Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Lav is a teenager -because her oldest grandson whose birth motivated her final quit is a teenager now too! That makes it easy to remember! I so look forward to the reassurance of your daily evening post, Lav. Thank you for being so consistent. You’re right that our commitment to our quit has to be of primary importance: stick to it like glue!

I didn’t really have hot flashes. Maybe they were masked by all the drinking.

Yes, where is [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]; and how was her trip to the States?

I wish you good luck with your Monday meeting, Ava. If you’re maxed out, then you really can’t take on any more work. That’s just a fact!

Finally some sun here; I need to get out for a walk in it. I need sunlight.

I’m feeling better about things, and have come to acceptance about my divorce, and about saying goodbye to my home. I am feeling more ready for tomorrow’s court case. Thank you all for having my back tomorrow. I feel more confident knowing you will be with me in spirit!
    Last edited by Slo; March 27, 2022, 10:58 AM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

The absolute last thing I want to be is a TEENAGER again haha but thank you Wags!!!

We had snow flurries & a snow squall today that melted immediately. I didn’t order that weather, geez!
      I’ve been inside stitching & shipping orders for the Ukraine relief items so I’m happy

Ava, good luck with your meeting, hope it works out for you! We all know how hard you work & deserve the proper respect.
      I have to admit though, I’ve never showered with a dog before. Hope that worked out for you as well

Slo, we will all be with you in sprit Monday so stay strong :hug:

Mick, thank you pal, nice to see you here in the nest!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All:

Well, my week was crazy, but I'm glad to come check in today.

On the eve of Lav's 13th birthday she leaves this gem:

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
        Slo, I honestly don’t think I know a person who can honestly say their life turned out exactly as they hoped. We’re constantly being told to dream big but when we do we’re often left disappointed. I guess the key to happiness is to be happy with what we have now & not latch on to expectations. I changed my thinking about a lot of things, I had no choice really. There’s no sense in beating yourself up over things that didn’t happen as expected. You will figure things out, I promise!
        Lav
        So true. There is an AA saying that is something like today's expectations are tomorrow's disappointments. That's a little glum, but it is so true - at least for me.

Slo, we'll be with you tomorrow. Good luck.

My son just turned 20 - he had a moment when he realized that he's no longer a teen ager (hahahaha).

I'm suddenly having hot flashes, too. Weirdly, I kind of like them because I feel cold a lot of the time.

Belle - WOW. if only you had a backup job and could have said - "fine. Do it," and stormed out like in a movie (heh). I hope he realizes what he'd miss.

Hi to all you other nesters. Have great weeks!

x
        Pav

Comment

Hola friends,

Happy 13th Lav! Thanks for being here. x

Another saying - 'Trade your expectations for appreciation'. I like that one!

Take it easy out there. Good luck with the meeting Ava.
          Last edited by Guitarista; March 28, 2022, 05:48 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Howdy Nest. Taking a quiet day for myself so far - something I rarely do. A friend asked me this weekend, "What do you do for fun these days?" and I didn't know what to say - at lease on a regular basis. To some extent, I have to do the work I committed to, but I also have to find those things that bring joy to every day.

Lav, you ARE a good mother! 13?!? There are so many ways and days that your words have helped me. Thank you.

Slo, I'm imagining your new path opening up! Where will it lead you? If you can enjoy the process of discovery, it will be an amazing ride! We are here with you!

Hi Wags! I get cold very easily - so warm may be my pick, though 70 sounds wonderful! I'm checking out the cake show with my daughter tonight. She'll love it!

Anyway, off to bike, sauna and shower. I may get 1 hour of work in today - wooo hoooo! I was thinking about where I would probably be if I had continued to drink. It was not a pretty picture. So glad I don't drink.
            Last edited by KENSHO; March 28, 2022, 01:00 PM.
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Monday evening Greetings Nesters,

We are back in the depths of winter again, it’s awful out there. Below freezing temps & windchills in the teens, not fun. Seeing snow flurries is just weird considering April is just a few days away.
              Staying inside is good though, I’m getting lots of work done. I run out to check on the chickens a few times each day but run right back into the house, haha! It wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t so windy

Pav, I admit I held onto expectations WAY longer than i should have. That lead to depression & loneliness & lots of wine which made everything worse of course. You just can’t hold another to the promises they made & failed to fulfill. It was a major waste of energy, looking back on it now. Choosing to put yourself first & redrawing the plan is a very effective way to clear the air

G, your saying is a good one too!!!

Kensho, thanks & I hope to be around for a while to continue to drag people along if they seem to be stumbling.
              I hope you got at least a little work done today haha!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

“Trade your expectations for appreciation” -never heard that one before, and I love it! Simple to remember too! This is how I need to learn how to live.

I felt you with me today, and the court case went very smoothly, and I felt ready for it. Thank you for upholding me. It is over now, and I am divorced.
                It feels good having limbo over, as I tried for a year to cling to my old life and put the marriage back together. Now I feel the relief of being able to move on.

