Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I think my computer got your bug! I keep getting this Wuaaboot error msg and I can't send emails right now. Grrrr

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all, just saying hello and fleeing cos I know nothing about animals.
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad to have a night at home. Have been out three nights in a row. Last night I got the Friday cravings, but didn't give in. Do these bloody cravings ever give up? How long will it take until I don't think about drinking just because it's Friday.
        Hey, Hippy Chick good going on the abseiling, and face forward! That's brave. Did you go to the party? I hope so. I find a good way to break the ice with strangers is to give compliments. I like your blouse, what a great painting, that is a beautiful neclace. People can't ignore you after that and some kind of conversation usually happens.

No one has been here for a couple of hours. is anyone there?
        Tant
        AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

I forgot to say welcome to Lolmum and Matchee, I hope you will join us often.
          Tant
          AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

We had roast chicken & veges tonight for tea and now I'm enjoying a coffee and some jelly & custard, yum. I planned to take a trifle to the socila function last night but Hubby brought home a huge cake. So I have a large bowl of red jelly and a litre of extra thick custard left for us to eat. I also have a couple of banana slices in there. Hubby doesn't like jelly but loves banana and custard. My nephew will eat anything so we are all happy. I hope everyone has had a great Saturday. Take care of yourselves.
            :h
            Tant
            AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

mamam here....off to see Robin Hood in a few hours.....Russell Crowe in tights...yummy!
              Hc - you have lost your damn mind girl....bungee jumping?????
              good luck with the function this evening
              Fennel....I am sorry about your baby.....my two kitties are like kids to us...and my sons would be devestated if anything happened to one of them....
              Gramm Sunni....keep us posted
              hey Pap, molly, techie, RC, my friend Coco the nut
              I called Runningwind and left a message buthave not heard back from her yet....

Have a happy, sober Saturday......I "indulged" last night, so i promise to be good tonight
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, folks.
                My kitty had a good night. They're going to run some tests on her tonight to see if the treatments are working. If all is going well, I may be able to bring her home tomorrow. I really hope her labs improve. She's such a sweet cat, very loving.

I'm about as sad as a gal can be right now. I know she's in a very good clinic, though.

Comment

Newbies Nest

and to think you were gonna make cat tacos!!!!!
                  don't be sad....well that was a stupid statement...i know
                  can you go sit with her??
                  what's her name?
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

good stuff Fennel, glad the cats well!
                    Poor Tant - nobody on here all day!! Hope the jelly and custard went down well
                    Hey Mama, RingingC, BlueH, Hipster SunnyGran? and all else out there.
                    Just had a remarkable moment that I really want to share. My 16 yr old just came in, he was out with some girls and he was telling me how some lassie was telling him how much she 'hated her Ma', and I said that probably he says the same about me and he looked at me in absolute amazement and said ' I would NEVER say that, you're a great Ma'. I just choked up, and couldn't help wondering would he have said that 6 months ago?! I feel brilliant - it just makes all this worthwhile
                    Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;878477 wrote: and to think you were gonna make cat tacos!!!!!
                      don't be sad....well that was a stupid statement...i know
                      can you go sit with her??
                      what's her name?
                      We just checked back with the clinic again. She's doing well. Trying to groom herself, albeit with the "Elizabethan" collar on...that's my girl! Yes, we can go sit with her. I held her for a long time today and even got a purr or two out of her. Her name is Bob Lorraine. I'm hoping I can get her home tomorrow night. I plan to love her up like crazy in the time I have left with her.

Comment

Newbies Nest

mollyka;878495 wrote: good stuff Fennel, glad the cats well!
                        Poor Tant - nobody on here all day!! Hope the jelly and custard went down well
                        Hey Mama, RingingC, BlueH, Hipster SunnyGran? and all else out there.
                        Just had a remarkable moment that I really want to share. My 16 yr old just came in, he was out with some girls and he was telling me how some lassie was telling him how much she 'hated her Ma', and I said that probably he says the same about me and he looked at me in absolute amazement and said ' I would NEVER say that, you're a great Ma'. I just choked up, and couldn't help wondering would he have said that 6 months ago?! I feel brilliant - it just makes all this worthwhile
                        Molly
                        Sounds like you have a decent young man, Molly! Bake up a pan of cookies for him. Nice that he appreciates his mum...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Fennel, good luck with Bob
                          Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fennel,
                            I am way behind on posts so I don't know what others have said to you but I wanted to offer my experience with CRF before I lose my train of thought.
                            I had two eldery cats who were diagnosed with advanced CRF. It's an insidious disease that usually doesn't show any symptoms until their kidney function is down by 50% or more. They both lived for 2 more years after diagnosis and with a good quality of life until it was time to say goodby. I won't sugar coat this: There is no cure except transplant but with supportive care your kitty can live a number of very good years. Your vet is right-as long as she still has her appetite, things are good. I gave both cats subQ fluids twice a day for 2 years. I started out taking them to the vet once a week for them to do it (very expensive) and finally put my big girl panties on and asked to be taught how to do it. Once I got it down it was very easy. I learned all sorts of tricks about how to keep the fluids warm as it went into the skin, how the bigger nee dles are scarier to use but the session goes twice as fast, to setting up a special station to do this at. Once it got to the point where they needed it twice a day I was very glad I had sucked it up and learned. Because my kitties were having trouble with their appetite, I didn't worry about special diets. Whatever and whenever they ate was a cause for joy but your vet may recommend a low protein diet or whatever the current medical thinking is (my cats have been gone since 2000 and 2002 and I haven't kept up). I totally understand how devastating this diagnosis is but depending on age and how far gone her kidney function is, you may still have many wonderful years with her and all you'll have to do is keep her hydrated.
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fennel,
                              I am way behind on posts so I don't know what others have said to you but I wanted to offer my experience with CRF before I lose my train of thought.
                              I had two eldery cats who were diagnosed with advanced CRF. It's an insidious disease that usually doesn't show any symptoms until their kidney function is down by 50% or more. They both lived for 2 more years after diagnosis and with a good quality of life until it was time to say goodby. I won't sugar coat this: There is no cure except transplant but with supportive care your kitty can live a number of very good years. Your vet is right-as long as she still has her appetite, things are good. I gave both cats subQ fluids twice a day for 2 years. I started out taking them to the vet once a week for them to do it (very expensive) and finally put my big girl panties on and asked to be taught how to do it. Once I got it down it was very easy. I learned all sorts of tricks about how to keep the fluids warm as it went into the skin, how the bigger nee dles are scarier to use but the session goes twice as fast, to setting up a special station to do this at. Once it got to the point where they needed it twice a day I was very glad I had sucked it up and learned. Because my kitties were having trouble with their appetite, I didn't worry about special diets. Whatever and whenever they ate was a cause for joy but your vet may recommend a low protein diet or whatever the current medical thinking is (my cats have been gone since 2000 and 2002 and I haven't kept up). I totally understand how devastating this diagnosis is but depending on age and how far gone her kidney function is, you may still have many wonderful years with her and all you'll have to do is keep her hydrated.
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow know more about cats than I thought I ever would

Comment

Working...
                                X