Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'll take that Newbie well wishing Prancy....sorry haven't read back here...
    Did see that Sunny is a new Grandma...FINALLY...and all is well.
    Nora, Molly, HC, PapMom...Panno..FENNEL.. Lavande(dear heart)...and all taking the bull by the horns...HI

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning - I am surprised that no-one has posted this morning! Just popped in to see if anyone was around and they aren't. I was procrastinating about weeding. I did get out the day before yesterday and am off today so must do some more - our heat index day before yesterday was 108!! It is still early here (7.30) so I am trying to get some done before the heat!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Sunshinedaisies
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.....

WELCOME SCOTT!!!!:welcome: This is a great place and I'm glad you are here. Pick a branch and get comfy. We are here to help each other.

Fennel - Still sending you positive energy about Bob. :h

Mazzie - I'm off to work now too. Yuck.

Prancy - You sound so good. I think that I need to take that step and go from there. One day at a time AF instead of thinking about moderation. Moderation is NOT working for me at all. I think I need to try the AF approach and put the alcohol out of the equation. No more fretting about it because it's not an option. Thanks for your post. It made a lot of sense.

Ringing - Good to see you. How have you been??

Sunshinedaisies - Heat Index 108?!!?!?!?!?!?! You are going to have to start weeding in the middle of the night. :H

Hello to everyone else. Have a wonderful day. I will catch you all later.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning and welcome to the new nestlings! Just got my internet service back...storms took out service for much of the midwest last night, plus I shorted out my router. Dude had to swing by today and restore all to normalcy.

Bob the cat is having a better day. Actually eating some wet food on her own. What an emotional roller coaster this has been.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fennel - glad to hear that Bob is better.

You took so long getting Dos Gatos here that I had to get my own breakfast. A tamale & Diet Coke. :H:H:H
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Newbies and Others, Have a wonderful day.
              Nora, Try the AF route for a few weeks and see if you don't think it is easier than moderating. When I tried moderating, I became fixated on every drink. Therefore I was thinking about it ALL the time! Not good. prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another fly by to say hi. Prancy you really do sound great. Congratulations.
                Fennel I sure hope Bob settles into the routine of taking his fluids.
                Thanks for the howdy Nora. I'm trying to save my al for occasions but then I do something like last night and boom the guilt and questioning is all there again. ( ODAT
                Hope y'all are having a good day. Stay strong!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;892829 wrote: Fennel - glad to hear that Bob is better.

You took so long getting Dos Gatos here that I had to get my own breakfast. A tamale & Diet Coke. :H:H:H
                  Yah, sorry about that...good thing I left an extra set of keys up in the nest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey gang.....glad Bob is feeling better
                    fennel....did you quit the topa completely????
                    Prancy....AWESOME on 34 days!!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;893227 wrote: hey gang.....glad Bob is feeling better
                      fennel....did you quit the topa completely????
                      Prancy....AWESOME on 34 days!!!
                      Yep, I'm completely Topa-free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all

Just another quick hello before heading off to work. Everyone else is on hols cept me so its pretty quiet there but sooo much work to get through!!!

Just a note on the modding - I've found it all so much easier once I decided al has no place in my life at all now. Difficult to get to that but now I don't have the everyday arguments in my head about will I, won't I etc. They were stressful. I have filled that time with other things. Also, I have somehow convinced myself that wine smells and tastes like paint stripper and that is what comes to mind if I ever do start to entertain any thoughts or 'fancies' as Spam would say. I've also been down the slippery slope too many times to ever want to stand on the top with 'just the 1 glass' !!!!

Thanks always for 'listening to me' you guys. Everyone's journey is a bit different even though we're all on the same road. I do hope everyone has a good day/night

PS I have missed the news flash about Suns baby. Ooooh, can I have all the details pls somebody. So glad Bob seems to be better Fen. You'll be pleased to get back to normal.
                        Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the good thoughts all. I AM feeling great. prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Finally - the site is up again. I've grown to depend on this place. :l

Just wanted to say hello all.

Going to try to get to that good place Prancy & Mazzie. Seems to be where I need to be. :h
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone

NoraC - sending you lots of encouragement. I read on here somewhere once that someone said they have never woken up in the morning sober and wished they had been drinking the night before!!!!! Lets get that velcroe out again.

Sounds like the site must have been down while I was sleeping. Glad its back again now.

Have a great day/night all.
                              Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters......I seriously was going into a panic when I couldn't get on here for so long this morning. WOW!! I want to send a great big SHOUT OUT to Roberta Jewell and the moderators and everyone else for this site. THANK YOU!!!!!!
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X