Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi all,
    I cannot believe how time flies. After two crazy weeks of traveling (twice to PA and once to Maryland...if you say MD some might think it was the doctor...lol), my brother that lives in Kansas was here last week for 4 days to do some business in the city. I gave him my "suite" so I had to sleep in son's loft bed. The ceiling is stippled(?) so I have so many cuts on my hands from trying to get comfortable and scratching them on the ceiling. Plus it is not easy for this old bod to get up and down and in and out of that bed. Have to come up with a better solution next time someone comes.

While he was here hubs and brother had wine and beer and I just stayed away from it if I was feeling vulnerable due to "guest anxiety".

Our new co-worker (who has been with us for like 2 months) has not been improving, so we have switched things up and I am doing a new job. It is a good thing as I have pretty much been doing the same thing for the past 6+ years.

Lav, that is a good idea...I should tell son he can be a personal chef if the fashion biz doesn't work out. He is working on a final project for "Advanced garment construction" and from the drawings it is going to be awesome. Heck, let me see if I can share it.

Advanced Construction final project V1B.jpg

Hope that worked. I guess he can use the "exposure" any way he can get it.

Better head off to work. If anyone remembers The Who song "Another Tricky day"...I sing to myself "Another Sober day".

Take care...all.
    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Rained here all day but probably better than snow I guess
      Took the 8 week old kitten to the vet for the first time today for shots, etc. apparently I need to change the name from Daisy to Davey, haha!!! We really thought we had a girl. Who knew kittens keep all their private parts out of sight, Lol. It was much easier when we had puppies, oh well. Anyway, he’s healthy & doing fine & that’s all that really matters.

Ava, CONGRATS ON YOUR 9 YEARS AF :welldone:
      I know it’s your normal way of life now & you will protect your quit forevermore!!

Hey Wags, hope you are doing well.

Belle, I am officially too old to give up my sleeping space to anyone, haha!! That was very gracious of you to do that.
      Your son’s creation is fabulous & should earn him an excellent grade. I wish him an exciting future in fashion. Changing your role at work can be a good thing, prevents complacency. Have fun with it while you can

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hola nester's near and not so far,

Lol Lav. I'm sure Davey is grateful to have found you no matter what he's called.

Hola Steady! You must just about be home by now, or close to it. You'll need lot's of rest and chillin' after that long trip home. I think i was awake for around 48 hrs for my total return trip including the hours waiting for connecting flights from Sth America in Feb. However if i was flying home from Santiago, Chile, it's around 14 hours. Not soooo tough. I remember thinking - if galavanting around the world is my biggest problem........reckon i'm doing alright. jaja.

AVA!!!! OMG! WTG! IKR? IFKR?! 9 freakin years booze free. Congratulations beautiful woman. Hope you did something nice for yourself.

Hi Belle. Love your son's design. Thanks for the pic and loving your posts.

Yo Kensho! These days i'm onto myself. I count 54321, blast off G fella! And do what i gotta do. Am kicking procrastination to the curb, but i've got to keep an eye on it, as it comes a knockin' on a regular basis.

Sounds like you're well on the mend Wags.

Big waves to evabody. All ok here. Busy. Just when i think i'm running in circles, i stop and reflect on the fact that there actually is some forwardly propulsion.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Belle - your son's garment is amazing!!! I have absolutely zero fashion inclination myself but I really appreciate the aesthetic of some designers and loved watching Project Runway back in the day so I've learned a bit. I'm sure it's a tough competitive industry and yet he seems to be very talented. I hope his grade is awesome!

Lav - Warnock WON!!! I'm so excited for him and for Georgia - just as excited as I was for Fetterman and Pennsylvania. It feels good to have helped even a tiny bit from the west coast. It's a great time to celebrate without drinking As for Davey, I'm sure he's thrilled to have such a good caregiver. I didn't know that about kittens either :shrug:

G - great to see you, as always. Hope you're rockin' and rollin' along.

Happy hump days everyone!
          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Quick check in.

and I forgot to say HAPPY #9 TO AVA!!! That is really something to be proud of!
            BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Happy Belated 9 years of Better Living to Pav and Ava! You make it look easy which, of course we know it definitely isn't!! But it is simple - don't drink. And now after all this time, isn't it hard to imagine that we made it into such a BIG DEAL?? It just goes to show you the power of addiction.

My dad was a great patient, did everything he was told to do, and is getting on well. I'm grateful for that! It is impressive and amazing that even an 88 year old body can heal right up.

