Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone ( wherever you are???????)
    Sunni, it will happen - just a matter of when!!!!

My big news, I have spent 35 years wanting to go on holidays all on my own. Sun, books, food, (used t
    o be drink), sleep, more sun books food so am on hols from work for the next 2 weeks and told hubs last night am heading off next Sunday for a week. I cannot wait - can't believe how strong I feel - last Christmas Hubs suggested we go away for a week and I was HORRIFIED at the thought of a week away with no booze - had a brill AF hol with him in March and now am so happy about doing it on my own. I just feel so enabled and strong! And very excited!!!!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spuddleduck,

Great job on overcoming your craving! I will put your action plan in place when that happens to me (I'm sure it will). Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Molls, way to go!! I LOVE going on Holiday by myself, just me and the dogs. Course I have no choice as i don't have a partner but still, I love it. You will have a great time!! No one to answer to, your schedule is your own-brilliant!! Let us know what exotic place you plan to vacation at!!

Spuddles-great job on resisting the craving. Ride that Crave Wave everyone!! it will become just a ripple!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys. Just a quicky as I am sooooooo tired and off to bed. Just wanted to check in and see how you are all going.
          Well done Mazzie on 30 days. Keep up the hard work and you will be fine. Great job.
          Spuds - good on you for riding that crave wave and getting to the other side. Good idea to think about the result you would have if you did drink. So well done.
          Molly - fantastic idea to go on hols by your self. Where are you going? Good on ya.
          Gotta go as I have a headache I am so tired.
          (Meech and Pap - forgive me. I will pop in to your journals tomorrow I promise......need sleep... getting old!).
          Hip
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunny! You had me going there, I thought you were finally a grandma...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Molly, where will you go? I hope you have fun!

Hippy, I'm pleased to see that you survived the pre-pubescent birthday "Bieber Fest"! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fennel-how's Bob been this weekend and today? Hope she's startng to stabilize.
                HC-so good to hear from you!! I can't even imagine how tire you are!! Get some great rest-you'll need it for the next 9 years!! :H:H
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Spuds that was a great plan and one for me to remember, so glad you resisted the craving :goodjob:

Molly have a fantastic chill out holiday - I have been on my own and it was great, spoke only when I wanted to and read, read, read it was great

Sunshine my daughter has told me she is expecting her third in January 2011 - sure hope yours comes first :H:H

Mazzie congratulations on 30 days :l

Hi Fennel, Papmom, Rusty, Hippychick and Lav hope your all having a great day

Px
                  Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to all my wonderful friends in the Nest. I'm home. Ready to come back to the nest. I have missed you all so much. I'm at work now so I have't read back to catch up. I realize that there is no baby yet. Wow!
                    Fennel - anxious to hear about Bob. How was your birthday?

How is everyone doing? I am back in the familiar environment and already fighting the triggers. Funny. Oh well. Such is life. Time to grow up I think.

I will catch you all later. Back to work. Got so much to catch up after being gone for a week. Piles of paperwork.

Have a great day everyone.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!
                      Feels like I've been gone a long time! I was away from the computer for 4 days and I missed you all. My yard sale was a success, but boy am I tired! Glad to be back at work so I can get some rest. LOL
                      I hope everyone is well today. I've got a lot of catching up to do around here.
                      K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

papmom3;886717 wrote: Hey Fennel-how's Bob been this weekend and today? Hope she's startng to stabilize.
                        HC-so good to hear from you!! I can't even imagine how tire you are!! Get some great rest-you'll need it for the next 9 years!! :H:H
                        Hi Papmom...
                        I got her lab results on Saturday. Her levels are coming back to normal. I don't have to give her mylanta any longer when she eats, as her phosphorous is back to normal. She's behaving more and more like her old self every day, except that I have to resort to syringe feeding her to make sure she's getting enough calories. Fluids are down to every other day, now.

I have to get her in for an echocardiogram, as the vet detected an arrhythmia when she was here on Friday.

So, I'd say she's stable. I hope her echo comes out o.k. I don't want to subject her to it just now...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay! Nora's back!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Panno, the kitty in your avatar looks a lot like Bob!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Has anybody seen Coco-Nut today? I have some krill taquitas for her!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I went to a restaurant in the Great U.P. and there was a veggie burger on the menu. I was so thrilled. Yahoo!! I can get a real meal. I ordered it. They were out of it. ROTFL They probably never even had it. They probably just put it there as a joke for all the hunters. :H:H
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X