Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Molly - you are not boring. Its everyone else who is and has to cover up with AL.
    Nora - can you clarify for me. Are these your children/grandchildren/neice/nephews??
    I missed the post where you explained about them so I am confused! (that's not hard to do). Whoever they are I am glad you have your family around you. I am getting ready to put my son on e-bay so if you want another child to look after, please let me know!
    Friday here and off to the Gold Coast tomorrow so I imagine tonight will be a mad house trying to pack for three others....... why cant they take responsibility for themselves??
    Have a good Friday/Thursday
    Hipster
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,
      I posted earlier today and it's disappeared. Second post this week that's done that. Have I been banned for some reason???
      Nora-so glad your "kids" finally made it. Sounds like a busy summer for you!!
      Sunni-that must have been some sight to see Atlas trotting behind you and Sophie LOL!! Can't wait to hear the news about the new addition to your family. Your daughter must be going crazy!!
      Fennel-How is Bob? good luck with the echo tomorrow. I have a gut feeling it will be fine. The arythmia was probably due to the dehydration and renal crisis. I hope. Fingers crossed and lots of pings being sent your way.
      Prancy-congrats on 30 days!! :goodjob:

Hey Molls-no way are you boring!! You now have the privilage of seeing what it's really like to drink loads. Stick to your guns girl!!

Hope everyone has a great nite. I'm getting ready to watch my one and only fav show on TV: Burn Notice. Can't believe I missed the first 2 episodes! Thought they started next week. See, that's what happens when you go sober-TV isn't such a magnet-too much else to do LOL!!

:l
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;888898 wrote: Not banned from kitchen...!! and I had a special request.
        Well, if you manage to break in - or drag the taco truck up - might I have some nice greasy battered halibut?
        Sorry I'm so late, Coco...I managed to smuggle a Coleman stove aboard. Here's a nice plate of deep-fried Halibut, along with a krill salad and a side of garlic mashed potatoes!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Papmom...
          Bob's ultra-sound and ecg will be in another week or so. The vet is going to call me and let me know when the ultra-sound person will be at their clinic. I'm going to do the blood-draw, ecg and ultra-sound on the same day. Fewer trips for my poor old kitty.

Bob is really like her old self. Her daughter is much less pissy about her today. Actually came up and gave her poor old mom a sniff, without hissing at her. This hissing and growling business has been going on for nine days now, and I'm sick of it. I'm giving Bob fluids every other day now, instead of every day and she's responding well.

I can't help but wonder how much time I have left with her, though. A month? Six? A year? All I can do is try to keep her happy and as reasonably healthy as I can. I really thought she'd be a "twenty-year" cat, though.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ringing Cedars;889211 wrote: This may be a dumb question and maybe I should just google it but what IS a Dos Gatos please and thank you?
            RC, I have two cats at home. In honor of them, I named my taco truck business "Dos Gatos", or "Two cats" in spanish. Additionally, I trap stray neighbor cats to use as ingredients, which also contributes to the name. When I run out of cats, I switch to opossums and other such critters. The protein sources for my meals here at the truck are many and varied, but my customers love my food! I also serve vegetarian options.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am alone, miserable and I am a binge drinker. A floud of emotion is now whirling around in side me. Binge drinking has cost me friends, my self-respect and relationships. I want too permanently end this hold that is upon me.

I understand that what governs us is choice, however the grip is tso tight that I am constantly searching for different avenues in order to deal with this issue. Every week I repeat the same steps and the result is the same, Depression, Delusions and an ability to completely fabricate a world that is care-free and that has no voids...

I want and need to change...I need help and advice as this is the final straw for me... It's clear that I need help and it is obvious the the coping mechanisms that where once engrained in me have eroded due to alcohol and perhaps deepening emotional issues, fueled by alcohol..

I would appreciate and advice, support that is possible....I have started this journey today and I need too stay strong...