It sure was cold the last couple of days! At least not so windy today.

Thrilled for you, Kensho, that you eked out a day for yourself away from work.

Take care, everyone.
                Last edited by Slo; March 28, 2022, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Mick - great to see you!

Slo - we were all definitely there with you today. I'm glad it went smoothly and that you're feeling at least some of the relief that comes from having that limbo period over with.

Lav - I think I agree with you that being a teenager is just about the last age I'd ever want to be again. Good thing having a teen-aged quit is so freakin' awesome!

Happy last week of March everyone. Catch you all tomorrow!
                  Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

Quick check in. Glad it went smoothly, Slo. Onward and upward.

Stay warm, Lav and the Stella!

Today I am trading my expectations for appreciation!

x
                    Pav

Comment

Hi Nest.

It's quiet and drizzling here. Definitely NOT motivating me! I could use a weeklong vacation to myself! The time off we have is always so loud and busy. But, taxes need to be send out, and work has to be done.

Just a quick exercise I do sometimes... What good things have happened since you quit drinking? Things that may not have happened if you did not quit? The list is long for me, and any ONE of them would be worth it... probably the biggest is that I learned to listen to myself and my body. Being in tune with my needs has been a game changer. Would love to hear other lists.

The robins are back, which means spring is around the corner. I just love them - they make me feel happy. Birds in general are so positive and uplifting - but the robins are my favorite. I think they were regularly outside my window growing up and were just a stable, full-of-life sound.

Anyway, congrats on your finalized divorce Slo. Some of the best things in life don't feel that way at first, but after time become the point when life took off...

Lav, say hello to the Stellas for me. I still want a chicken family of my own, but it will have to wait.

Byrdie, where are you?

LC - you out there?

Hi G, my friend. Still doing your polar plunges?
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

So glad you are over that hurdle, Slo. You're going to be fine. In fact better than fine without someone you live with chipping away at your self-esteem. We all know you have done one of the hardest things imaginable -- took on your biology, chemistry, and psychology and kicked addiction to the curb. You are STRONG.

Lav, you continue to show us how it is done. Thanks so much for being here. I'll check FB for your fund-raising products.

Kensho, I still have a running commentary in the way back of my mind comparing what is going on (good or bad) with what it would have been like if I still were drinking. It is ALWAYS better this way.

SIL didn't overdrink really but I gave her a small jab when I suggested DRUNK as her first choice on Wordle Sunday morning. (And let me add-- no word was helpful on Sunday. The solution was a crazy one!)

I am always colder than everyone around me so give me the higher temps any day! I went out and bought some new sandals this morning, hoping that would somehow change the wet, cold weather we currently are having.

Stay the course, nesters. It is so worth it. xx

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Yep, still cold here but it was sunny & no snow flurries today
                          I’ve been worrying a bit about the young chickens out there as the night temps have been 21 degrees. They seem to be fine but their water can froze overnight, geez. It will warm up - eventually.

Slo, so happy to hear you are over that major hurdle. Take a little time to breathe then move on to your new & improved life. We will still be with you, always :hug:

Hello to Kensho, Wags & everyone. Missing Byrdie & LC too.

NS, thank you & I hope you enjoy the totes. I just figured I already have $95 to donate after just two days, that’s great

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post

Hi G, my friend. Still doing your polar plunges?
                            You betcha friend special K. 'A cold shower a day keeps the doctor away'. We're a month into autumn, so the bay isn't too polar just yet, just nice and fresh. I'll still be diving in for a few minutes immersion throughout winter though.

Have a beaut rest of the week y'all.
                            Last edited by Guitarista; March 30, 2022, 05:56 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

A cold shower a day is supposed to be good for ya, but -no thanks! I like warm baths, and sitting in the hot tub/whirlpool over splashing in the cold pool.

Robins were a fixture in my childhood too, Kensho. I think the other birds had been all but killed off from the chemical sprays on the fields at the time, so it was mostly only robins left. Now that they’ve rebounded, I have enjoyed seeing cardinals, blue jays & such as an adult.

What was the Wordle of the day on Sunday, NS? I can’t remember. I got it, but on the last try.

Have to go get Beckett ready for day care…

Comment

Kensho asks: What good things have happened since you quit drinking? Things that may not have happened if you didn’t quit? Well, one thing is that I am regaining my health. I am no longer overweight from all the drinking. I have been on a detox program for my hypervitaminosis A condition for three years now. I received my latest blood test results and had my consult this week: and my serum retinol level has finally dropped from a high of 57 down to 26 now! That is close to the goal of <19! The hard work has paid off! It would be impossible to heal my liver and detox my body in the Love Your Liver program that the Nutrition Detective Dr. Garrett Smith runs if I were still drinking, as intaking that toxin would prevent any other detoxing and liver healing from happening!
                                Last edited by Slo; March 30, 2022, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X