Clear All

Newbies Nest

Have a good weekend!

Penguin signing out!
    Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE SQUIRREL
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;884536 wrote: Penguin signing out!
        I know pengers and that ain't no penger!
        No baby on the horizon.. sorry Fennel - don't think it's gonna be today. Sometime before Christmas would be real nice, though...
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

:bday7: Fennel! Are you really 49? The rest of us are only 29 :H:H:H:H

Sunni, I came looking for a baby report. Not yet, huh? I guess he'll get here when he's ready!

My raspberries are beginning to ripen - soon I'll be up to my eyeballs in them!! If anyone is in the neighborhood & wants to stop by, bring a bucket to pick your own

Wishing everyone strength, keep moving forward, you won't be sorry!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

Went out last night to the pub for pub grub with my fam. af night and it was much much easier than I had been thinking. So relieved and I had a good time. Actually had a decent conversation and joined in with no slurring or getting loud! Watched my bil though. He must have fueled up before he got there cause he was rather sloshed by the end of the night and no-one else was. Thankfully I'm not him this morning!!!

Hey Lav hello - good to see you just droppin by. Fen, up early to make the most of your day!! Coco - love that truck. Any wonder Fen has us so well fed and watered. Suns, does this baby know how many people are waiting for him/her!!!

Have a good af Saturday all. Lovely here just a little coolish breeze though but we really do have lovely winters.
            Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy birthday Fennel. 49 is a great vintage.

Congratulations, Mazzie. You did well. Isn't it interesting watching other people get drunk, especially when you can go home feeling smug and happy.

Hippy, I hope you got through the party OK. My daughter just turned 12, so I know how loud pre-teen girls can be. If I never hear Justin Bieber again it will be too soon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all......heading home in the morning. Hope everyone is doing well. I have missed the nest. Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Take care and will see you all tomorrow.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nora...hope you had a great break and visit with you friend. Safe trip back. )

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning guys.
                    Happy (belated) birthday Fennel. Sorry I missed it. All the good people are born in June. We have celebrations in full swing today being the actual day of my daughters birth! The last two days of celebrations were just the warm up.
                    I survived the party although they lasted longer than me. I left them at 12.45 AM!! and they continued on a bit longer I think. Wow and the are only 11/12 year olds..... what are they going to be like in four or five years???
                    I seem to be getting a bit of universal intervention lately. Whenever I feel like a drink, my husband comes home from golf pissed and reminds me what I would have been like in my previous life! Not pretty..... Just reinforces my decision NOT to drink.
                    Better get off and get organised. We are going to see the musical Mamma Mia today. I must be the only one in the whole world not to have seen it yet but thought I would treat the birthday girl and her grandma to the show. (Gonna need a long drink after spending the day with my mother though, not a wonder my dad drinks!!).
                    So have a good weekend - what's left of it
                    Hip
                    I finally got it!
                    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rode the wave today

I found MWO site last Monday, ordered the pdf book that day, ordered the 4 cd's and waiting for them, really hoping they arrive on Monday. I started the medication three days ago and it seems to be helping a little but today I had incredible waves of driving to visit friends and drinking in the sun for the afternoon, I fought it off. I staying home in my cave and this is my first entry, it felt like the appropriate time. Alcohol and I have had a love/hate relationship for over twenty seven years now and I at a place in my life now where I am strong enough to admit that it has been my escape of choice and I am so excited to be here.:new: This is the largest issue I have ever embraced in my life and I am so grateful for finding this site.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Raven Magic. Welcome. It will help if you can print out the book and read it. Not sure what meds you are taking but there is a bunch of info in the medication threads on the site. Try and read as much as you can, ask questions, and keep posting. I wish you luck and look forward to hearing much more from you...Techie
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Raven. I am with you.. its a huge issue to face and i have been struggling for so long but this place is great and some lovely people here who have and are experiencing the same problems as we are!!
                          Hi Techie!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Patrice how are you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I feel a bit ashamed because I still haven't started Day 1 but today I am .. its a Sunday here and there is nothing to do... but I am on the road for tomorrow for sure for sure, have got all the plans in place.
                              Are you doing ok?

Comment

Newbies Nest

patrice;885600 wrote: I feel a bit ashamed because I still haven't started Day 1 but today I am .. its a Sunday here and there is nothing to do... but I am on the road for tomorrow for sure for sure, have got all the plans in place.
                                Are you doing ok?
                                I'm good. I was thinking about. I can imagine how hard it must be in your circumstance. I know It would be difficult for me. Please hand in there though because it does feel GREAT when you can pull it together. I used to do triathlons. I'm going to again on Sept 12th The Nautica in Malibu, CA. I couldn't even consider it if I was drinking! you can do it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X