Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Over-It! It sure is good to see you again! You hit a bad rock bottom? Then the only way is up! Congratulations on being 60 days in tomorrow!

Speaking of hopping on planes for vacation…when I took Mabel to see my bro & sis-in-law last week, she had sprouted a cold overnight, but I decided to take her anyways…bad idea! It turned out to be Covid of all things, and they are flying to Hawaii in a couple weeks! That could’ve ruined their whole vacation. Thankfully they were careful and held her face out, and they didn’t get it.

My mom had developed a scar on her left cornea after the cataract surgery, and then it swelled & burst, I guess because of her kerataconus eye disease, causing more scarring. I was dismayed that nothing could be done about it either!

I can’t wait for the full moon to be over! I am so over feeling increasingly like crap as it approaches. The day of, of all days, I have to have a lengthy legal settlement meeting for my divorce. Wish me luck tomorrow.

I’m back in the sick house. Beckett’s nose is just running & running. He’s too sick to go to day care today, so I had both babies to watch today. Kinda exhausting.

Buckle up, kids, and have a safe night in the Nest!
    Last edited by Slo; February 15, 2022, 11:35 PM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Evening nesters

Over-it, welcome back. great work on 60 days sober, for me its all about accountability. i know when my stress levels are up i need to be careful but MWO is family, as you know, and we are always around.

Lav, shame nothing can be done for your eye but i dont think i would like to have an eye transplant, i work around a lot of things now - knee, ankle, hands ha ha. its a learning experience getting older.

Slo, good luck with your settlement, glad Mabel didnt pass on her covid germs or you would never have heard the end of it. we are doing pretty well covid wise atm, surgery is opening up again which is good, feeling hopeful for a couple more months until winter hits us.

NS, i have patients who have nerve pain and get infusions of IVIG (blood/plasma product) and works really well, some need it every few weeks some every relapse of the pain. i hope you can get some relief.

Pav, have a lovely break away, how long are you going for?

Belle, hope you have a good get away also and get to do some cool stuff with your bf. i loved the pic, it is so dry here atm. I think my hands are from sleeping wrong. takes me so long to get to sleep that when i do, i sleep like the dead.

Not much to report here, Bob goes in tomorrow afternoon, back to walking daily with the boys, they are settling down, turned into lunatics as i had not walked for a few weeks.

take care xx
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

NS i hope you find some relief from your nerve pain, nothing worse. sometimes i wake up with numb hands now. i am glad its only when i sleep.
        [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION] This might be the start of carpal tunnel syndrome (something I've had for a long time). The numbness at night can slowly make the condition worse over time. The key is to keep your wrists straight, which obviously is hard to do when you're sleeping. If you're not able to, I'd really recommend wearing carpal wrist braces at night. Same thing started happening to my mom a few years ago, and she was practically able to reverse the condition through wearing the wrist braces at night.

Tomorrow will be 59 days. 59 days of serenity.
        [MENTION=20472]Overit-still[/MENTION] congrats on the newfound mindset (it's something that took me a lot of tribulations and suffering to finally get to as well) and 59 days! you can always join us over at the roll call to keep track as well: https://www.mywayout.org/community/j...call-3266.html

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

We had a sunny & mildish day here, supposed to be even warmer tomorrow then winter returns, oh well.
          Got my hair cut, picked up some groceries & gave my grandson a ride home from school. Nice to be out in the fresh air

Slo, sorry about the revolving door viral infections in your family. I’m really looking forward to having some quality outdoor time where we can all breathe uninfected air for a change. Hope the kids & you are feeling better soon. And I hope your settlement meeting was fruitful. Remember, better days are coming so hang in there.

Ava, wishing Bob an easy surgery & quick recovery.
          I’m not really concerned about the eye, I can still see out of most of it & that’s enough. I’m adjusting to the deficit, we humans are amazing

Mulburry, good to see you& hope you are doing well.

