Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Checking in with you nesters,
    Great to feel great on a Tuesday morning. I had a long sleep...after driving daughter back to college.

Slo, yes I read that it is not the best idea, but the divorce filing was out of your control. And it sounds like you won't be moving out until earliest, June. Don't beat yourself up. You are doing what is best for you, and in the long run that is best for our kids. I find myself wanting to complain to daughter about husband, but he is still her dad and I need to remember always to keep my mouth shut.

In our state, when you get your permit, you have to log 40hrs of driving practice with an adult. It took daughter a long time to get through that because she had a boyfriend at the time who she was always "busy" with, and then he got his license and took her everywhere. Then we had a "hiatus" when she was driving poorly and I asked her to pull over and she said "no". The same day she started kvetching about how "all her friends" have their own car. She didn't drive at all then until she made a time to sit down with us to discuss these issues. She was stubborn and it took her a couple of months.

I am going into the office today...need to "show up" and get away from hubs who is working from home. It is a good thing to be out with other humans who treat me well.

Have a great sober day, all.
    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

hi Nesters,

wow, Belle and Slo, difficult times for both of you in your relationships.. the advice given here is great. Hold tight and know you've got a lot of people supporting you..:love:
      Kensho, I love your idea! Keep us posted on the developments as you dream and plan!
      Lav, if I lived closer, I'd definitely be your chicken sitter.. any day! My friend only has 6 which is very manageable.. I loved how they ran to greet me each morning, hoping for a treat! Such funny creatures..
      NS, I was sure wishing I had an Ebike for the uphill parts of our trip! Did get a good leg workout though.. it wasn't a super far ride, but hilly!
      Wags, biking isn't my favourite sport, as it is yours! It's so challenging for me and the only way I can do it is if I have a goal end point! I love riding in town for transportation, but those long treks kill me!:happy2: I know the way now, though, and that I can do it, so I will go that way more often next spring when the weather warms up again!

All is well here.. Another happy AF day, as they most often are. We're getting used to being - one girl and are looking forward to going over on Friday for a paint/boyfriends bday party.
      Not much else to report..

Hugs to everyone! xxx

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We had a quick rain shower this morning followed by a day of sun, no complaints. Got my walk in, my 9 year old dog has been a good walking buddy.
        I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon for an echocardiogram to see what’s going on in there that may be affecting my B/P., should be interesting.

Slo, my son has been on those long bike ride events when he worked at various fire departments in NJ while he was in college. They were essentially pub crawls & firefighters love their beer. Glad you had a good crew with you . Wow, that’s exciting about the new condo, hope it works out for you.

Wags, Kensho hello to both of you!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hola friends,

Good luck with the Doc appt. Lav.

If i lived near Lav, i'd happily be one of her chickens. Why i'd get my own embroidered jacket, comfortable lodgings, food and water, and even a little Lava'tude if i'm lucky.

It's great to feel great isn't it Belle? That's our natural state more often than not. We are not designed to live in misery most of the time. The formula is the other way around i've discovered.

Big waves to evabody. How are you doing Byrdy?

Surfs up.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Belle and Slo, I would venture to guess that it is helpful to avoid going through too many difficult, life-changing things at a time when possible. But, in my opinion, it IS a good idea to move toward healthy relationships. Doing it when it's harder just makes us stronger. GO SLO - You have a whole new life ahead of you, where you get to choose the people that you let into your life.

Good to see everyone here today. I have to run and take the kids to school - then do boring work until a work party for the opening night of the showhouse space I designed. I get so nervous for these events as other people always know other people and I usually go alone. I am going to try to branch out and network and I hope it is fun.

Keep flexing those sober muscles... we will all be made of steel when we are done.
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hey Nesters,

Nice day here in these parts & I got my testing done without any problems, yay! I have to wait a few weeks to see the cardiologist again for results but I can wait.

G, haha you can move in with my chickens anytime. I’ll try to clean the joint up a bit for you first, LOL
              Hope your day is going well

Kensho, can you drag a good friend along with you for some support? I’m not really comfortable going anywhere myself either to be honest. Try to enjoy the event & seeing people’s reactions to your hard work

I hope everyone else is doing well & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Another quick check-in for me. This week and next are crazy busy for me with work and then things will ease up a bit.

