Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Happy Un Hung Sunday everyone!

Just wanted to say hi. I see there have been a lot of dentist visits lately. Funny because I have been to the dentist 3 times in the past month. I guess we are on a roll.

Wags, a bike ride to the farmers market sound awesome. I love going to the farmers market. I agree, it is a big social event (especially for me) as I am a very sociable person. That is one of the reasons I drank so much

Have a good one everybody, and don't drink today!
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Well we’re at the beginning of heatwave #4 which will go all the way until Saturday, yuck. I just can’t stand summers anymore, way too hot. I’m concerned about the planet heating up & we’re doing nothing to change things. What kind of future will our grandkids have? Scares me to even think about that.
      Feeling pretty good today, just a bit tired (or lazy), haha!

Ava, good to hear from you & so glad your surgery went well. Everyone is a bit of a goofball coming out of anesthesia, some come out laughing & some crying Lol
      Sorry you’re working so hard though. Take good care!

Narilly, so you’re on the dental train too, good for you!

Hellos to G & Wags & everyone stopping by later.

Have a safe night in the nest everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, Everyone:

We made it to the Farmer's Market. Neither of us had eaten, so we stood in line for the best Dim Sum I've had in a long time - but it was a long line. In the end, we had to grab a couple of things and leave for a lunch date we had. We'll go back now that we've made it up there. So much to eat, see and EAT. Yum. I'd like to ride my bike, but it is a bit too far.

Sorry everyone is so hot - it is so scary to me how quickly we have heated up. The reservoirs here are all dry, and we're having rare 100 degree days just north of us. I hope the big polluters will take notice and act. It is hard not to be pessimistic!

Anyway...

Happy SOBER Sunday.
        Pav

Comment

Nar - great to see you! Sorry to hear about the dental work but hopefully you're all set now.

Pav - hooray for getting to your farmer's market!

Lav and Pav - it's very scary to see (and feel) how quickly we are heating up. I read an article just this weekend that focused on what the continent of North America will be like during the years of 2040-2070. They're projecting that our agricultural areas will shift northward, certain crops like corn and soy will be significantly impacted, some coastal cities will flood regularly (more regularly?) or become uninhabitable, people will migrate north in large numbers toward, etc etc. Even though this article focused on North America, we all know that every continent will be impacted similarly, even if the directions might be different especially in the southern hemisphere. It was frightening, and it feels like very few people/countries/companies are taking this seriously.

On that cheery note I'll say goodnight to you all. Hope the new week brings happiness and health with some fun thrown in!
          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi Nesters

Ava, I'm very pleased your first dental procedure went well. I bet you can't wait for it to all be finished!

The extreme weather around the world is troubling indeed. Hope those in the heat are staying cool as possible, and those in the cold are staying warm. Without alcohol, which adds nothing at all and only makes it harder for the body to regulate itself!

My Mum had a stroke on Saturday just gone. She is not expected to live more than a few days to a week at best. I feel like there is a spear through my heart. Consolation is that after years of living with dementia and without my Dad who passed in 2015, she will be free and out of pain.

I. Will. Not. Drink.

Steadfast
            AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Aww Steady, I am sorry to hear about your Mum. It is hard losing our parents at any age. You are right though, she will soon be free :hug:
              I know you won’t drink because we know now that helps nothing & just makes us sick. Please take care, will be thinking of you & your family.

Yep, the hot weather continues, the heat index today was 102, ugh. We’ve had thunder rolling for hours but no storm & the communities around us have had flooding rain. My son lives a mere 7 miles away & said they had rain there, weird.

Pav, love Dim sum, glad you made it to the farmers market yesterday. My brother lives in northern CA & said the projected temp yesterday was for 112, yuck. Breaks my heart hearing about the fires too. Keep yourselves safe.

Wags, the majority of the farms around here grow corn & soybeans for animal feed. I guess they will be out of business in the not too distant future, how sad. What’s it going to take to. Wake people the hell up?? I just want a planet my grandkids & their kids can live on.

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hola nesters,
                Checking in after a near miss tonight. I had some pulled pork in the crockpot and started some rice in the rice cooker...I've been dwelling on something today that makes me sad. I heard that damn AL monster trying to sweet talk me while I was waiting for dinner to get done. Then AHA! went for a nice slow walk in the heat...and when I came back dinner was done, I ate and told that AL monster to kiss my backside.