Overit, hope your day was good!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          Last edited by Lavande; February 16, 2022, 05:41 PM.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good evening everyone. Thanks for the Welcomes, it means alot to be accepted back again, and again, and again, but hopefully not again, after this. I truly have had a change of mindset and if it took that bottom to get here, it's all for the best. Since I had tried everything on my own, in my own ways, I'm so thankful to have some clarity and hope. I will not die today due to alcohol.

Since being on the West Coast USA I feel like I'm the last one up. I'll keep watch tonight. Have a good day tomorrow, or today, whichever is yours
            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Hola friends!

Over it, huge congratulations to you on 60 days booze free. Wowza! That really is something. Keep it rolling mi amiga.

Lav, hope you're ok re your eye shenanigans.

Hope you feel better soon Slo and that your meeting goes well for you.

Hope your wrists will be ok Ava.

Big waves to evabody. A couple of simple pics in Cartagena. I haven't taken a lot of photo's yet.

Cartagena full moon 2022.jpg

Cartagena tonights office 2022 tour.jpg
              Last edited by Guitarista; February 17, 2022, 10:49 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi, All:

Overit, Wags and I are on the US West Coast also, so we're here with you. I usually check in in the mornings.

Sorry about your eye, Lav. If you think about the complexity of the human body, it is a miracle things don't go wrong even more often.

Slo, thinking of you today. I hope it all goes ok.

Good to see you pop in, Mulberry. I hope all is going well with you, too.

Thanks for the pics, G. Is that your busking setup? Where have you been staying?

My vacation is next Sunday to Sunday - can't wait!

Pav

Comment

Hi Nest! Whew... life has been life for me lately. I'll spare you some of the details, but they include bad grades from kids, too much work on my end and staying up until 1am to work, a minor but expensive car accident that was my fault (no injuries except to my car), burning my face with hot oil when cooking, and a trip to the ER for stitches for my daughter.

Too much. But I'm not drinking, and am making adjustments to my workload - I have to remember that I gave up being superwoman!

Ug.

G - cool photos. Love the guitar and palm tree combo. Enjoy your adventure!

Overit - glad to see you and congrats on 60 days!!! Woo Hoo! In the end, we have to choose to do it for ourselves - right? Proud of you. We will accept you always.

Hi Belle. How is carpal tunnel connected to neurology? Glad to see you stop in!

Sorry to hear about your eye LAV. You're a trooper.

Well, I took the morning off from work - been working nights and weekends, so I took care of other personal stuff like insurance, medical appointments, calling the school, etc. I HAVE to remember that I can't work all hours. Period. It's about life balance, or I don't want to do this work. It's the only way I am happy - balance.

It snowed, but is now blue sky. That is the thing about snow this time of year in Colorado - it melts fast. Best to everyone. I appreciate you all.
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Very mild today at 63 degrees but that’s all coming to an end as a cold front moves in - of course. Even though it’s still winter i have spring on the mind & came home from the feed store today with 8 brand new baby chicks.they will live in a big metal trough-like thing in my laundry room for a few weeks, some of my older birds will be moving to the ‘retirement home’ at the nearby Amish farm. Sadly they just take up space & have stopped laying eggs long ago. So it’s time for some newbies

Overit, Congrats on your 60 days & keep moving forward. You’ll have nothing to regret, I promise.

G, good to see you & thanks for the pics. I have a feeling you are enjoying yourself & that’s great.
                    I’m good, my vision in my left eye is a little weird but I can live with it, no problem.

Pav, it’s so true that the human body can make many accommodations when we need them. I am grateful for my excellent peripheral vision now more than ever. I hope your trip is fabulous 7 you have lots of fun.

Kensho, so glad to hear you are looking out for yourself! We really have to because no one else will do it for us.
                    We just can’t control everything no matter how hard we try. Keep yourself well balanced & everything will work itself out.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Yes, it was cold here today, Lav. Time for new baby chicks?! They’ll be ready to join the big girls come Spring.

