Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi all...evening check in here.

I hit a rough patch over the weekend and was drunk one night. I found where husband hid the gin and helped myself. Lots of things had built up in me, but it was a stupid decision. I told him to stow that thing in his own domain out of the "general population"...and I know my daughter also knew where it was though I don't think she imbibed. He did not move it as I asked...as he has not many times before

Tuesday morning, I collected all the glass bottles for recycling including hubs' BIG bottle of gin that had an inch or so left in it. Out it went, but I did buy him a small(er) bottle that he can stow in his own space. I don't want to see it. It felt so good to hurl that big glass bottle into the recycling dumpster (we have community glass recycling dumpsters)...it was such a satisfying sound.

Seems that since then I have had a mind shift though I don't want to jinx it. I hopefully can elaborate more at some time but my chicken tenders are ready. But basically I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Perhaps having a friend pass away showed me that life is too short. idk. But I definitely feel different.

I'll be back. Need the support and hopefully will be able to give support.

Don't want to burn the tenders...I need and air fryer!
    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Hey everyone, sorry to be so absent lately. Finally easing up with work and trying to catch up on the rest of life. I need to get back into a routine where I post here the same time every day. Hopefully I'll get that sorted in the next few days and you'll see me here regularly. Tonight I'm mostly going to read back and catch you with all of you.

See you tomorrow!
      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good MAE, Nesters!!

can't quite say good morning when i see that Wags is also online!!:happy2:
        Wags, good to see you!! glad to hear that work is easing up and you'll soon have more time.. what are your summer plans? i had to think of you last weekend when i rode my bike part of the way to my friends house in the countryside.. i loved it, but realized that 20km is about my limit for one day! at least until i get a more comfortable bike seat or some of those shorts with padding!

[MENTION=3200]Belle[/MENTION], so good to see you in the Nest.. i've been wondering how you are and hoping you wouldn't stay away too long.. you mentioned a while back, holding hands virtually.. would love to do that! NOW is the best time in the world to stay quit!:love: it's happened to me several times, finding a bottle of whatever unexpectedly and drinking it.. now that i live on my own i make sure that there isn't alcohol in the house.. hopefully your husband can manage to hide that one well.. though knowing there's alcohol hidden in the house used to do my head in as well.. i'm sorry about your friend that died. if she could know, it would probably make her happy that she helped you on your new path to sobriety.. :hug:

hi Lav! gosh i wish we'd have a rain storm like that! keeps promising to, but nothing happens.. Monday we had a bit, but not nearly enough..

it's going to be a boiling hot day today.. i unfortunately have to attend a work lunch at the peak of it, 14:30.. ughhh.. but hopefully it will be shady with a light breeze! everything is rolling on here.. i'm avoiding stressful situations like the plague! backyard bbq in our house last night... my very nice neighbor across the hall (who always feeds my cats when i'm away) planned it and was quite disappointed when i said i had to work.. but i just couldn't bare to go.. and am soooo glad i didn't.

wishing everyone a happy Friday!! xx
        Last edited by lifechange; June 24, 2022, 12:11 AM.

Comment

back again!!!

so today is 20 days and i'm not sure why, but i haven't once had an urge to drink/craving/thought about alcohol.. in the past, that has meant that one is crouching around the corner, waiting for me to be off guard/taking it easy. i've been pretty good (if i don't say so myself:happy2 with my commitment to check in here at least once/usually twice a day.. and i'll say that that, as well as having the support of the Army!, has definitely helped me remain balanced and active with a plan. you all said that being here was one of the main tools in your quits and as i know from my past longer AF periods, that was also key for me. so the things that are actively helping me.. checking in here, having a plan each day, taking care to sleep and eat enough, saying NO to situations i know will be stressful/triggering, not overplanning and if i accidentally do, not feeling bad about cancelling or postponing, being easy on myself if i have a hard day, being nice to myself, letting the dishes pile up a mile high if i don't feel like washing up, same with all other house work! just generally trying to be more mindful of what i need to be ok.

thank you all so much for being here!!xx
          Last edited by lifechange; June 24, 2022, 04:10 AM.