I've got 2 more weeks as an employed person. I think I'm ready to be done and will figure out how to rewire after I retire.

Glad to hear everyone doing so well during the holiday season!

Comment

Greetings everyone!

I'm home now from an amazing adventure in Mexico and Cuba. Beautiful sights, lovely people, interesting experiences! Some of the time was spent with a (small) tour group, but balanced out with time on my own. The trip definitely had the desired effect, I had a break from Mr Unsteady and found I was less anxious and happier. I also have a fresh perspective & renewed optimism.

Thankyou all so much for your supportive comments around my temptation to drink. It was a big leap for my mind to start entertaining the idea that I could drink "normally" or "socially". There's just no dividing line. It would take at least six drinks to feel like I was really drinking, and then my judgement would be gone and the consumption would continue unchecked. And then it would be the same the next day. And the day after. And then it would be back to Square One, not a place I ever want to visit again!!

For some reason I haven't felt jet-lagged at all, but I do have "traveller's tummy" so am just eating dry toast & drinking electrolytes. Will check back in soon.

Congrats on 9 years, Ava!

love to everyone,
                Steady x
                Last edited by STEADFAST; December 7, 2022, 06:53 PM.
                AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

All is OK with me & my zoo residents, haha!!
                  Met with two customers today to deliver their orders & am ready for a Christmas break, I hope. Someone almost always has a last minute request, will take care of that too

Steady, glad you’re home safe & sound after such an enormous trip! I am glad you had a chance to rest & recharge & gain some new perspective! Hope your tummy heals up soon.

NS, good to hear your dad is doing so well. Some 88 yr olds are strong & hearty & others are just shadows of their former selves. Good for him!
                  Can’t wait to hear what new interests you develop in your retirement. We’re not exactly the rocking chair granny types, Lol

Pav, you celebrated 9 years AF as well so CONGRATS to you

Wags, hope your week is going well.

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Oops - forgot to say hello to G
                    Sounds like life is going well for you!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

NS - great to hear of the progress your dad is having. That's pretty fantastic for 88 for sure! It will be interesting to see how you feel about retirement, both initially and then after awhile. It seems like it's different for everyone. However this next chapter unfolds, I hope it's all positive for you.

Steady - welcome back from your trip. I would LOVE to hear more about where you went in Mexico and especially what your experience was like in Cuba. Any highlights? Lowlights? Seems like an amazing opportunity.

Hellos and waves to G, Lav, Kensho, Ava, Slo, and everyone else stopping by the nest. Hope you all are having fantastic weeks.
                      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi Lav, Wags, NS!

Yep, life is going ok here. Pretty good really, as opportunity abounds in many areas.

Pavi!! Congrat's on 9 years booze free. Legend. Hope you and fam are well.

Welcome home Steady! Glad u had a good time. I agree, travel usually has a way of inspiring us and freshening our perspective.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Busy trying to catch up with holiday things, I’m getting there little by little
                          No rain today so that helped a lot with all the running around.

Wags, hope you’re feeling much better now. When do you get the rest of the work done on your mouth? Take it easy!

G, we owe it to ourselves to keep our eye, ears & hearts open to new opportunities. Never know what’s right around the corner

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

G - glad to hear your optimism! Can't wait to hear about any or all of the opportunities you're exploring.

Lav - the bone graft needs 4-6 months to heal and then they'll put the implant post in. Then that has to heal another 4-6 months before the crown is attached. So basically a year-long process to get everything finished.

Happy Fridays to all!
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Seasonally chilly here but also sunny today so that’s good
                              Baking Christmas cookies & stashing then in the freezer to keep them out of sight, haha! Tomorrow daughter & her family are coming over to help with some heavy lifting & decorating the tree, etc.
                              still trying to figure out what to make them for dinner considering everyone’s diet choices, likes & dislikes. I’ll figure out something.

Wags, right, I should have remembered Ava’s schedule with the implants. Wishing you luck & happiness with all that’s involved. Any weekend plans for. You?

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

It's the freakin' weekend and no booze in sight! It's supposed to be cold and rainy all day tomorrow here, hopefully better on Sunday. I think tomorrow will be a workout, some house tasks, and then maybe a movie by the fireplace. Anyone know of good movies on Netflix or elsewhere online?

Lav - hope you have a great day with family tomorrow.

Safe weekends to all!
                                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                                X