I'm so sorry about your Mom, Steady. Like Lav says, it is hard to lose your parents at any age. Fortunately when both of my parents passed away (within 2 1/2 years of each other) it was during my almost 5 year AF time. I was so glad that I was sober (as was my brother who also had an AL problem) to be present for the ends of their lives.

Ava...I'm sure you are glad that the dental procedure is over with. You will be a whole new Ava...according to your plan! Kudos to you and what a great example you are about turning your life around.

I am pretty tired, so I'm just gonna pack up the food for hubby and he can dig it out when he comes home.

Goodnight/day to all!
                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Hi Nester's,

Steady, so sorry to hear this sad news. I hope your mum is as comfortable as possible at this time. Take care of yourself my friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi, All:

So sorry, Steady. That is so difficult. Of course you won't drink because you don't drink.

Way to flex that sober muscle, Belle. Sounds like a good meal.

I have anxiety this week - no real reason but maybe hormones? Anyone else get that (sorry Mr. G)?

Happy SOBER Tuesday,
                    Pav

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Still so hot & oppressively humid, yuck. All I can manage is running from my car into a store then running back to the car. No relief in sight until Sunday, maybe. I need to go out again tomorrow & get a few watermelons for my chickens to keep them hydrated, poor things.
                      This weather & AL would be a terrible mix, grateful to be long done with that!

Belle, good job distracting yourself, works every time
                      I can remember doing loops around my large yard to get my thinking on the right track.

Hi there G

Pav, yes hormone fluctuations cause anxiety - been there & done that. I left mine untreated for so long I ended trying to handle it with copious amounts of wine & we all know how that turned out.
                      I was eventually put Lexapro for 2 years then told to stop taking it & it all started coming back. I found a good substitute OTC called Amoryn. I started that nearly 13 years ago, just before my final quit. I still take 1 capsule a day just for maintenance purposes, helps me feel better. Don’t put up with the anxiety for too long like I did.

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

TJAF, congrats on your big milestone! We are so happy for you.
                        Steady, our hearts are breaking for you. I am wishing you comfort and strength. What you are experiencing is hard. Please know we are holding you close in our thoughts.
                        Cataract surgery tomorrow morning early. (Young thing like me). Nervous about it, but it must be done.
                        wishing everyone a cozy night in the nest. Hugs to all, Byrdie.
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, wishing you the best for tomorrow’s surgery. I had to take my mom to report bright & early for cataract surgery last Fall. It sure is a fast surgery. HB has already had a cataract surgery too; in his 50s.

I went to a nephew’s wedding shower on Sunday. Not a shower where you play games, open gifts, and drink lemonade; it was a “couple’s shower” -3 hours of drinking at a bar, with an open bar. But they had no-alcohol IPA beer; it was good, and flavorful!
                          And luckily I missed the beginning of the party where I hear they all rushed to the pop-up bar to get their fancy drinks, and talked up all the glories of their drinks and booze in general.

Then off to help daughter take care of Beckett & Mabel while her HB was out of town! It’s fun having this opportunity to draw closer to daughter, and being closely involved with the growing little babies. Lots of time to cuddle that newborn, which just fills my heart!

Now home, for the first time in 12 days, where blessedly there is no heat wave.

Steady, sorry you’re losing your other parent now, after years of caregiving for them and being so involved. It was hard when my MIL was dying a few years ago...but also that conflict of being a blessing too, after the many years of dementia.

Goodnight to all!
                          Last edited by Slo; July 14, 2021, 06:27 AM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Steady - I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum. Hold onto that positive perspective that she will no longer be in pain. As others have said, it's never easy to lose a parent, and I'm sorry your walking this path right now. Sending you love, strength and hugs :hug:

Byrdie - I hope all goes smoothly with your surgery tomorrow. I've known several people who had cataract surgery and the only thing they all said was that they wished they had done it sooner. Sending you clear-eyed healing vibes.

Enjoying a day off here and I really needed it! So glad I no longer drink or today would've likely been wasted (no pun intended). Happy almost-Hump Day nesters!
                            Last edited by wagmor; July 13, 2021, 10:20 PM.
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Steadfast, so sorry about your mom. My mom is 94 and I dread the day we lose her. I'm wishing you and your mom peace
                              Byrdie, I had both eyes done in the last 6 months. Piece of cake. 20/20 vision for the first time in my life. You'll be amazed. My only regret wasn't splurging on the lens to correct for reading. With that said $6000 is a lot of dollar store readers. Good luck
                              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hi, All:

Not much to report today, but here to check in. I hope you all are having good weeks.

Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X