Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Back at work. Just waiting for the nite to start. Oh well day 21 and each was fought for. I am not about to go and blowup now. But the days seem to becoming more difficult as I get deeper into the quit. This always happens to me. Going to have to up the exercise just hope my body holds up. Doing well now. Lite ride today, some weights and stretching help. Gotta go. Wishing all a good AF niteā€¦.. hyper. Oh yeah pup is in good hands while I am working.
    Last edited by Hypernova; July 16, 2022, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

A hot day turned into a rainy day but that’s OK. The craft fair went quite well, made >$300!! Can’t complain about that

LC, so glad to hear you’re feeling better & out & about.
      I sure hope you don’t see that 100 degree weather, ugh. I couldn’t imagine cooking in those conditions. Have a great weekend!

Hyper, great job on your 21 days, you’re likely ‘over the hump’ now & should start feeling better very soon. The exercise plan sounds good
      I hope you have a good evening at work! Glad to hear your pup is doing well too.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning nesters

We have had awful winds this weekend which means i am not leaving the house, Bob did decide to pull every toy he has out of his toy box due to boredom bless him. this morning its not so windy but raining so not sure if we will get a walk in. I have to go to the GP, looks like i have a frozen shoulder (thank you Dr Google), it is killing me and of course my right arm. This age thing is starting to suck.

Hyper, giving up al is hard so give yourself a break, everyday is not roses and sunshine, we have bad days sober, you just need to not take the "drinking option" and find something else to make you happy. i always used to get the "feck its" and then think god do i want to do a day 1 again and that stopped me from taking a drink. even now i could never do a day 1 again, not drinking will become your new normal but it takes time and a lot of effort some days. You have got this!

LC, glad you are all covid free, i just think its a matter of time getting it. When is the baby due? My daughter is going to get another french bulldog today so it seems i am going to be a nana again ha ha. good thing i love dogs!

How did you go at the craft fair Lav? i am all in for the shorter seasons just not sure how we organise that one.

take care xx
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hola nester's,

Morning Ava. Hope your shoulder improves quickly. I've lost 2 quite expensive toupee's in these winds this weekend. The all weather Euro 5000 sports plus ($3,500. allegedly for outdoor activities e.g. sky diving, mountaineering etc.), and last night i wore the 'Bachelor's bestie', a stylish piece made from real hair designed exclusively for an authentic natural look for dinner dates and parties. $4,250. Both gone in the gale as i walked back to the car! Lucky i have the 'stay at home covid nights' special, which although bottom of the range, has a more relaxed feel to it.

It was reminded recently how this sober lark really is an inside job. I am a sensitive chap like most humans, and find it essential to be aware of my core beliefs and automatic behaviours or reactions to various comments, people, situations. e.g. I can feel challenged, poked, prodded if i'm asked or faced to do something out of my comfort zone. Often my immediate feeling is to run the other way as it feels uncomfortable or unfamiliar. But these days i'm onto myself. Now i try to pause, then examine my feelings and the situation. Is this actually a good thing for me to do? Does it serve me or humanity to do it? Is this in line with my dreams, my future G man plans? Just some thoughts.

Have a great weekend evabody. Big waves to all.

Surf's up!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I’m crawling out of the trough and finally getting my mojo back! Finally evening out; not so tired, lethargic, achy, tense, & foggy as I have been…but I guess that full moon was a SUPER super moon -the biggest moon of the year. No wonder it pulled on me so badly.

I got together with daughter D1 today, and young daughter some as well, and got to be with the grandchildren Mabel & Beckett for a couple hours! They’re getting such long limbs, at 1 and 2 1/2 years old. It really is going by fast, Lav! Couldn’t kiss my Mabel cheeks much though, since they’re all sick with colds. They stayed overnight with ex-HB, but I did get to see them some.

Oh no, Ava -a frozen shoulder! It does go with the territory of being this age. That wind sounds terrible. Hold onto your hair, G!

Glad the craft fair was successful, Lav! I didn’t order a pillow for Huxley because a.) I don’t much like his name, and b.) daughter D2 is a minimalist in a small house. I’ll get one of your pillows for the next one! His name is going to be Andrew.

Sounds like you had a nice day today, Lifechange. I do love my condo! I am getting more & more used to living here.

