Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Mild day around here although it is a bit warmer & more humid. We’re supposed to be hit with another storm tonight with possible tornado potential. I sure hope not after last week’s mess.
    A kind neighbor handed me 12 beautiful apples so I cooked them up with some dairy free butter & tons of cinnamon & some nutmeg - yum . Good to add to a meal or use as a topping for dessert, whatever you like. ‘Tis the season for delicious things, haha!!

Byrdie, I’ve got the redecorating bug too but I’m starting with outside projects (new shutters, new door paint colors), that sort of thing. I am so grateful that we can do these things with a clear head
    Enjoy your improvements & have fun.

Wags, happy hump day to you!

Pav, your grandma day will come & you’ll love it too. I have stayed on my plan mostly for them, I consider them my reward. The oldest is turning 13 in November & I have to admit I had a lot more energy then, haha!! Keep enjoying your daily yoga.

Mulburry, tell us how you are doing? Good to see you checking in.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Quick check-in tonight. I have a super early class tomorrow (teaching at 630am) and I need to go to sleep soon. Hope everyone is going well in these last days of summer (or winter, as the case may be!).

Big waves to everybody!
      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good morning:

Mulberry and Overit, how is it going? Where are you both in your quits? How can we help?

Quick drive by on my way to work this morning. Stay safe Lav and anyone on the East Coast.

Pav

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
          Mulburry, tell us how you are doing? Good to see you checking in.
          Unfortunately I had to delay my detox attempt by about a week due to possible covid exposure (some insane timing on that), so I'm just waiting to see if I come down with any symptoms and will get a test and go ahead if I'm all clear next week.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We enjoyed a nice day today after a night of thunderstorms. Nothing damaged around here like last week thank goodness!

Wags & Pav, hope you both had a good day!

Mulberry, covid exposure is something on everyone’s mind. I hope you stay symptom free & can go ahead with your plan.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav - glad you weren't hit with anything nearly as bad as last week's weather!

Mulberry - hope you stay symptom free. Please keep us posted.

Overit - you hanging in there? Any updates you can share?

Pav - how are things going with the start of school? Are you based out of one specific school or does your work take you to several campuses? Don't forget to vote! I am so nervously watching (Calif is not just our southern neighbor but also my home state) and am about as close to praying as I ever get that the results turn out ok.

Happy Fridays to everyone!
              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

Wags, I'm at one school. The year is going great so far. The students are very glad to be back in person so I would say in general are grateful and showing it. I would say that the teachers and staff appear to be at their limits - so much to worry about in so many facets. There was dry lightning overnight (and RAIN in some places) that is generally a big fire danger. People are on edge about COVID and the recall, and Texas and all of it. The kids are alright - its the adults I'm worried about. Don't worry - I voted! There are a lot of CA transplants up there, right?

Mulberry, good luck!

I am so very glad it is Friday. Looking forward to a sober, relaxing weekend.

Pav

Comment

Good evening all Nesters,

Nice day on the COOL side here, I appreciate that!!
                  Turns out I have my 10 yr old grandson for the night. We stuffed him full of fettuccine Alfredo at Applebees, he loves that & I can’t make it here, haha!

Wags, my brother lives near Sacramento so I am also hoping for the best for CA

Pav, glad the year is starting off as well as possible considering everything. Maybe all the adults need to turn to some good meditation to help them thru the current issues. Enjoy your weekend.

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hello,

I helped daughter with the grand-babies for a couple few days. It helps a lot to be with her and the babies, and her nice husband.

Tomorrow I go alone to a family reunion that I have mixed feelings about…it’s my dad’s side; he’s dead, brother who committed suicide last year is now dead and lying in the cemetery there too near the reunion site. Mother bullied them both, first Dad, then did the same to brother for the sin of looking like Dad instead of her. But she’ll be at the reunion charming the pants off of everyone, who don’t see what she’s like behind closed doors and what she does to people. Questions will be asked about brother. Then there’s my divorce: the cat’s out of the bag since mother knows now -which means everyone will know now.

But I will escape when I need to, and head to daughter’s college town. Stay overnight in a motel, then take daughter out for breakfast or brunch on Sunday, and bring her things that she forgot from home.

As of today, I’m all done doing husband’s laundry! And all done cooking for him. And all done talking to him too, for the most part. He had his lawyer contact mine today.

Have a safe night in the Nest.
                    Last edited by Slo; September 10, 2021, 09:37 PM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Greetings, Nesters!

I haven't been here for a while, so have quite a bit to read back on. Just wanted to say hello, hope all are hanging in there (or better than hanging in there)!

