Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!
    Nora, I’m so sorry that you are faced with a difficult reality. You have been such a wonderful caregiver for your mother. Holding you close in my thoughts and wishing you strength, comfort and peace in the coming days.
    NS, I’m sorry about your crazy dream. It seems every morning when I wake up I’m in one of those out of control dreams. This is an historic moment in time for all of us. I keep hoping I’ll wake up and this will have been a bad dream. No such luck yet.
    Well, I can tell you how I lost the weight in two words: Fast Food. Hubs and I ate lunch in restaurants every day, it was our splurge. Since February, we have been eating lunch at home, which I prepare. Then for dinner, I have a red delicious apple. Not eating a big meal at night is the only way I have had success losing weight. When the lockdown first started, I gained weight, I did have to reel in my snacking, I put a note on the fridge: You are bored, not hungry. I hate lifestyle changes as much as the next person, but I have to think shedding fast food has been a positive step. Who knew?
    Great jobs, Deedoo and Frances! Keep adding those days, you will be amazed how much better you feel when you close the door on AL once and for all.
    Julia, are you doing ok? Please check in and let us know.
    I hope everyone has a peaceful day! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thank you all for the thoughts & prayers and hugs. :heartbeat:
      I am doing ok. Mom is not in pain right now. Just sleeping.

Just want to tell DeeDoo and Frances great job and keep it up. I was the one that had 1000 day 1's before my last day 1. I can tell you that it was so worth it. No more guilt and remorse. Just hang in there. My motto is One Step at a Time. :hug:
      I had a nightmare the other night and it followed me even after I woke up. I thought I had drank a few. I was devastated that I had let someone talk me into it. Thank goodness it was only a dream!
      Last edited by NoraC; September 3, 2020, 02:00 PM.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

It is so good to see you here, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]. I've missed you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
          It is so good to see you here, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]. I've missed you so much.
          You have no idea how often I think of you my very wise friend. :heartbeat:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Keeping our heads down, eyes & ears open - tornado watch up until 10 pm, ugh!

Nora, bless you & your wonderful Mom. You have given her so much love & comfort :hug:
            I know how hard it is to let go of someone you love very much. We will all be with you in spirit as your Mom transitions to teh next life.

I worry about my grown kids in this severe weather, one is on the road now going home from work & the other is at work until 9 pm. This year has thrown so much at all of us but we have stayed strong as a group. I pray we continue to stay on our plans
            Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening all,
              Day 7 posting, day 11 sober.
              Just about made it by the skin of my teeth, getting carried away with this painting craic!!!

Comment

Hi, All:

Good job, Dee Doo - working that sober muscle. What are you painting?

Lav, did the tornado come? I worry for my kids most when they are on the road driving - but I've never had to consider they might encounter a tornado. I agree, I am glad to be a part of this strong group during this crazy time.

Nar - Every time we talk about moving to Canada (I know, you probably wouldn't have us!) I think about that cold, cold weather and I hesitate...

Byrdie - really? An apple for dinner? It is definitely better to have a smaller dinner, or at least I sleep better, but I can't seem to manage that. Amazing that quitting fast food worked so quickly.

The smoke is bad here still. As the fire dies down it actually gets into a smokier phase - it is so stifling. Thankfully they are getting the fires under control.

Happy SOBER Friday, folks. Stay strong.

Pav

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

What a difference a day makes, sunny & nice here today!!
                  No tornado last night although there were 3 individual storms that passed thru here all with the potential of developing a tornado. Grateful

Pav, we were lucky last night. Sorry you’re still dealing with the smokey air. That would get on my nerves too! I hope it clears out soon!
                  My worries for my son will last until he retires from the FD or I depart this world, Lol

Dee, good for you working your plan!

Another holiday weekend is here & still no family plans. This entire year has been sad in that respect. Interestingly I heard a report on NPR today that simply said if every person on the planet wears a mask that by January 2021 we could save 770,000 lives!!! That’s a really big deal in my book. Guess I’ll keep sewing
                  Hello to all & wishing evryone a safe night in teh nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening all,
                    Day 8 posting, day 12 sober. Pavati, I started painting a small chest of drawers which came out very well. So bright spark here thought I'll painted part of the stairs to brighten up the hallway, really dark wood. Little did I realise how long it is taking, I've 2 coats of primer on and I still have 2 top coats to go. Into the bargain I thought I could just lean over the bannister to get the other side if the spindles not a hope I had to get out the ladder to get at several places, now normally standing on a chair is about as high as I go so you can imagine the state of me up the ladder and hanging onto the bannister at the same time. Worst part is I'll have to go up the damn ladder 2 more days to get the top coats done, still its better than lying drinking all day.

Comment

Hola friends near and not so far.

Congrat's on day 12 Dee! Are u using a spray gun for painting? Cut's time amazingly. Having said that, in the early days of sobriety taking our time with projects in a mindful way can be a great way to pass the time while the body mind and spirit reset slowly behind the scenes.

All ok here. It's just the weekend not a freakin ticket to no wackyass boozeville.

Take it easy and do something u love every day, even for 5 minutes. Ya feelin me homes?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Happy weekend.

Nice painting project deedoo but no thank you for the ladder. I don't do heights. LOL

Byrdie - I know what you mean about the fast food weight. I found out the same thing when I retired and then the pandemic. No more grabbing fast food.

Pav - so sorry to hear about the fires.

Lav - glad you didn't get hit with a tornado.

Thank you again for all the good thoughts. It helps. Things are about the same here. I've been spending a lot of time just sitting in my rocking chair next to Mom's bed. She is sleeping most of the time but I like to sit there. As I was rocking this evening sitting in the dark, I thought back to 33 years ago & sitting in that same chair in the same room, rocking my son. Probably listening to the same creak in the floor. Circle of life. :heart:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora - I love that image of you in the same rocking chair, same room, same creak. Similar on my end, except it was my mom rocking ME in the chair, and then me in the chair by her bedside (not the same room) as she transitioned to the next great adventure in this big universe. The circle of life indeed. It sounds like you are in a good frame of mind, even though I'm sure there are moments/hours/days where you feel otherwise. I'll be sending a continuous wave of hugs.

Byrdie - that's fantastic that quitting fast food had such a positive impact, although I'm honestly not surprised at all. Fast food is designed for three things: 1) fast (obvs), 2) inexpensive to make, and 3) lends itself to a fast food prep and eating/transport environment. The ingredients that fit those criteria are generally not high-quality, and fat/salt/sugar all play starring roles. Good for you on quitting, even if not by choice at first!

Lav - that's an incredible statistic re how many lives could be saved with masks.

Happy weekend everyone, and for those in the U.S. happy 3-day weekend! Don't drink!
                          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

That's a great image, Nora. I read stuff to my dad sometimes which also reminded me of that circle.

Not much to report. Lots of reports of Labor Day holiday in the States spiking up the virus load. Stay safe out there, nest.

Pav

Comment

Hi all,
                              Day 9 posting, day 13 AF and apart from that i too exhausted for anything else.

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

We have been bestowed with picture perfect weather this weekend, feel lucky after all the heat this summer. I’m sure it will warmup again next week, always does
                                No plans, just staying close to home. I think a walk down the road may be in order this evening!

Nora, I have been thinking of you at your Mom’s bedside. That’s where I was when my Mom passed 34 years ago today. It’s been such a long time & I still miss her. We will be here for you :hug:

Hi to Dee, G, Wags, Pav & everyone.
                                Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X