Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Dealing with the return of summer here with heat & humidity, yuck.
    We had reason to visit our old home town today & it was sad in so many ways. Things don’t always change for the good, if you know what I mean. I have memories of growing up & raising my kids in a great town but there’s no going back I guess.

LC, please consider making a commitment to post daily. I don’t care if you have nothing to report or say, just check in with us. We tend to influence one another for all the right reasons.
    I am sorry you are struggling right now but you don’t have to continue to struggle. The best day I ever had was the day I decided to stop fighting my demons & throw in the towel & give up!! Every single day after that was easier & easier. Get yourself set up for your day 1, make the commitment & jump in with both feet. You know we’ll all be here with open arms to catch you :hug:

Kensho, I hope your daughter is OK & she’s just dealing with the usual back to school respiratory stuff. Take care of her & yourself too.

NS, cookies?? You?? How did this ever happen? Haha!!! I guess we’re all just human after all & sometimes a cookie does sound good. I tend to throw things to my chickens when I know I shouldn’t be eating them & they appreciate a snack

Steady, good to see you. Congrats on the new job, hope it’s a good one

Slo, glad you made it thru the weekend OK. That took a lot of courage, give yourself a big pat on the back.
    Fortunately I do not have to do that early morning trek to my grandsons often. It was just an odd day that neither parent could be there at that hour.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
      hi Nesters,

Gman, well done! I'm so happy for you. that you've found your freedom.:love:

I haven't been checking in so much because i still don't have my shit together.. I'm acting as a solid wall of strength and wisdom to others, but I'm not following through with the wisdom i'm offering to others.. i feel like a fraud and i am. We're having such a hard time with my sister.. with mental health issues, legal issues, etc., and my mom is at the end of her rope.. we've spoken often and I suggested that she go back to aa to get some support.. she's been sober many, many years, but feels more shaky at the moment than she ever has, always in tears.. she went to 3 meetings last week, which helped her a lot.. but why can't i follow my own advice? it's getting more and more difficult to stop and get a day 1/some sober time.. i got so much great advice/encouragement last month, and i am trying to move forward.. ugghhh.. i'm the most broken of the broken records..
      i've started a daily journal, but really want to have this be a base/source of support/strengrh as well..
      Thanks LC! I appreciate your words. Thanks sister Slo and Sugar babe. Slo, looks from here like you're doing an incredible job keeping yourself on track amid the storm. You're a legend.

LC, you're a legend too mi amiga. Often when a lot is going on in our life, breaking it way down into (my approach to chaos) - 'ok, 50 things to address, but today i'm going to do just one important thing (the hardest phone call or conversation!) on that list today and cross it off.' For the rest of the day, i'm gonna control what i can (me) and walk with as much calmness as i can muster through the eye of the storm, chaos. And all will be ok. Things will fall where they're meant to in this moment. I cannot control the outcome, only do the best i can with the info and resources i have now. I will be solutions focused, never take on toooo much at once, and deal with one thing today, the hardest thing, and git it done. Just how i'd look at things. I've only found breaking problems down into bite sized chunks is the only way i can deal with chaos and turmoil. Hope things settle down there and your family will be ok. Take care of yourself.

Big waves to evabody! Cool pad Byrdy! Class.

Surf's up!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G man, I like your approach! How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. I had a goal and figured out how to get there. I had to let go of things that derailed me. I learned to support myself in the effort. Every day AF was and IS a victory. The best part? We aren’t alone. All if the support you could want or need is right here!
        Kensho, that thing in the corner is a wind chime. It’s a silver teapot in the middle and most of the piece is made of old keys. It tinkles every time the A/C comes on, I don’t hear it anymore, but when I used to work in there, customers would ask if I was outside. Thank you for the kind words, that means a lot coming from you.

7D7D78DF-32C8-4DA2-A22E-337791AD1C80.jpg
        Last edited by Byrdlady; September 15, 2021, 11:37 AM.
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie - cool new room! Did you make the wind chime or buy it somewhere?

LC - you aren't broken my friend. Come back to the nest -- we are all stronger together.

Kensho - hope your daughter feels better very soon and that she's able to get her 2nd vax dose Thu as planned.

Things are good here. My dad's hip is healing well, and he is continuing to use the walker all of the time which makes me very happy (he needs it). Tomorrow is just one class so we'll have time for a bike ride! That is my joy (or at least one activity that brings me joy) and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

What brings you joy?
          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Biking is my joy too, Wags, and I miss it during the long off season here. Plus it is something I can do with my artificial knee. I had a fabulous ride yesterday!

I discovered a new joy yesterday evening: water aerobics!! My knee never healed very well, and I’m back on the NSAID pain pill, plus the NSAID pain gel, plus a soft brace. Water aerobics might be the ticket to strengthening the muscles etc. around it to hopefully stabilize it better, without further irritating it! Plus I love being in the water!

Byrdie, I remember that former customer of yours who made sure to bother you every Friday. Ignoring his note sounds like a wise decision. You dropped that awful, toxic job, so he goes out the window with it.
            You’re right that a divorce is something very painful that just has to be endured. And at least I won’t have death by a thousand cuts anymore from someone who was never all that nice to me (like your former customer whom you had to put up with for 28 years).