Comment

I’m a grandma again!! Little did I know when I posted that yesterday that daughter’s water bag had broken during the night, and she was headed to the hospital! Well, she was headed to the hospital to see her first patient of the day as an Occupational Therapist, cancel her other patients; and then waddled over to the maternity ward and settled in to do paperwork to tie up all the loose ends for her job. That’s how it went for D1 also when she too suddenly had the baby at 37 weeks: lie in the bed in the maternity ward while furiously working on the computer & phone to tie up work and transfer over responsibilities! So far all three grandchildren have been born at 37 weeks; D3 does not expect to make it to November 12th to have hers!
            He was born today just after midnight, and looks just so cute in the pictures I just received this morning!

You’re doing a great job of slogging through the fatigue of early sobriety and setting yourself up for success, LC!

Oldest grandson (2 y/o) just started bellowing…time to start my day!
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Congratulations, Slo!!!! how exciting to have another little one join the family!!:love:

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Finally seeing some sun, it had been absent for a few days

Slo, Congrats on the new baby, yay!! I’m sure you can’t wait to see him. The family continues to grow, that’s awesome.

LC, 20 days AF, good for you! You’re doing great, keep your eye on your goals!

Wags, glad you popped in & now hopefully have some time to breathe & enjoy life a bit.

Belle, sounds like you had a eureka moment. Clarity is a blessing that we should welcome with open arms. Clearing all the booze out of the house is exactly what I did as well. Keep moving forwrad, we will be with you

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

A little craving for booze tonight, but really I think I am hungry. We're having crab cakes that need to be baked for about 12 minutes. I'm starving and hubs took dog on a long walk, and is still far away so I said the heck with that, I'm making my and my son's crab cakes and he can cook his later. If I don't eat I'll somehow unravel (with what booze, idk...hubs actually hid the smaller bottle I got for him).

And I am checking in, and will not drink tonight.
                  BelleGirl

Comment

And reason 62,148 not to drink:

I got a call from my brother right when my crab cake was ready to eat. He asked if I could come to his house (1 hr away) asap to care for Amelia while he and his wife went to ER due to suspected ectopic pregnancy.

I cannot imagine how this would have gone down if I were drinking or lord help me...drunk. I'm sure I would have never gotten the chance to babysit my little niece again. Big lesson learned and the force of all of you nesters is indeed with me!

Better get to bed. Baby gets up much earlier than I am used to, and there is a good chance they might not be home until morning.
                    Last edited by BelleGirl; June 24, 2022, 09:40 PM.
                    BelleGirl

Comment

Hi, All:

Congratulations, Slo! Glad everyone is ok.

Belle, that's awesome that you were sober to help your brother. It really is such a benefit! My dad was in the hospital once and my mom and sisters were drinking to ease the pain. The Dr. called at about 10 and needed something brought to my dad, and thank goodness I was sober to do so. Sorry you drank, and glad you feel a shift!!

Good work on 20 days, LC. You are sounding good.

Hi, Lav. I didn't know you had a whole business. Wow!

Happy SOBER Friday, everyone. I'm off tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you all and may try to check in at some point, but I make a point to try to stay offline when I travel because otherwise I start to work!

Ciao,
                      Pav

Comment

hi Nesters!
                        quick accountability check in for me.. we were out and about the whole day and i'm beat!!
                        will write tomorrow morning..
                        hope everyone is having a nice Saturday..
                        safe travels, Pav!
                        xx

Comment

Saturday evening greetings Nesters,

Hot & sunny today 90 degrees. More humidity to arrive tomorrow ahead of another storm system well, at least things are getting a decent watering out in the gardens.

Belle, being available for family is one of the great benefits of being sober. I sure hope your SIL is OK.
                          Keep yourself in first place like you have been lately, it works

LC, sounds like you’re having an active weekend, good for you.

Pav, yep I did have the chance to be my own boss for a period of time. I still had two years of college bills to pay for my son when I left nursing so I did it that way. Wishing you a wonderful & safe trip :hug:

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning nesters

have been reading but feeling a bit of a "whats the point" since Jasper died. I know i will move past this phase but it just seems a bit pointless at times.