Hellos and waves to Lav, Kensho, Slo, LC and everyone else stopping by the nest. Sounds like good weeks for the most part. Don't drink!
                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good morning Nest. My party was really, really fun! It's perhaps the first time ever that I just walked up to groups that were talking and introduced myself. I met some great people! I got there late because I got a flat tire on my way to pick up my daughter from school - and while I was cranking the jack in the school parking lot, a nice man offered to help me. I could have done it, but not that fast! I was thankful and I got there with enough time to enjoy myself.

Tire fixing and much work today though. Thinking of everyone - people seem to be BUSY right now!! Drinking is NOT healthy, helpful, and the negatives so far outweigh the perceived positives that it is just not worth it!!!

Best to everyone today. We are all in this together, and I'm so lucky to know you all!
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

hi Nesters!

So glad the party went well, Kensho, and that you stepped past fears and introduced yourself to people! And with great results.. love it when that happens. Well done! And I guess you got a lot of positive feedback about the space you designed..:happy2: I meant to say a long time ago that I was impressed by the way you were able to describe Byrdie's new space (gorgeous space, Byrdie!) in such nice detail! I looked at the photo she posted and thought, WOW, but then had to keep going back to look as I read your post.. Wish you were here to help figure out to do with my newly acquired bedroom!.. though for a while I'm going to leave it just how my daughter left it.. we'll be calling it Louisa's room for a long while to come, I think..

Glad you got through the testing without any problems, Lav.. I'm sure everything will be fine . You'll let us know!.:love: If G moves in with the chickens, then I'll be able to see him as well when I chicken sit!!

I worked an 11 hour day today, running around like a lunatic trying to get everything done.. my colleague was sick but I did have a few lovely people jump into help at the critical times. For half a second I thought about drinking a huge glass of the luke warm wine I was using for cooking.. YUCK! Immediately my sane mind took over to remind me that, 1. I need to be in my full capacity to manage not just this day, but the next few as well, 2. I would continue to drink after that first glass and wouldn't be able to finish my work well, 3. I'd be back to trying for yet another day 1.. ughhh.. No thank you. I came home, had a nap, then a coffee, then sat on the sofa with my youngest for many episodes of Friends.. we laughed our heads off, ate dinner and ice cream together, she leaned against me and snuggled me with the cats.. If I'd decided to drink I would have passed out, left her alone and missed out on everything. No way..

Off to bed now.. Hugs to all of you and see you tomorrow..xx

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Feeling a bit chilly here today but I love this weather
                      I’m a pretty lucky person to have two potential chicken sitters, thanks G & LC, haha!!! I’m keeping up with my doc ordered walking 60 minutes each day, feels pretty good actually. When the weather turns bad I do have a treadmill I can use but it’s not as much fun.

Kensho, so glad you enjoyed the party, I knew you could do it!! Changing tires is something I can’t do anymore, glad you had some assistance with that task. Our AF lives keep getting better & better

LC, sounds like you got through the random drinking thought just fine. WHY would we want to mess up our AF time anyway - life is better this way & we all know that.
                      It’s great that you have special time with your younger daughter now, she’ll remember that for a long time to come.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thank you for the kind words about my new office, Belle. I’m really enjoying it and it doesn’t feel like I’m walking in to a space with bad juju anymore. So that was a positive step. Change is hard, even if we know it’s for the best. Weird, that.
                        In chocolate making, there are techniques that use vodka to get various effects. Even after all this time, I do not trust myself to #1 have it lying around the house and #2, to actively work with it and SEE it in front of me. As I have often said, I can resist anything but temptation. There is always another choice, I don’t need to put myself in a precarious position for the sake of a chocolate! Speaking of….I had a dentist appointment on Toozday after which I ran to the craft store to get my favorite chocolate. They are still out! It’s approaching two months! I was so upended that I forgot to get orange colored chocolate, dang it (for Halloween). I went online to find my favorite and the maker of it is out! Ugg! It’s salted dark chocolate and mighty good, it’s almost all I use, but I guess the supply chain issues are taking a bite out of my hobby! I made some yesterday, vanilla chocolate (colored Tiffany blue) over mini vanilla Oreos.
                        A26A87AC-CA0D-4887-95D2-1835FE176865.jpg
                        Mulburry, I hope that you are on the upswing of your detox. I found day 13 to be an absolutely pivotal day for me. It was the day I knew I could make it! I hope you reach that same mindset soon. It was such a blessing. We are all pulling for you!
                        Hope everyone has an easy evening. Hugs to all, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                          If G moves in with the chickens, then I'll be able to see him as well when I chicken sit!!

