Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning, nestlings...my morning has taken a stressful turn. I think my older kitty has a urinary tract infection...I waited for what seemed an eternity for the vet's office to open at 7:30 so I could give them a call. We have an appointment at 11:00. I'm distressed, because Mrs. Fennel didn't notice anything unusual about kitty's behavior this morning (lingering in the litter box, peeing on the kitchen door!) and I'm supposed to go camping with a friend next week. I'm afraid to leave her under Mrs. Fennel's tender ministrations for the week.

Wish us luck!

Sunshine, I can't wait to hear what's going on back home...Nora, I hope your flight went well..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend!!!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all, or whatever time of day it is where you are. I'm new to the site, and I'm in east bay, California. I'm trying to figure out how to start my own blog. Any tips? ... thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

HC!!! Bungee jumping??? :wow: OMG- I thing my heart would stop the minute my feet left the wall. Good luck and may god speed!!
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm on AF day 2. Wish me luck!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matchee that's great. Stay focused you have many more AF days ahead of you. ODAT!!!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still no baby!

What a little bugger! :H Contractions get to 8 minutes apart and then stop!

But I had a wonderful surprise this afternoon... the kids (my daughter and b/f) came here for a short visit! It's a little over an hour drive and they don't come up to the island often, so this was VERY unexpected! For Missy, too. She wanted to go to the mall, but her b/f just kept on driving :H Anyways, no contractions while she was here... getting ready for highschool graduation now - I think it's safe to go

Fennel.. best of luck with your kitty! Is it a male? Fixed? One of my cats (actually, my all-time favorite) had to have emergency surgery due to urinary tract years ago. Keeping my paws crossed that it's fixable without surgery! :l

Welcome back Beagle!!!!! MISSSSED YOU!!! And welcome Matchee! Grab a twig and get comfy here!

Will catch up with all of you later - have a fabby evening/weekend!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys, I did say I was going to "try" to bungee jump, not that I have actually planned to do it. I got strapped in once before, looked over the edge then my knees collapses from sheer terror...... it's on my bucket list!
                  Welcome back Beagle, nice to have a fellow west Aussie here. Glad you found your way back to MWO. It does work, and we are more than happy to share your journey and support you where we can.
                  Welcome too to lolmom and matchee. Good to have you in the nest. Stick around and post when you are ready, ask us lots - someone is sure to have gone thru what you are going thru now. We are all at different stages and have different goals, however the basic reason we are all here is because alcohol interfers with us living the life we are meant to.
                  Sunny - I cant believe your daughter hasnt had the bub yet! How long will they let her go before they take over?
                  Why is it on my days off, I just cant sleep in, yet during the week day, I have to drag myself out of bed? I had the bed to myself, no snoring husband - he's getting plastered at a boys only weekend playing golf and staying permenantly drunk - no cats, I had inadvertantly locked my furry hot water bottle in the garage all night long. LOL. No reason to get up early - yet come 6am, I am ready for my caffeine fix......
                  I am having a bit of an inner argument at the moment. I have accepted an invitation to a, well, wouldnt say friend, more like an aquaintance, a mum from my daughter's old dance class, her 40th birthday party tonight. So I dont know her too well, dont know anyone else going, and husband is M.I.A. In my previous life, I would have either got pissed before I went to help my tongue loosen to be able to talk to total strangers, or I would have cancelled, faking a sick kid or headache. I want to be able to go, maybe not all night long, but just to poke my head out and say hi. But I am actually quite scared. This is where AL helped me previously, but now I have to actually face up to real life sober! So I can go abseiling and consider bungee jumping, but not a party where I dont know anyone. How strange is that? It's not like they will be offering live sacrifices, or insist I come naked or cut my leg off or something. It's just a party that is supposed to be fun.
                  Sorry about this, I am just talking out loud, trying to talk myself into it. I have never been any good in social situations, that is the main reason i started drinking - to alleviate that fear of talking to someone. That is why I love this site, dont have to talk face to face with you! Anyway, it is still early, I have plenty of time to either chicken out or actually talk myself into going....... What was it I was telling the other people the other day when they were scared about stepping off the abseiling plaform? Feel the fear and do it anyway? Maybe I need to listen to myself.
                  Enough from me. Have a good weekend and I will let you know the outcome.
                  Hipster
                  I finally got it!
                  "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey HC-I bet you couldn't sleep in because you "knew" something was wrong-no hot water bottle!!
                    About the party-make a pack with yourself that you will only stay 1/2 hour-enought to nibble, drink a selzter and wish the mum a happy 40th. You can say you have to get home to feed the furkids? My excuse anyway. then, if you're having a good time and you're not feeling bad about not drinking, you can stay longer. Remember, it's the first 5 min that is the hardest in a social situation, especially one where the first question out of the host's mouth is "What can I get you to drink?". Answer it right and the rest of the time there will be easy peasy.

Oh and HC? Don't count on not speaking with any of us face to face-I've always wanted to visit Australia - I have just as much chance as anyone to win the lottery :H :H
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fennel! I hope things went alright with the vet??:l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ahh Hipster, big long message just gone missing - in a nutshell, I agree with PapM, go for half hour and you might find you are grand, definitely get over the 'what are you having to drink' moment. I am also totally inept socially sober,
                        going to bed now, knackered
                        Molly
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunny, I hope that little stinker gets here soon!

I've had a terrible day. My vet called back this afternoon with my girl's lab results. Her B.U.N., creatinine and phosphorus are all extremely high. I had to admit her to the emergency animal hospital for the weekend. She's in kidney failure. :upset:

My cats have never had a "sick" day in their lives and this cat was behaving completely normally until this morning. Her appetite is still good, which the doctors say is a good thing. I was completely freaking out when the emergency vet told me they'd show me how to give her subcutaneous fluids...it just seems like the end for her, you know?

I'm hoping I'm wrong. Please send your good thoughts her way, my fellow nestlings.

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel. My cat had something similar two years ago. Had some fluid drained from her lungs and was put on a diuretic and medication for hyperthyroidism. She was seedy for a while but now is 100% (and she's 17) jumps onto the shed roof as easy as you like and beats up on our other cat (4 yrs). Have faith, these are pretty tough little critters. Try to avoid feeding her anything with potassium in it...like some sorts of fish.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Blue Heeler...she is a toughie. Your words gave me comfort.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fennel. Got your message. So sorry about your feline friend. I sure hope she rebounds like Blue Heeler's kitty did. Glad you're hanging in there too. I will definitely be sending healing thoughts her way. My dog had kidney stones and mange over a year ago. I really thought I was going to lose her last September but I finally found the right combination of things and she is as healthy as ever again. Take care friend.:l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X