Now I might be mistaken, but a little bird told me [MENTION=1865]Mr G[/MENTION] would have THREE AMAZING YEARS clocked up about now........Am I right?! Congratuf*ckinlations! :thumbsup:

Take care, everyone,
                      Steady
                      :heartbeat:
                      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Pav - that's great that the students are so glad to be back and that they're generally appreciative. I can totally see how the adults would be pretty freakin' stressed out though. Did you see the video of the school in Michigan where the parents showed up, armed with guns, and encouraged the students to defy the mask mandate as they gathered outside the school entry doors on the first day back? Ugly stuff. Yes, loads of CA transplants up here (including me!).

Steady - good to see you!

Mr G - should we put 3 candles on one of Byrdie's cakes for you to celebrate???

Lav - you seem like such a wonderful g'ma! I bet your grandkids just love having days and overnights with you.

Slo - sounds like the reunion will be a challenge for sure. Good idea to have a plan for leaving and going to see your daughter right afterwards. That'll give you something to look forward to and will hopefully help you end the weekend on a high note.

I'm so happy tomorrow is Saturday. I have most of the day off (just one class with a student I love working with). I'm grateful for the abundance of work, and I'll also be grateful when it eases up a bit in about 4 weeks.

Hellos and waves to all!
                        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hola friends,

Thanks Wags and Steady for the reminder and the mention. 3 candles on a Ms. Byrdy made cake would be an honour to be sure. I think 3 years is around the 13th, but i don't mind beginning celebrations right now!

Hope you're having an easy day there Over it.

Mulberry, good luck and hope you're going ok.

What's the vote for in Cali? is Arnie coming back? Either way i hope it's the best outcome for my friends here.

Thinking of you all in the USA on September 11th.

Take it easy.
                          Last edited by Guitarista; September 11, 2021, 06:21 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

LAV & Byrdie... Yea for home projects! They make all the difference when we spend time at home. Drunken pink shutters no more

Wags, we definitely feel fall in the air here. Less light and cooler am/pm temps. If only we had the clear air quality to go with it! Hope your class went well. I'm not sure I would be good at much that early!

Slo, sounds like you have a good escape plan. You seem to have a positive relationship with your daughter. That's wonderful! Remember that you don't have to do anything that you don't want to do.

Hi Steady! Glad to see you check in! You sound positive!

GMAN, I remember when we were both yo-yo-ing and struggling. And now - almost 3 yeas!? I hope you write about how much life is different now. The election in CA is a recall election for the Democratic governor - not on merit, but on the other side's desire for power. At least that is how I view it.

We visited a mountain town last night. I got in line for pizzas, and ordered my husband a margarita. Carried it back for him, held it a bit. It's amazing how it doesn't trigger me much these days. It's just not something I do. It's just another cup of something I can't ingest, and I don't look at it longingly at all. I would have never thought I'd feel that way, staring a drink down. I like my life now and don't want to go back to obsessing and sneaking and lying and being controlled by a stupid, poisonous substance.
                            Last edited by KENSHO; September 11, 2021, 10:01 AM.
                            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, All:

I love a three day celebration. Congratulations, Mr. G! Speech, speech!

The recall started because people don't like the covid restrictions he put in place. Also, he is fairly liberal - way too much for some, and not enough for others. He used to be married to Kimberly Guilfoyle who is now Don Junior's wife which is just a factoid and has nothing to do with the recall. The CA system is very messed up. Basically he has to earn 50+ percent of the vote (no to the recall) or he will lose his job and the next highest vote getter - even if it is fewer votes - will become our Governor. Ultimately a very expensive and undemocratic process.

Isn't that nice, Kensho. No desire for that crap at all... Thank goodness we don't drink.

Sorry for your situation, Slo. Could you ever - would you ever - say NO to that situation? Are there family members you really want to see at the reunion, or is it best to keep yourself away from the toxicity? At least you'll be sober to drive to the motel and see your daughter. Sorry that your husband is being such a shit head.

Belle, are you still around?? LC?? Hope all is ok. You, too, Mulberry.

Happy SOBER Saturday,
                              Pav

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Had a pretty good day, grandson just left to go home.
                                Still on the coolish side here but the warmer weather will be returning I hear, oh well.

Slo, I’m thinking like Pav - do you really need to attend that reunion? It’s a shame your mother is so difficult. Keep your focus on your needs & enjoy a visit with your daughter. Now that your husband suddenly has to take care of his daily chores, maybe he’ll change his attitude a little.

Steady, good to see you

Wags, I’ve always had a close relationship with my grandsons fortunately. Since their other grandmother was killed in a car accident about 18 months ago I feel I need to step up even more.
                                I hope your Saturday went well!

G, Happy almost 3 years :yay:
                                It just keeps getting better & better, right?

Kensho, there’s really no desire left in me for drinking anymore. We know what will happen so the decision to keep saying No Thanks is an easy one!

Pav, hope your weekend is relaxing!

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X