That’s a good pro-tip, Ava: “Would I really want to do a day 1 again?” Or worse yet for me, a day two or three. (Still running on fumes on day 1!)

Those are good questions to ask, Guitarista. Getting AF is only half the equation. The rest is learning how to successfully live sober. Otherwise, it’s just living as a dry drunk.

Still beautiful weather here -no A/C needed. I got a bike ride in today! Feel better for that. Think I’ll watch some TV in my new place tonight!
            Last edited by Slo; July 16, 2022, 07:48 PM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Not overly hot here, it didn’t quite make it to 90 but the humidity is outrageous. Grateful I got my hair cut last week, Lol

G, I can start saving hair clippings & make you a brand new toupee if you like, haha!
              Wind storms are not funny, I just saw the results of one out in Montana I think where there was a 20 some car pileup in the highway, wow!

Ava, so sorry about your shoulder. You’re right, this getting old thing sucks, parts break down so easily
              I hope you can see the doc soon & get some help. Take care :hug:

Slo, glad you got to spend some time with the littles this weekend. Sounds like things are starting to normalize & settle down.
              FB just reminded me of a pic I took 9 years ago when my granddaughter & younger grandson were both 2, sitting in a little pool on my deck. Now they’re 11 & almost as tall as me, haha! It definitely does go by quickly.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Howdy Lav, and anyone else around,

Are you hanging in there, [MENTION=23208]wagmor[/MENTION]? Howā€™s your dad doing? My almost 92-year-old stepfather is hospitalized now for a kinked bowel. My 92-year-old great aunt is hospitalized now for a broken hip from a fallā€¦Itā€™s a tough age!

I feel so much better now that Iā€™m on the other side of the moon. Also realizing that my detox diet (Love Your Liver; Dr. Garrett Smith, the Nutrition Detective) requires more potassium than I have been taking. By adding in more daily capsules of potassium gluconate, I hope to eliminate a lot of the anxiety & fatigue.

Such beautiful weather we have been having! I have loved having the windows open for the last few days, although the heat returns tomorrow.
                I love living in my condo! Tonight I met a couple condo ladies out for their evening walk, and joined in with them. Such friendly people!

I am enjoying my AF life.
                Last edited by Slo; July 17, 2022, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling. I'm not going to drink because I can't (and I don't drink) but I sure would love to run away from all of the responsibilities I have on my shoulders right now. I'm down to taking things an hour at a time, and sometimes that feels like too long.

I've tied a knot and am hanging on.

I'm taking deep breaths.

Sorry to be all about me tonight -- I've got no gas left in my emotional tank. I care about each and every one of you. I'll check back in tomorrow.
                  Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

evening nesters

Wags, sending you a cyber hug, we are here for you.

Just looking at the news at the heat wave you are all suffering from. 30 degrees i can cope with, 40 degrees is just ridiculous, not to mention the fires. i hope everyone stays safe.

Lav, i think maybe we can collect chook feathers and make G a nice toupe, Susan and Karen are both red.

G good to see you, thanfully the winds have died down. will be lovely to catch up with you and Steady in August.

Slo, so glad to hear you are settling in and meeting new neighbours, single life is hard to get used to but i cant imagine my life any other way. i do think of looking on the dating sites then i slap myself and think why! I dont need a man to make me complete or happy, getting to set in my ways now.

I had an ultrasound today and wanted to cry when the radiologist moved my shoulder every which way. It then throbbed for the rest of the day. I will be glad when i get the results and answers to what i can do. trying to stay away from the computer atm and my knitting, i miss my knitting though.

Carl and Bob are having a groom tomorrow, cant wait to see what they come back like, i do love my groomer, she is worth the money

take care xxx

Comment

Hi Nest. We are back from our 3 state tour. It was SO relaxing. I love the simplicity of a small home (pop-up). The Black Hills in SD and Bighorn Mountains in WY were more beautiful than I expected. Though we ran into a lot of hateful, ignorant messaging on t-shirts, etc., I can't say enough about how friendly and polite the people seemed to be. I wasn't expecting that, and it got me thinking about how we got to where we are here in the states. If we could just find some middle ground on those 4 wedge issues, and respect our differences, I think we could work together.

