• Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Great plan Panno!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All. Lovely day here too! Im on day 7 AF and feeling good. I always get cravings when cooking dinner so im trying to have a diet coke instead. Cant work my oven timer ! Hope you all have a great day
      :lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all......flying out this morning to visit my friend. Will be back in 10 days. I'll be dropping in when I can. Take care everyone!!!!!!:l:l
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;875854 wrote: Morning all......flying out this morning to visit my friend. Will be back in 10 days. I'll be dropping in when I can. Take care everyone!!!!!!:l:l
          Safe travels! :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

be safe Nora...I am so glad you get to see your friend
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm not flying out this morning. I'm flying out tonight. :H:H:H:H I get there in the morning. I'm losing it folks.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a good trip Nora! We'll be here when you get back!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

No grand baby yet!

Missy is enjoying waves of excitement and is feeling very energetic and giddy! :H I kinda figured I'd get a call during the night... but that baby seems to be taking his sweet time - much like his mum. 52 hours labour. :H

Nora - how wonderful you'll get to see your friend! :l Spinning - well done on day 7! :H Panno... so THAT'S what that silly timer is for! Welcome Alicia! Great job on 5 days AF! The worst is behind you! Stick with us kid - you can do it! Spuddle, I'd LOVE to get out in the garden some more - but no time! Never mind them lounger thingies! LOL Fennel! Have you sorted out your Internet yet??? And what the heck is that new creation of yours? Or, do we really want to know?

Will check in when I can - behave yourselves, guys 'n dolls!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Sunnie-Thanks for the update on the impending new arrival. Sending loads of good wishes and pings to you and your daughter. Can't wait to see the post announcing the birth!!

Panno-glad to hear you're feeling better. Keep going with the improved diet and you'll feel tip top in no time. RC-good tips that I didnt' know about the probiotics in yogurt.

Spinning and Alicia-Great job on your AF days. Keep up the good work. Remember to have your plan in place. Keeping that first drink from passing your lips is the hardest part-after that it's pretty easy so "Choose to Unbooze"!! Here's the link to the toolbox thread for some more help and ideas:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

NoraC-have a great trip!! Hope you have a fabulous time visiting your friend.

Hi Fennel, MB, Molly!! Hope you're all having a fabulous day!!
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.
                      I'm guessing by now you must be a gramma Sunny. Woo hoo. Hope everything is going well.
                      Hi Alicia. Welcome. Well done on 5 days. Soon 5 days will turn into 5 weeks, 5 months.... Come back and see us whenever you need to.
                      Hope you enjoy your trip Nora. Is this the friend that isnt too well?
                      Spinning - sounds like you are doing well too. Those dinner time cravings are hard. I found I still filled my wine glass but with something non-al so in my mind I wasnt missing out. It is just a habit and habits can be broken.
                      I had an amazing day abseiling yesterday. I did it twice backwards, then thought I would give it a go face forward which was rather challenging. But the power and inner strength I have got since quitting is fantastic. I couldnt have done it five months ago. Apart from the fact that I wouldnt have been physically able, I didnt have the courage. Facing and beating the beast has given me alot of inner strength. The next thing I am going to tackle is something I tried to do 25 years ago but simply couldnt - Bungee jumping! I didnt think I would be able to give up drinking, but I have. So now I can do anything!
                      Have a good, sober weekend. Stay true to yourself. And remember a journey of a thousand miles, starts with one step.
                      Hippy
                      I finally got it!
                      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday Nesters!

Dropping in to say HELLO! Lots of new fledglings here, that's great!

Granny Sunni, looking forward to your announcment

Bungee jumping HC???? Now that is a brave step! Good for you!!!!

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Friday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi everyone!
                          i'm back in the newbies nest,trying not to fall out this time....
                          just in need of some reconnection here,that's all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

aaaaarrrrrghhhh (penguin anguish)

I just lost the post I was composing. Just as well - I was blathering on and on about nothing anyway...

Any baby news from Sunnyland?

Have fun with the bungee jumping, Hippy - that sounds like so much fun!

I'll be back in a while, just wanted to say "hi" for now.
                            Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just popping in to say hi, hope all went well Sunni, go for it HC

bye for now

Coco can you find your way back
                              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Panno;876889 wrote: Just popping in to say hi, hope all went well Sunni, go for it HC

bye for now

Coco can you find your way back
                                Give me a hand will you, Panno me pal... I'm just a poor confused (but not drunk) little penguin...

:h
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X