Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hola friends near and not so far,

I like Annie grace/this naked mind. I reckon she has an easy style and delivers the info in a straightforward practical way.

SB. Make sure you come up for air now and then.

Pav, opiod relapse 100%? Wowza! I think with any drug (and i acknowledge heroin is the strongest pain killer/numbing agent of all), if you don't replace that pull for escape with life and a purpose, then you could be in trouble. If we're still in emotional pain we will likely keep going back for relief. Of course, there is a solution for anything i believe and millions have found/are finding their way out from heroin addiction.

Big waves and gidday's to evabody. Take it easy out there. Keep breathing.

Just do your best friends.
    Last edited by Guitarista; April 19, 2021, 04:13 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We got our 2nd vaccines today, glad that’s over. I hope everyone gives these vaccinations some serious thought. I have a feeling those refusing to be vaccinated haven’t given a damn thought about the others they may be infecting at some point. Someone’s kid, someone’s grandma.....everyone, not to mention the fate of all the healthcare workers. We all need to take our fair shares of responsibility for the greater good.

Glad to see so many folks checking in today. I hope narilly is doing OK :hug:
      Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav - hope that second dose treats you gently. And yes, this is a collective responsibility that has been politicized by some at the expense of many. It's part of a bigger push-back against science, against facts (both historical truths and future likelihoods).

Kensho - sorry to hear your daughter is struggling with the fear of school shootings, and that what was meant to be a day of self-care has turned into a quarantine for her. Unfortunately, her fears are based on real events, so even though the chances of a shooting in a particular community are statistically low, it's not like you can just promise her that she's safe. The fact that she's telling you about her concerns is huge. Maybe her school counselor could be a resource regarding ways to discuss this topic with children/students?

Slo - that's a huge bummer about your knee, especially if you've torn the ligament. Be gentle with yourself as you deal with the pain/discomfort etc.

NS and Mr G - good to see you both

Things are ok here. My wife has to have hip replacement surgery next week, so we're getting lots of last minute spring-season projects taken care of before she's out of commission. I feel like a lot of my life revolves around caring for others lately (wife, dad, dog, students) -- I have to be sure to prioritize some care of myself every day/week too. I've started making a list of little and big things I can do and I have slowly started doing them. Now if I can just find someone to clone me I should be all set!

Hello to Pav, Ava and everyone else pulling up a twig in the nest. Hope you're all having good weeks so far.
        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Nice day around here, grateful although I hear Arctic air will be arriving Thursday. Guess I’ll be covering up some plants.
          Sore arm & a bit headachey today post 2nd shot but not too bad. Glad it’s done, that’s for sure.

Wags, we always called ourselves the family ‘sin eaters’. Whenever anyone needed something done we were right there to help. Sounds like you are in a similar situation now, I feel for you. The helpers also need helpers but don’t often get any. Keep yourself at the top of gthe list so you don’t burn out. It happens when you least expect it, been there :hug:

Kensho, is it possible for you to arrange a meeting with the school psychologist for you & your daughter? Maybe you could get some effective ideas on how to talk about the subject of school shootings. I imagine most kids have some degree of fear, I know I would. My 3 grandkids are in 3 different schools & I am always concerned about them too.

Slo, I remmeber you talking about your sister before. Glad to hear she has found support, I truly hope she sticks with the program & beats her addiction. Has your husband always had a bad temper or does it seem age related. I’ve observed people going thru personality changes as they get older, my aunt was one of them. It turned out she was bi-polar & it wasn’t diagnosed ungtil she was older. She actually underwent ECT with questionable results. I hope he can find some help with whatever is going on. Glad you stood your ground, that’s what you have to do to protect yourself.

Hello to Pav, G, NS & everyone.
          Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy Un hung Tuesday everyone.
            Thank you, thank you so much for thinking about me. I tested negative and just have been SO busy with the contact tracing. I got my vaccination yesterday and feel like crap.

Hey but I am still here and sober. I will start posting again more often now that I finally got this to work on my iPad.

Xo
            Love you all.
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Yes, that’s exactly it, Guitarista: Annie Grace is very straightforward and practical, logical, respectful, and with an easy style. A far cry from shaming alcohol addiction programs filled with religiosity and quick slogans. And the other participants in the online program are wonderful too, and not just court-ordered riff-raff who don’t really want to be there. It’s a nice change for my sister.

Sorry to hear your wife needs a hip replacement, Wags. Although nowadays that often has a pretty quick recovery. You are getting too many care-giving responsibilities thrown at you lately!

I need to have yet another knee replacement revision surgery done, with yet another year-long recovery. And a more serious kind where a metal part that is cemented to the bone needs to be removed and switched out for a new part. This will be the third major surgery on this knee in 3 1/2 years.

Lav, yes my husband has always had temper problems. And that’s how he learned to behave from his dad. That’s why I say at least he’s doing better with it overall lately, even though he fell hard back into his old behavior patterns the other day.

Goodnight to all in the Nest!
              Last edited by Slo; April 20, 2021, 09:11 PM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Nar - glad to hear you tested negative for covid, and that you've got enough work to keep you so busy (although that's bad news for the area in which you're doing the contact tracing). Hopefully the side effects of your vax dose will ease up quickly like they seem to do for most people.

Slo - thanks for the kind words. My wife had knee replacement surgery about 5 years ago - it was her 6th surgery I think on a knee that got trashed in a motorcycle accident a few decades ago. She's pretty young to be getting a new hip but we think all the years of compensating for the bad knee (other leg) are part of what accelerated her hip deterioration. She would empathize with you a lot on your journey of several surgeries and lengthy recoveries in such a short period of time, and I certainly do too. :hug:

Lav - I hope the arctic front doesn't harm your plants too much. Good think you know in advance to cover them!