Belle, i remember making excuses every day to why i needed to drink. sky was blue, work was crap, kids annoyed me, dogs weed on the floor, i was angry, sad, depressed, stressed and at the end of the day i was just prolonging the agony of giving up my best friend. I hope your hubs respects your decision to keep all al out of the house. you can do this! Isnt it a great feeling to be able to be there for anyone and everyone, I hope everything is okay with the fam.

LC, i am loving having ME time. My daughter still lives with me and she was drinking pretty badly for a few months (or longer) after a bad break up and not having any confidence in herself. of course i tried to help her but hey "it took me till 50 to stop, so stop hassling me mum". i banned al in the house and walked around on glass pretty much. it was like looking at myself each and every day seeing how she was acting and hurting and drinking to stop it. BUT she has found a lovely boy and i think he said something about her drinking and now life is great, she is a different person. i still wait for her to get drunk, i still worry when she goes to her brothers she will come home drunk or get drunk there, i still just wait for her to drink again (like your girls do with you) but i am getting better in trusting her but it will take time. i buy her flowers now and tell her how proud i am of her and i just hope she learns to love herself as much as i love her. My kids started believing in me at about 9 months and told everyone i had not had a drink and dont even bother offering me one! they were all very protective of my sobriety when i showed them i was serious.

Slo, congrats on your new grandbaby. you will be on your toes now, with all of these babies. xx I hope the move to the condo was not too hard for you and ex is being nice.

Work has been so busy, the PA has now been off 3 weeks and i just shake my head. i have put in for a month off and my big boss said he thinks her and i have had a lot of time off although he understood about my leave. I told him that he had to sort the PA out as it seemed that every time i had a week off she proceeded to have 2 or 3. I'm just done with her, god knows what she will do when she finds out i am having 4 weeks off. I am hoping she will leave, she is the bane of my life.

Big hello's to everyone and take care xxx
                            Last edited by available; June 25, 2022, 07:26 PM.
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good MAE Nesters,

Ava, i'm sorry.. i don't know Jasper's story and am not sure where to look to catch up.. but i know that he was a child and that he passed.. i'm very sorry for your loss.
                              thank you for telling me how it was for your kids.. 9 months seems like forever! but i'm in this for the long haul. i haven't mentioned to the girls or my bf that i've stopped drinking.. i know the girls notice it.. i think it's even difficult for the younger one in some ways, cause when i'm drinking, i don't notice anything/care about anything.. which can be adventageous for a teenager.. don't know when she's coming home, don't care that she's not helping out around the house, etc.. we had words again yesterday when i found some nasty old food leftover from a training camp in her room.. i don't really know what to do.. i might threaten her having to stay at her dad's if she can't manage to be a little bit more responsible.. i'm really glad to hear that your daughter has stopped with the drinking and is happy.. it must be so scary to have a child dealing with addiction.. how's your son doing, by the way? he's been sober/clean quite a long time now, hasn't he? well, you've sure shown them how it can be done.. and you're there to support them! how's the foster doggie situation looking?

Belle, thank goodness you could be there for your brother/family.. how's your SIL doing? i hope she's ok.. please let us know.. Also i hope that you're doing alright..:love:

Lav, do you cook when the weather is so hot and humid? or do you become a raw foodie in the summer?

wishing everyone a nice and relaxing Sunday.. big hugs!xx

Comment

thought i should state a plan for myself for the day.. it's 21 days and i've been known to f*** it all up at this point. today i'm headed to my bfs' parents to do some gardening and visiting and i'll come home late afternoon on my own.. regardless of how i'm feeling after a HOT day, i won't stop anywhere to buy a beer which in the past was my go-to for a refreshing escape.. "just this one" is a big lie! that i know. i won't stop anywhere period. i have ice cubes and juice at home, along with ice cream.. will have a cool shower and check in to MWO.. i've got this today. :love: this one day is always manageable!

Comment

Working...
                                X