I love the nighttime cityscape photo, G-man! Sounds like perfect weather there.

That’s exciting that you have a weeklong getaway coming up, Pav!

Kensho! It’s so tempting to burn the candle at both ends, but that can lead to drinking for extra “fuel” to fuel you through. Sorry to hear about all the mishaps too! Glad you are able to make adjustments to find better balance again.

Over-it, my first quit was in 2012 too! I made it 60 days that Fall, before it got scuttled. That was then, and this is now. And now -we will not die from drinking!

One day after the full moon, and I already feel SO much better!

Young daughter is in town -well, an hour away in the greater metro area -for her conference swim meet. She did so well in her 500 freestyle today! I drove there with HB for finals tonight. So awkward to be divorcing. All the other parents seem to be together. He sure has been a great swim parent for the girls. Well, he loves sports, after all.

Have a safe night in the Nest one & all.
                      Last edited by Slo; February 17, 2022, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Good morning. Just checking in before I get off and running. It's so good to see everyone here and so thankful that you have all stuck around.

Have a good day.
                        The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Hi, All:

TGIF. This has been a long week with lots going on at work - positive and negative. High highs and low lows. Thank goodness I don't drink.

Slo, in a perfect world, you would still get along with your ex for just those family situations. I'm sure it was painful and awkward, but I guess the new normal? Maybe it will get more comfortable over time? Glad you got to see your daughter swim.

Lav - new chickens! That's exciting. It is also perfect that the older ones have a place to go retire! I never thought of that part of chicken tending. As for weather - ours is DRY. It didn't rain in all of January and this far in February, and according to my weather app there is no rain in sight. It was exciting to start out with so much, but we're back to being dry again. After all the rain we got in autumn, we will have a lot of new growth that is now dry - perfect for fires. Blech. Let's hope we get some more before the winter is over.

Kensho, that's a lot. Managing work along with kids in school was very hard for me and my family unit. I hope you sort it all out to everyone's satisfaction.

No tickets to Boozeville - just to my bed! Have great Fridays, Nest.

Pav

Comment

TGIF for sure for you after your work week, Pav. And you don’t even have to go back next week!

“Retirement” for Lav’s chickens is a bit of a euphemism…they get turned into chicken dinner soon enough!

Ava, hope your little patient is doing well after his surgery. Our dog has a cone on his head after a growth was removed from his eyelid last week.
                            So glad that you’re able to get back out walking now!

That girl! Young daughter is swimming great! She swam the 200-yard Freestyle today, and made it into finals again for tonight! We took her out for lunch today. D2 was there also.
                            You’re right, Pav -I can be happy that we can still amicably get together as a family for these events. And that’s a good thing.

My daughter who works in the schools as a school psychologist just put in her resignation this week -she won’t be going back next year. It’s just too hard with the two babies, and they want to have a couple more kids.

Hi to Wags, G, Kensho, Belle, NS, Over-it, and everyone too!
                            Last edited by Slo; February 18, 2022, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

The wind howled all night long, weird & now it’s cold again. Good day to stay inside & get some work done for the next craft fair. The chicks are happy & seem healthy.
                              What slo said about the ‘retirement home’ for the older birds is true. We take them to an Amish farm nearby & they let the chickens run around until its time to cook. I just can’t do that here so I’m grateful for their help.

Slo, congrats to your daughter for her awesome swimming skills. Is she hoping to get to the olympics some day? It is good that you can go she her events as a family group.
                              Can’t blame your other daughter for putting her job on hold for a while while the kids are so young.

Overit, hope your day was great!

Pav, I can raise chickens, I just can’t handle the last stage. I’m not enough of a farmer I guess. I hope you get some rain too. We always seem tohave more than we really need here.
                              Have a good evening.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey Nesters,

Just stopping by to say hello & have a safe night in the nest!!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X