Oh yeah! I'll no doubt be heading to Europe sometime with a band when we can travel so if we don't catch up there, i'll see u at Lav's

then sat on the sofa with my youngest for many episodes of Friends.. we laughed our heads off, ate dinner and ice cream together, she leaned against me and snuggled me with the cats.. If I'd decided to drink I would have passed out, left her alone and missed out on everything. No way..

Off to bed now.. Hugs to all of you and see you tomorrow..xx
                          That's what it's ALL about!

Friend Kensho. Good work at the party. Did the convo go something like this? - ' Hi, i'm Kensho......Hi Kensho, nice to meet you. What do u do? - Well, i actually designed this space you knuckleheads, now go git me a plate of them there gluten free cookies pronto'....'Err, Yes ma'am'.

I note that when i get out of my comfort zone and put myself out there in a direction that's healthy it = personal growth.

Byrdy, those chocs look perfect. I reckon u could sell em to a royal family somewhere. I hear the Queen of England still has a few bucks.

How are you doing Narilly?

Big waves to evabody. Surf's up.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I was up helping daughter with the babies for a couple few days and fell behind here. Busy, but such a comfort. Off to the pumpkin farm we went today, with animals to pet too! Such fun.

So pleased for you that your open house showcase event went well, Kensho; and your plan to network ended up being a success! And all without the “social lubricant”!

LC, so great that you could see clearly what you would’ve missed by getting blitzed, and I’m glad that you were richly rewarded.

Byrdie, I guess it’s the supply chain if both stores and online don’t have your item. It feels insecure -never know what won’t be available when.

I got the condo!!! It feels good. But sad too, as I feel sad about the marriage. Mainly because HB seems kinda broken and lost. I hate the chasm between us. Wish I could reach him. Wish he loved me. Wish we got along.

Belle, a lot of the teens nowadays I’ve noticed are waiting until they’re older before getting their driver’s license.

Hi to all in the Nest. It’s Friday tomorrow: maybe [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION] will check in!
                            Last edited by Slo; October 3, 2021, 07:08 AM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Slo - congrats on getting the condo, even though I'm sure it's bittersweet.

Kensho - glad your event went so well, and that you met such great people.

Lav - hooray for a smooth Dr appt and I hope you get good news in a few weeks.

hellos and waves to G, LC, Belle, Byrdie and everyone else hanging out in the nest. Catch you all again tomorrow!
                              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hello to everyone,
                                Byrdie, just looking at those chocolates made my mouth water! What a talent you have!

Lots of good lessons shown here about what we can do when we don't drink. Slo, congrats on the condo...things will smooth out eventually. It's great you have littles to focus on, they are so amazing.

Slo, speaking of late driving teens, my son is 21 and doesn't even have his permit yet. He failed the test 3 times, and now has to take an 8 hour class to be able to test again. It is hard to find the time for him to even do that when he is going to school out of state. Speaking of son, he is coming home for fall break today! I will be so happy to see him.

Kensho...congrats on the showcase. Sounds like you did an amazing job even after having to deal with a flat tire!

LC, that was a good run through of where drinking that wine would have taken you. I need to remember to always "play it out" to the end to deter any crazy ideas.

Been a busy week finishing up the monthly clients, but now there is a lull for me as we gear up for next month. I need to get my son's sheets laundered before he arrives...they have been on his bed for the past 7 weeks!

Take care all...ttyl.
                                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Working...
                                X