Thanks for checking in, everyone! LC, stick with us. Like was said, we draw strength from one another!
            Last edited by Slo; September 15, 2021, 08:43 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I know most of you tend to stay in this thread, so just thought i'd post a link to my detox updates in this thread, just in case anyone's interested: https://www.mywayout.org/community/t...342-detox.html

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Another hot day as promised & I hope we get some storms tonight to cool things down a bit.

Mulburry, I didn’t know you had your own thread going, I just left you a note.
                Keep stopping in here as well to let us know how you’re doing. Be safe!

Slo, I am picturing a much kinder future for you. Your daughters & grandbabies will be your focus as you take back control of your life. Wishing you the very best :hug:

Wags, hope. You enjoyed the bike ride today. I stepped out of the house this morning to let the chickens out for the day & was smacked in the face with a heavy haze that burned my eyes & nose. It’s hard to believe the wildfire smoke can travel all this way. The sun was dark orange already like it was at sunset last night.

Hello to Byrdie & G & everyone.

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mulburry, thank you for keeping us posted. Detoxing is something you only want to do once, so we are with you. Keep yourself busy and .your mind occupied. We are thinking of you and sending you our best. Hugs to you and congratulations on getting your sober life underway.
                  76D76BEF-1E85-4483-B734-F0B72DE073C4.jpg
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                    Mulburry, I didn’t know you had your own thread going, I just left you a note.
                    Thanks. Ya I figured I'd make it a separate thread so I'm not constantly spamming you all in here, haha.

biking is my joy too, Wags, and I miss it during the long off season here. Plus it is something I can do with my artificial knee. I had a fabulous ride yesterday!
                    Haven't biked in ages, but just getting outside in nice weather and into nature, would be one of mine for sure. It's amazing how much of mood lift that can be. As I haven't been working for a while, long walks every day (weather permitting) are a must for me pretty much.
                    Last edited by Mulburry; September 15, 2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Mulberry - I just dropped you a note in your thread too. Thanks for sharing the link.

Lav - that's crazy that you're getting wildfire smoke all the way out there!

Pav - I'm SO relieved for the results of the California election yesterday. Hooray!!!

Early morning class tomorrow so I'm gonna say goodnight. Hope you all are having good weeks.
                      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by wagmor View Post

Pav - I'm SO relieved for the results of the California election yesterday. Hooray!!!
                        Is Arnie back?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Had a day full of clouds but not too awfully hot. Now we’re waiting for yet another thunderstorm like last night.
                          Sneaking out when I can to get some extra steps in daily. Just can’t go walking when it’s intensely hot & humid. I also had a last minute call to get my grandsons to school again today but got it done.

Mulburry, you can spam us all you like, that’s perfectly fine & we know you’re doing OK

Wags, isn’t it amazing the wildfire smoke made it from coast to coast? Crazy. Hope your day was fabulous. I’m happy about the election results too

G, no Arnie is not back but the current governor can now stay in place. The opposing party was trying to turf him - it didn’t work, haha!!

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav - once again a good thing you don't drink so you're able to be up and out the door on short notice for those morning trips to school. Quitting drinking really is the gift that keeps on giving, in a good way!

G - no Arnie in office, although he did promise he'd "be back"

Ava, Nar, Belle - you doing ok out there?

LC - how about you?

Happy Friday everyone!
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good morning!

There’s no smoke from the wildfires here, thankfully.

Wags, you had your wife’s hip and your dad’s hip to contend with this year! If he’s using his walker, then hopefully that will prevent another fall.

I agree that being out in nature is truly a tonic and very healing, Mulburry. May it help you weather the early days.

My sister & I took our niece out for dinner and shopping last evening for her 13th birthday present. That was fun.

I’m alone now in the house for a few days as HB is on a golfing trip with his friend. Getting a taste of what it will be like. It’s sometimes peaceful and sometimes lonely, but being with him is lonely also; just a different kind of lonely.
                              Thank you for the true & comforting words, Lav. The process is started now: he filed for divorce, and I’m having to sign e-papers, and getting junk mail from divorce lawyers now.

Wishing a good day to everyone here, and to our missing people too!
                              Last edited by Slo; September 17, 2021, 08:19 AM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Sitting outside since it’s not raining for a change. Lots of clouds today but that made it cooler I think.
                                I have an embroidery job to get started on so I’ll be busy this weekend. Not like we ever do ‘weekend things here’, haha!!

Wags, you hit the nail on the head. When my first grandson was born I decided right there & then that I had to clean up my act once & for all. I knew I wanted to spend time with him so I knew what I had to do. I have never regretted my decision . Hope your weekend is relaxing.

Slo, that’s nice you spent time with your sister & niece for her birthday. 13 is a big one, my grandson will be turning 13 the end of November.
                                It takes some time adjusting to living alone but you will learn to love the peace. You deserve that, never forget.

Hello to the rest of the crowd, hope everyone is OK & just busy.
                                Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X