Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hippy Chick;889303 wrote:
    Nora - can you clarify for me. Are these your children/grandchildren/neice/nephews??
    I missed the post where you explained about them so I am confused! (that's not hard to do). Whoever they are I am glad you have your family around you. I am getting ready to put my son on e-bay so if you want another child to look after, please let me know!

Hipster
    These kids are my great niece and great nephew. Their mom is my niece who is like a daughter to me. We are extremely close to them. Their dad is in the Marines and they are stationed in Italy right now. So, we haven't seen them in about 10 months. Longest that it's been since they've been born. :upset: We are going to have them until August. :h Then they are being transferred somewhere else. :upset: They don't know where yet. Some of the top possibilites are India, South Africa, Kazakhstan. After another 18 months they are supposed to be stationed in Virgina which is all the way across the United States from us.
    Right now they are at my nephews visiting their cousins (my other kiddos). My nephew and his family are moving on Sunday to Louisiana which is across the country.
    There is a going away party on Saturday and I get my kiddos back then. But, have to say goodbye to my other kiddos. :upset:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Ben

I know exactly how you feel man! Stick with it, this is only day 6 for me and I really want to get free of the trap. This is a brilliant website, I'm facing a bit of a test tonight and I logged on to see a number of really kind and genuine members had responded with words of encouragement to a thread I had posted and I feel bolstered by their support.

I'm not pretending it will be easy and in truth I'm scared but I'm up for the battle, mainly cause I know I really want it. Stick in there buddy and stay focused, your eyes are open and that means you can see where you are going.

Johnny.
      "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a great trip Coco....lying about your age again, huh?
        You too Hippy
        welcome Bob!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone WHERE ARE YOU!?? This is like the Marie-Celeste! Just checking in to say goodnight folks, I am exhausted, my uncle has gone to my sisters and I feel sort of sad cos I reckon he'll not make it over next year, he is 83 and a mad smoker and drinker and definitely going down hill. He's the last contact I have with my Mums family and I just feel low. Will be grand tomorrow
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Molly - big hugs to you!!!!:l:l:l I will be home from work in about an hour & a half. I just snuck on for a minute.
            Sorry about the sadness. I've been having some of those thoughts lately too. My Mom hasn't been doing very well and I've been worried. She's never had a drink or smoked though so that should count for something.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alright everybody, I'm going away on hols in the morning - please tell me this thread isn't dying? Hope to see you all here in a week?
              Bye
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mols-have a great holiday!! Be strong and be true to yourself but have fun!! We'll see you in a week. :l
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a wonderful time Molly. We'll miss you!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bye Mollycake........have fun

Comment

Newbies Nest

No way - this thread isn't dying. Just slowed down a bit. I refuse to let it die. I might be sitting here talking to myself but I'll be here. :H:H
                      Had to say goodbye to my nephew & his family today. That was so hard. They are moving across the country. :upset: As I was telling him goodbye, he mentioned that he might be deployed in December. That really got me crying. Gee whiz. By the time I left I was sobbing, his wife was sobbing. Hard to say goodbye.
                      Brought my other kiddos back home though. They are both asleep. They had a wonderful time with their cousins for the past 2 days. I'm so glad that they got here in time before they moved.
                      Molly - have a great trip.
                      What is everyone else up to now that I've filled you in on me?
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well - here I am talking to myself. :H I didn't really think that I was going to be talking to myself.

My son went out with some high school friends last night. I heard him come in at 12:30 and I could tell immediately that he was drinking. I got up & sure enough he was in the kitchen getting ready to head out again. I told him no way. I could smell the alcohol on him. What was he doing driving. Blah, blah, blah. He told me he would stay home. After he was in his room, I went in to try to talk to him. Decided that it just wasn't the right time. I went back to bed....in about half an hour, I heard the front door again. So, he's not home this morning. I imagine he walked over to his friends. We don't live in an area you want to be walking in at night. So, again I just sit and worry.
                        How is everyone else doing this fine day???
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Shit Nora....I would be terrified and FURIOUS......he needs an ass whipping for sure......
                          We are fine in very hot florida.......how was your trip and your friend? Is she improving??

Comment

Newbies Nest

He's 23 years old now and rarely sees these friends anymore. It seems like trouble whenever he does. But, I am very upset because of the whole drinking & driving. I don't care that it was just a couple of blocks of side streets. That is not the point.
                            Well.....just heard him drive up and get dropped off.

It was great to see my friend. But, it's not great news. They will be monitoring her closely. Probably have will be having heart surgery in the next year or so. It's a very serious/difficult surgery from what they said.

What are your plans for today??
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am so frustrated!!!!! I am sure that he has either been pounding down Red Bull or has taken something. He is talking a mile a minute. I am upset. I can't talk to him now because the kids are right here. Plus, I don't want to ruin my husbands Father's Day.
                              Damn it!!! I'm so upset.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi the Nest!

Still here, lurking...not sure about things, but okay!

Going to go read posts and catch up on the news! Fill me in folks!
                                Sorry I've been away, needed 'head room', not that it has helped! *sigh*

All good here though, just plodding

Chook

Comment

Working...
                                X