that it had to with a reality show and a huge misunderstanding. Uh yes, I am a Hollywood star.....thanks to the little darling. Believe me, the house will be different with her gone. And before you know it, you will be missing her so you will want her to come home with all her drama. That is, until she does.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello lovely peeps. hope everyone having a good day. if youre not come and tell us about it.
              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

spuddleduck;872136 wrote: hello lovely peeps. hope everyone having a good day. if youre not come and tell us about it.
                i wouldn't know where to begin spuds xx
                The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prancy, don't I know it!!!
                  Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

What's wrong Girly Wirly? Come and unload to the Nest!!
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All ! Hope you are ok Girly Wirly? Im on day 4 AF today and feeling much better. This site has been great
                      :lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

Have been quiet today - a bottle of wine yesterday afternoon - ouch!! However its not as bad as the other ouch that will probably follow later!! I went to the chemist today to by some Ex-lax as I have been having a little trouble in that department for sometime now, so I gets home and anxious to get this over and done with before work tomorrow I quickly read how to take it WITHOUT MY GLASSES!!! OH BOY -I have taken one full slab instead of 1 tablet :shocked: So if I go missing for a while its not for the AL :H
                        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All...Mama checking in after a long weekend at our lake house..
                          I think I am glad I have boys after hearing what some of you are going through
                          Panno I am having the same potty issues and feel like .....sorry...crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
                          Tucking in with a good book to get rested up for work...
                          love you all
                          Mama
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hahaha! I know not funny Panno, but funny. There are other ways to relieve one's self. Oh listen to me. Relieve one's self of what? Just like diuretics, laxatives require lots of water to work through the system. Lesson learned, right? Freaken June Bugs out in full force rapping at my screen again! Life is full of challenges. I abhor June Bugs and spiders. Give me a snake anyday. Take care all. )

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Girly, we are all looking to make our lives better. I've read some of your recent posts and sense the pain and strength in them. You know you have the right attitude and you know you have friends here. So you are and can go past this!! I wish I had a dollar for everytime I felt I could not get beyond circumstances...but I have and you can too. I've had back problems for 33 years...genetics and poor muscular tone....I know when I work at strengthening my core and keeping my system ph balanced I am so much stronger...of course al does not make that doable on a number of levels....I had someone say to me recently: Our doc's first question should be "What is your Ph level?" Think about it please??

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.
                                Just popping in the say hi and catch up on your lives. Hope everyone is staying strong and achieveing their goals.
                                Hang in there Girly. You can do it.
                                Well done on day 4 Spinning.
                                Amazing the things that life throws at us, but it is SO MUCH EASIER to deal with anything when we are sober and not hungover. I have had an issue with my son lately and I am quite proud of myself as in my previous life I would have only been able to deal with it with a few (or more) wines under my belt. However I had gone thru the anger and pain without AL and have found it better to cope with that anger and pain without adding more by drinking. I am so grateful for this site and all of you for contributing to it.
                                Take care everyone.
                                Hipster
                                I finally got it!
                                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
                                X