Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Paps - just cross posted with you. I know I should be proud of 30 days but I am so disappointed with myself falling a month ago I can't get excited. Thank you tho for thinking of me - you have been very kind to me here. I know how seriously you take all this stuff as well as being able to have a laugh!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fennel, cross posted again and yes I know you will be here for me, its a lovely feeling
      Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

well done mollyka, you can still be really proud of yourself. you picked yourself up and got back with it. thats worth a big WEHEY!!!!!
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mollyka absolutely fantastic :goodjob: just checked in for the first time this weekend and yours was the first post i read - :kewl:
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi panno, hope you had a good sober weekend
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Molly! Remember past is past. 30 days is no small accomplishment. Nice to hear about your son's love and respect for you too. I was at my friend's last night. Her daughter and friends were getting ready for prom night. These kids all adore my friend and hang out all the time. I know it makes her feel very special too. She does let them party but is always there to make sure they are being responsible. When we went to a lovely spot for pictures there was another group of kids with parents too. One mom in our group noticed how serious these kids looked, like it wasn't fun at all and yet our bunch was having the time of their life. It was kind of sad from our view. sorry if I was blathering there.
              Fennel I sent you a message. Hope things are still improving well. Glad Papmom can share real experience and hope with you.
              Spuddle's good to see you've picked yourself up nicely! Good job.
              Hi Mama, Sunny, HC, Panno and everyone else!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Panno, thanks, I was missing you!! What the hell is a 'kewl'?
                Rc, yes, we can make our young people happy without making them too anxious. I reckon I've been quite a strict Mam so that's why what he said was so sweet. My kids were always the first in at night etc. prob cos I remembered what I was like!!
                Yep Spuds, it is good and I'm going to stop beating myself up
                Great to see so many around this evening
                Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Gahg.
                  I hope Bob Lorraine is feeling better. I LOVE the name and I can feel how special she is to you.
                  Molly...you sound blessed to have such a sweet boy and be 30 days AF!!!!!! My boys surprise me sometimes too. Just when you think they have not heard a word you said, they amaze you!!!!
                  Gramma Sunni....make her walk...and walk....and walk.........that might speed things up, but Mother Nature works on her own speed...besides...it's so nice and cozy and safe in the womb.......why would anyone want to leave!!!!!!
                  "Robin Hood" was really good. Papa Bear gave it a four, but I loved it. And Mr Crowe was not in tights, but leather breetches.......OMG!!!!! I have always loved getting lost in a good movie or book....it's a nice escape and takes you to all kinds of lovely places.
                  Glad you got to be involved with prom preparations RC.
                  Spuds and Panno......hi ladies.
                  Oh well.......nothing much to say. It's toooooooo hot here in Florida, so I hid in the AC all day...after grocery shopping, doing laundry and treating myself to a much over due pedicure. Bright pink toes with little white daisies on them.....very girly.
                  All my love and support...I hope Nora is doing ok travelling
                  I talked to Runningwind yesterday for about 3 minutes....she is going back in the hospital on Thursday....her doctors think she may be bi-polar.....she is amazingly calm..she has been through alot and every time I talk to her I am amazed......
                  She says she will be back and will write EVERYTHING here so she can perhaps help somone else. She promised to call me next weekend when she gets home.
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

mollyka;879247 wrote: Hey Panno, thanks, I was missing you!! What the hell is a 'kewl'?
                    Molly I have no idea :H:H I assumed it meant 'Cool' I just liked pic

Luv P x
                    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Moll........cross post!

Comment

Newbies Nest

it simply means "COOL"!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Molly I would have been considered a strict Mom too. My friend is just the best friend and Mom. And she lost her husband only two years ago to brain tumour. She's always including me in special occasions knowing how alone I feel without my kids.
                          So yes Mama it was great to be along for that celebratory time in their life. The last thing I was involved with in that respect was my oldest daughter's grade 8 grad. Went shopping with her although she had already moved back to dad in the matrimonial home. At the grad however you could tell she was feeling obligated not to spend too much time with me. I did show up for my two oldest's high school grad and they didn't even go. The b*tard wasband hadn't even encouraged them to go!!! I learned these things from other Mom's. It's horrible what a persons pride will drive them to do at their children's expense. Well that's a pretty much closed book now. Hopefully one day there will be a sequel with a lovely ending.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC...I am so sorry baby..I cannot imagine...

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC I really hope you get that happy ending and I'm sure you will get it and lots more xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks ladies. It really hurts to share that and not sure why I did. I guess just the fact that it has come to the surface so loudly again. Good news is I am not drinking the pain away. Yes I did drink with the Mom's last night but in joy and not sucking on the bottle alone like I had been doing. Still not sure where I am standing with this. It does help to share, get support and learn from other's experience here. Thanks again to all!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X