Hellos and waves everyone. We're almost over the hump for another week!
                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Happy Un Hung Wednesday everyone. I feel much better today, thank goodness. I got up early this morning to work and realized I work the evening shift, geez!
                  Slo, that sucks about your knee, my knee has been bugging me lately too which really sucks. Sorry about your hubs, maybe a good kick in the ass would help? Just kidding, it’s hard when these things happen with a spouse.
                  I’ve never heard of Annie Grace, sounds very interesting.
                  We are going to have a beautiful day here today which is terrific.

OH, I missed my 7 year anniversary which was April 12. Yay!! 7 years sober! The years add up so fast. I remember counting the days and then the weeks. I haven’t had a hangover for 7 years, oh yeah!

Have a good day everyone, and don’t drink today.
                  Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

The winds of change are blowing here, dropping the temp to 34 degrees tonight, ugh. I did bring some of my plants inside & covered the rest, hope they survive. Dressing for winter tomorrow I guess, haha!

Narilly, glad you are well & CONGRATS on your 7 years AF, wonderful!!
                    Time does fly by when you’re busy living the life you deserve.

Slo, sorry about the knee diagnosis, geez. Is your surgery already scheduled or are you just waiting?
                    Your husband’s behavior sounds an awful lot like my Dad & his father. I knew enough to never want to be like that & made every effort to do better. There’s only so much we need to inherit from our families. We can choose to do better if we are aware.

Wags, 6 surgeries on one knee sounds horrible, poor thing! She must be a strong woman to keep moving forward. I hope the hip replacement goes well with a quick recovery. It sounds like you bnoth deserve a break!!

Nottoo much going on here just bouncing around with this crazy weather. Sending hellos to everyone & wishng a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                    Last edited by Lavande; April 21, 2021, 05:26 PM.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hola nester's,

Lav, i hope your plants employ whatever resilience they possess. That goes for anyone struggling who may be reading.

Nar, 7 years? Holy fartin' friars! Congratulations mi amiga.

YOLO theme is back. Did it ever leave? Here's an article about changing work environments. Take care out there.

Welcome to the YOLO Economy - The New York Times

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Quick sober fly-by this evening. Good to see everyone. Have easy nights and days and I'll catch you all again tomorrow!
                        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Wags, Morgan Fairchild (I follow her on Twitter) just had a hip replacement and she appears to be in good spirits. They had her up and walking the next day, yikes. I hope your wife does great with hers.
                          If you know me, you’ll know I’m not athletic at all. Yet, I’ve been diagnosed with runner’s knee and swimmers ear. :haha: I think my knee got out of whack due to a fall I took in 2005 when I broke my tailbone. It kind of threw everything out of alignment. My physical therapist suggested I take Turmeric and it not only helped my knee, it really helped my colitis. It has been a real blessing for me. Took about a month to kick in.
                          Narily, congrats on your 7 big years! How did this slip past our radar? That is just incredible. I hope you know how proud of you we are. Great job!
                          :dancin:
                          Cold here, too, Lav! Brrrr!
                          Hope everyone has a peaceful evening. Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Happy Un Hung Thursday everyone! Just waiting for a case to call at work and thought I would say hi.

Thanks for the article G, I am going to read that one. YOLO baby!

Ouch Byrdie, breaking your tailbone? Just the thought of that gives me the shivers.

It’s cooling down here too. Yesterday it went up to 19C and today -4C, holee chit! It has been snowing today which is good because it is very dry here. Speaking of dry, thank you on the 7th year congratulations everyone. YOLO right?

Hello Pav, Wags, Ken, SLO, NS, Evabody!

Have a good one and don’t drink today.
                            Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

We actually had a snow shower today, short lived but unexpected nonetheless!!
                              Sunny but windy & cold, same for tonight so I guess my plants will spend another night indoors. This is crazy because I know it will be hot as hell here next month, haha!

G, I heard a brief news report today about millennials rejecting 9-5 jobs because YOLO. OK, how are they planning to live? Moving back in with mom & dad? Haha!!!! My son was born in 1980 but he has old fashioned work ethics & would never willingly move back here. I’m grateful both of my kids are hard workers, I’ve done the mothering thing, Lol

Wags, hope your day was splendid

Byrdie, I take turmeric too & boy it does help with knee & hip aches & pains!
                              All hip & knee replacement patients are up & out of bed the next day, it’s totally necessary to keep those new joints from freezing up & it’s good for their heart & lungs & preventing blood clots. The only time it’s a problem is when you have an uncooperative patient but the nurses & PTs usually win, haha!

Narilly, if you’re looking for warmer weather head down this way next month We usually have a quick transition to hot & humid weather every spring.
                              Hope your day was good today.

Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for everyone.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I feel for you, KENSHO, with never getting a spare minute to post; what with work and homeschooling and kids home. At least son is back in school now.

Congratulations on passing your 7-year mark, Narilly! You’re in the big leagues now!
                                That does suck about your knee.
                                Annie Grace has a podcast called, “This Naked Mind”.

Wags, you & your wife really do understand! I’m nervous about this surgery, but glad that at least there’s a potential fix.
                                Meanwhile, I dug my knee brace from the first surgery in 2005 out of the basement, and it is providing just the right amount of support!

My big problem is that, after I missed my meds and fell apart and 1.) got moody, 2.) had an emotional outburst over something and 3.) stood up for myself that time; HB now says he definitely wants a divorce, and is meeting with a lawyer tomorrow. I just don’t see how I can go through these together!!

I had a bone scan today, and will see the surgeon on Tuesday.

Best wishes to all of you for a safe Nest night.
                                Last edited by Slo; April 22, 2021, 07:17 PM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X