Thanks for reading and listening to what I had to say.... Thank you so much Ben

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Ben....Nice to meet you!!!!! This is the place to be be. We are all here for the same reason. I am looking forward to getting to know you. :l
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome aboard, Ben...
                  Trust me, we all know what you're experiencing. Please continue to come around and read up. There is a way out of this madness! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Ben and welcome, the booze causes all that confusion and scared feelings. Even after as little as 2-3 days without AL life feels so much better. I am awake this morning after a 'bit of a do' last night in the house. I have cleaned the kitchen and dining room, loaded the dishwasher, and put 9 empty wine bottles in the garage! There were 7 of us here last night, I wasn't drinking, my 16 yr old 'wasn't' drinking, hubs only had a glass or 2 cos he was working this morning and one of my sons hardly drinks at all so WHO THE HELL DRANK ALL THE WINE!!! That is quite scary! Anyway, it's still only 7.30 AM here and it is Lovely not to have a hangover!!!!
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Ben. I remember so well the hold that alcohol can have. It consumes your life. And destroys it too.
                      But it can be changed. You have found the right place to be. We are all struggling like you are. We all understand what you are going thru and where you have been. There is hope. Read the book, get the supps and CD's, exercise, put in abit of work and you will succeed. Stick around here alot and post when you feel like it and read lots of different threads. Whenever you feel the desire to drink, come visit us first. Hopefully we can talk you out of it.
                      Good luck on your journey Ben.
                      Take care everyone. I am off on holidays tomorrow morning so will check in when I can.
                      Stay strong..... dont want to hear of anyone going under when I get back.
                      Hip
                      I finally got it!
                      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Ben. Stick with us OK? We have butt velcro to keep you in the nest and full body velcro suits if needed. We have a lot of fun here but we are deadly serious in our support of each other and our committment to an AF life. If you haven't done so already, please down load the MWO book from the store-it's only about $12 US and its great inspiration as well as a wealth of knowledge. For me the supplements recommended in the book was what kick started my journey and keeps me sober as well as the unwavering support here.
                        Ask any question you like, read lots and let us know how you are doing.

Fennel-oops. sorry, thought the test were today. I think Bob's daughter doesn't smell sickness on Bob anymore as her body chemistry returns to normal. Please try not to think in the future except for making vet app't and stocking up on supplies. ODAT is most important here-treasure each day you have with Bob and try not to take up your days and times with worries about how much longer you have with her. I know, easier said than done but if those results next week come back good, you'll have an easier time doing that.

Molls-gosh, sounds like my family!! 3 people drinking the majority of the wine!! Not anymore tho, down to 2. Glad you didn't join in and glad you're here with us hangover free. I'm very impressed with your cleaning motivation so early in the morning!!

MD appointment this morning to recheck kidney function due to abnormal results 2 weeks ago. Been drinking lots of water so hoping it will be fine.

Have a great day everyone!! :h
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello & Goodbye

Hi Ben - welcome! Don't be fooled by all the banter and craziness - sometimes we even offer meaningful advice and incredible support! I hope you will stick around this wonderful "Newbies Nest" to find that out for yourself.

To everyone else - I'm off on vacation now and won't be back until June 28. I am taking neither laptop nor iPhone and will be completely cut off from civilization at Playa del Glutton.

This will obviously be quite the challenge - but I'm looking forward to the opportunity of experiencing a sober vacation. I don't believe I've ever done it... At least not since I was about 16 (four years ago).

Love to all,
                          Coco
                          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;889401 wrote: RC, I have two cats at home. In honor of them, I named my taco truck business "Dos Gatos", or "Two cats" in spanish. Additionally, I trap stray neighbor cats to use as ingredients, which also contributes to the name. When I run out of cats, I switch to opossums and other such critters. The protein sources for my meals here at the truck are many and varied, but my customers love my food! I also serve vegetarian options.
                            Oh MY God!!:wow::H:H:H

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

See RC - If I wasn't vegetarian before, I certainly would be by now. :H:H
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco - Have a wonderful vacation!!!
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X