Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Her blood work is stable, so that's good news. She's now on a med to increase her appetite, and that's working pretty well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

nora..i tried to friend request you on FB....which one are you? There are severaL OF YOU!!!!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;894471 wrote: Her blood work is stable, so that's good news. She's now on a med to increase her appetite, and that's working pretty well.
        That is good to hear Fennel. Hope she continues to improve!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;894490 wrote: nora..i tried to friend request you on FB....which one are you? There are severaL OF YOU!!!!!!
          Oh how scary!!! There's more than one of me?!?!?!?! :H:H:H I think I found you. I sent you a request. I think it was the right person. I'm sorry if I seem paranoid but I really was upset the other day when I couldn't get on this site. I have one excellent friend from here (:l Fennel) but I just felt my world crashing around me not having contact with all of you. So, thanks for humoring me folks. If anybody else wants to connect via e-mail or facebook, PLEASE let me know. I'm finally relaxing a little bit knowing I have connections. :H
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;894419 wrote: Daylight….maybe moderation is going to work well for you. That is certainly what I was hoping for. I have had no success with it. I have to realize that & get over it. I can never stop at the one or two drinks. That is my problem. I am just a slow learner I guess. Definitely check out the moderation thread. You can get some good advise there, I’m sure.

Well folks, I’m going to my gynecologist tomorrow and spilling my guts. Ha, ha. I am going to try to figure out if my mood swings and depression could possibly be related to hormones. I am in menopause (official since last October) and I thought I was done with all of this. But, I am having major depression issues. If I find out that it is not related to my hormones then I am going to look into a psychologist or something. I have finally realized that I need help. So wish me luck please. I’m really scared.
            NoraC, from one who has come out the other side of menopause, YES (imo) it is meno related. I had the worst PMS of my LIFE before one of my last periods. I mean no sleep, sobbing hysterically. Went to the GYN for hormones, got the sub as my regular GYN was not there. Here I am sobbing, she asks me if I have ever thought of suicide (who hasn't when your hormones are out of whack???) and I said "sure" EPIC MISTAKE. She wanted to f*cking have me COMMITTED!! I was SO pissed. Hubby had to come get me, etc. Bottom line? I got my period 2 days later and all was well. Take home nugget? Hormones are a B*tch and can f*ck you up beyond all belief and NEVER EVER say the"S" word to a Dr because they HAVE to act. Have to. No choice.
            PM me if you need some one on one support. I have been there, gotten the tshirt.

Hugs to you!!

-p.
            Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
            That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
            Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
            Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Newbies Nest

Phoenix - Oh my gosh...thank you!!! I am going to PM you right now. I have some questions before my appointment.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday, nestlings!

Nora, I'm thinking of you big-time today...please keep us posted concerning your appointment. :l

Sorry I've been absent from the nest so much. I was feeling better about everything yesterday, but duty called me to my mom's house. She needed a spam blocker on her decrepit lap-top. It took me the better part of the afternoon to install it due to internet inconsistencies, etc. Finally got it sorted out.

Mrs. Fennel was away on business, which would ordinarily open up a huge opportunity for me to lose myself in a bottle of wine. I overcame that strong urge and took myself out to the library instead. I'm so grateful we have libraries- what a great resource, when you think of it.

I came home armed with new reading material and started my work-out very late. The youngest cat came downstairs to fetch me. :H She ordered me to clean the litter box and turn on some lights upstairs.

Anyway, "Dos Gatos" is open...I have coffee, diet coke, regular coke, Nantucket Nectar lemonade and water. I have vegetarian breakfast burritos, toast, bagels, pastries and fresh raspberries from my back yard. Any takers?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'll take a vegetarian breakfast burrito & diet coke please.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fennel - great job on not drinking & going to the library instead. :goodjob:
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;894928 wrote: I'll take a vegetarian breakfast burrito & diet coke please.
                      Ooh yeah...it's a tofu scramble in a tortilla...I have tons of veggies in it, too! Here's a nice, cold diet coke to go with it...

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;894929 wrote: Fennel - great job on not drinking & going to the library instead. :goodjob:
                        Thanks! It was actually pretty fun.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fennel!
                          Did you find any good books at the library??? I'm an avid reader and love hearing what others are reading! Call me a nerd, but the library is one of my favorite places to be
                          Great job on finding something to do...that's the key!
                          Have a great weekend...
                          K9
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;894950 wrote: Hi Fennel!
                            Did you find any good books at the library??? I'm an avid reader and love hearing what others are reading! Call me a nerd, but the library is one of my favorite places to be
                            Great job on finding something to do...that's the key!
                            Have a great weekend...
                            K9
                            I found lots to keep me entertained! I'm exclusively into non-fiction. I picked up Mackenzie Phillips' "High On Arrival" :shocked:, Michael Pollan's "In Defense Of Food", Jose Martinez' "Squint", and Nancy Rappaport's "In Her Wake". Oh, and a book called "Somebody's Daughter", which is about identifying a murder victim and trying to find her killer. I guess most of these books are not exactly uplifting. "Squint" is about the author's ordeal with his leprosy, "In Her Wake" is about a daughter's search for peace after her mother's suicide and we all know Mackenzie's story...maybe these books help me to feel comparatively lucky/normal, LOL! :H

I have haunted libraries since I was six years old- there's no better place! You have a great weekend, too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I read Mackenzie's storie too...and yes I agree, sometimes I gravitate towards stories that make me feel relatively normal! At the very least, they make me appreciate what I have, and the life I am lucky enough to lead!

I read both fiction and non-fiction. Most non-fiction I choose does deal primarily with addiction, it usually inspires me. And for fiction, I'm not really a "beach" reader, the light fluffy romances and such do nothing for me. I usually prefer something a little bit deeper (I like to think I'm deep. LOL j/k). Techie has a lot of good reading suggestions if you ever want to delve into fiction land!

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I LOVE TO READ TOO..... i actual;ly jotted down some books to get yesterday but I can't find the note on my messy desk!!
                                Good job Fen.....not drinking!!
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X