Ava, sorry about your shoulder! I don't know what a frozen shoulder is. Sounds like it can thaw? I hope they have some good ideas for you.

Hi LC! Glad to see you kicking alcohol's butt. Carb-craving is SO normal after quitting. I had to make peace with that, at least for awhile. It's easier now to moderate. Let yourself have some for now... don't try to be too perfect with your diet. You seem like me - with all-or-nothing tendencies. I had to leave that at the door when I quit, because there was always a reason I didn't measure up due to the crazy expectations I set for myself. Realistic and "the best I can do today" is enough.

Slo, glad you're feeling better. I find that even when I feel totally out of sorts, some kind of normal always rolls back around. Hard to believe when feeling stuck though. You are sounding like a proud divorcee! Good for you! It makes me happy that you are not continuously subjected to your X's crap anymore. Wear it like a badge of self-respect!

Yes G! On your topic of examining it all... I am 100% that we are meant to see, experience and let flow by - all that life hands us. Sorry for your loss, by the way. Dang wind is driving me crazy too!

Time to dive into work, after 11 days. Here I go...
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hey, Nest

My week alone got interrupted when I had to visit elderly parents - very stressful times. Like you Wags, I wished I was a drinker. A friend said I needed a glass of wine. I replied that I wanted at least 4 so it would be better to skip it. I'm sorry you are in the midst of a huge stress. Hang in there! xx

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We’re under a severe weather watch so I hope to get this posted before the power goes. It’s still going to be hot & humid for the rets of the week.

Wags & NS, I’m sorry you two are dealing with such stress right now. I really feel for you, we have been thru this with all 4 of our parents. Hang in there & know you have a large group of folks wishing you strength. No amount of alcohol can change what’s happening right now, hang on :hug:

Kensho, glad you enjoyed your trip. Bet you saw some beautiful countryside on your travels. Hope your return to work wasn’t too harsh.

Slo, you are attracting positivity into your life & you certainly deserve the best, enjoy

Ava, sorry you haven’t gotten a treatment plan for your shoulder in place yet . I hope that gets resolved very soon.
                          I have SO many chicken feathers here I could make wigs for all of us, haha! Hope the boys enjoy their grooming day.

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Evening nesters

NS sorry to hear about your parents, i hope all is ok now and you dont drink so no worries that you will.

Kensho so glad you had a nice break and hope it wasnt too hot. Nothing worse than having to go back to work lol.

Oh Lav, that could be our new business, feather wigs ha ha. Stay safe from the storms.

i am whitening my teeth atm and then my dental work is done except for check ups. feels pretty damn good. Carl and Bpb had their hair cut, hope you like the pictures. Nothing to report here, just working and wishing it was friday.

carl 19 july 2022.jpg

bob 19 july 2022.jpg

take care

Comment

Good morning,

Carl & Bob look like twins! Our dog hates going to the groomer, but seems to feel so much better after it’s done!
                              Ava, that has to be so hard limiting computer time and giving up knitting for your frozen shoulder! Temporary, anyways.

Oh, Wags, it all sounds like too much.
                              I visited my stepfather at the hospital yesterday, since I was over that way taking care of legal matters (my Will, Power of Attorney, etc.). He was supposed to go this morning, if all went well. I watched him eat his first “solid food” dinner, then left so he could nap. Well, all didn’t go well, and he didn’t tolerate it; so he will remain in the hospital. I feel for you, Wags & NS.

I visited baby Huxley yesterday too, to try to help his mother out. Daughter is getting so exhausted because he doesn’t sleep much during the night, and he wants to nurse all the time. He is growing & thriving though!

Kensho, sounds like a nice family vacation! I thought the Black Hills were beautiful too.

This afternoon I take the cat to the vet, then am looking forward to a bike ride with young daughter.

Comment

Ava, what handsome companions you have! I bet they take good care of you

Slo, I remember those demanding times with nursing. I bet your daughter really appreciated your visit!

It's quiet here. I hope everyone is hanging in there. NS, I hope a good night's sleep gave you some down time. I see the parent thing approaching me as mine age, but not there yet.

Trying to stay cool here in 103F temps. Anyone who doesn't see that the climate is pissed is missing the boat.

Best to all...
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X