Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!

Great job on 11 days Battle! I remember day 16 as being pivotal. Keep racking up days! You got this. Let us know about the funding.

Steady, you're sounding good. That growth thing is the best part of losing the substances. The gym sounds like a great coping method. And you will be more fit - a bonus!

Ava, Hallelujah for a PA with drive! Your management should be apologizing to you for what they put you through. Or sending you on a trip or a spa or something. Rest up, your body will recover. You're a good person for loving on those pooches during their health challenges. :heartbeat:

I'm billing today and just trying to make progress, slow and steady.
    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Evening all,

Woke up to the news that my funding application has progressed to round 2 of 4 - a huge relief even if it means I now have 2 weeks to submit a proposal document, obtain references etc, though I'll probably push to have the majority done before my birthday so I can at least take some time to celebrate. Next round will be decided in February but there is at least a more concrete date so less of the 'will today be the day' stress I had going on with this one. Regardless of how I finance it I'm definitely starting to get excited for my studies starting next week, even if I having a hard time figuring out where to begin

Day 12 down, much easier ride today, working from home and less stress all round. Bring on 13.
      They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
      AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

That’s good news on your funding Battle, a relief for sure. Congrats on your 12 days!!!

Kensho, hope you made your way thru the billing today, sounds a bit tedious.

Steady, I like the sound of you taking care of yourself, good for you! I hope you find happiness & success this year

Wags, hope your busy week is going OK. Tomorrow is Hump day already, yay!!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening all, day 13 is almost over, a very productive day for me, starting to figure out where to begin with my research project which has been a real struggle - breaking down a three year project into manageable steps and figuring out what order those steps should come in. Definitely not used to thinking that far into the future, and figuring out the balance between how much time there is in a week and my own tendency to try and do everything as quickly as possible has been challenging. Work is definitely one area where my addictive personality really pops out for better and for worse, it seems there are few things that I don't take an all or nothing approach to.
          They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
          AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Good job Battle. Taming the overwhelm has been my middle name today too.... I can relate! I also have long term projects when doing a new build and I get extremely overwhelmed with all the details. But one thing at a time, and being realistic and gentle with myself always seems to work. I can only do what I can do and I ditched my Superwoman cape years ago! Here's to your day 14 coming right up!!

I'm going to workout with my daughter, and then go pick up dinner. I am out of sorts about what I haven't done yet this week, but its because I switched things around and did billing and marketing first. I hope to make serious project progress tomorrow and Friday because the builders are ALL pounding on my door!! Life balance though - THAT I have learned well. Otherwise, I am driven to drink

Best to everyone!
            Last edited by KENSHO; January 11, 2023, 07:16 PM.
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Good day for me today, grateful

Battle, great news from you today, I’m happy you’re getting things sorted & working your way to a wonderful future. Good job on your 13 days, tomorrow will be 2 weeks!!!

Kensho, i don’t think anyone likes feeling overwhelmed but you’re right, we don’t need that stress. I hope the workout with your daughter was good & yuo can return to work with clearer thinking ;_

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi all, I couldn't get on yesterday for some weird reason, and am just a quick fly-by now. Good week but very busy!

Glad to see so many people checking in with good news.

I've got one more super hard day and then things will start to ease up. See you again soon!
                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Evening all, day 14 today, good day working from home, very relaxed, enjoying my studies.
                  They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
                  AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Getting some rain here, better than snow I guess. Good to see some folks checking in today.

Wags, I really hope your busy day was OK & You have a nice relaxing weekend.

Battle, Congrats on your 2 weeks!! Sounds like your plan is working, good for you.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Whew! Made it through a crazy busy week of work. Tomorrow is a light day and the weekend will be chill.

Kensho - hope your busy week turned out well too

Battle - congrats on your 2 weeks/14 days! Glad you're enjoying your studies.

Lav - good to see you as always!

Happy Fridays here we come!
                      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Evening nesters

Wags, i could not log in yesterday for the life of me.

Battle congrats on 14 days that is a great achievement and your body must be thanking you profusely. Keep it up and keep being accountable.

Steady, hello and great work on the motivation for the gym.

Lav, how are the chooks liking winter. my chooks want to come inside all the time and i want to leave the back door open for the dogs so i bought a water gun, works a treat although they still get cocky and come inside but as soon as they see the gun they run ha ha.

Been a busy week, been to vets 3 times. Gucci had an infection so had an anti biotic injection but she still was not eating much so back we went and her CBD oil has now been increased which is good and she has decided that she will eat mince but that could change. Bindi doesnt have an eye infection anymore and Carl saw the surgeon and he is now going in for xrays and blood tests on Tuesday and having his cruciate ligament operation on Friday 20th. He will then have to be crated for 8 weeks which he is going to hate and hate me. then when that leg is healed he can have his other one done. Work/dog life is hard to balance but i am getting there. It reminds me of when my 4 children were little and there was never a dull moment.

Work has been great, its just a relief to not have the stress. Kensho, i wish they would give me a paid holiday. I am planning on going away in March to Vietnam with my cousin, we just have to book it, we are both as slack as each other but that is tomorrows job. Its going to be 37 degrees so i am staying indoors with the fans on and doing nothing. I did vacuum the floors and wash them before bed so that is done.

Thats my news and life atm, all going well.

take care xx
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi, Nest. I guess I think I’m too busy now that I’m retired to check in :harhar:

I had a 1-day meltdown about it, staying in bed with a lot of crying and watching videos about climate collapse (when I decide to be miserable, I go all out!). I’ve been ok since then, busy with some sewing and family activities. I’m away from home now but need to figure out some structure to my life when I get home.
                          [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] mentioned acupuncture helping her knee so, being at my wit’s end, decided to give it a try. It is working better than any of the myriad things I’ve tried over the last year. Thanks, SLO!

It sounds like everyone who has been checking in is doing well. I hope our missing nesters are as well! xx

Comment

Evening all, trying to make a routine of these evening check ins - day 15 today, been a busy one at work but I'll be going down to my part time hours and starting my studies properly next week so l'm less bothered by the mayhem than I would usually be. Plus I have a week off booked for my 30th so can ignore the dreaded e-mail for a while and spend some much needed time watching movies and playing videogames.

Wags - site was down all morning yesterday (UK time), was relieved to see it back up for my round of evening hellos. Wishing you a very relaxing weekend.

Ava - sounds like a bit of a nightmare week for you and dogs, I hope everyone is on the mend soon. Glad you're at least having a better time of it at work.

NoSugar - glad the acupuncture helped, somebody recommended I try it for an elbow a long time ago, got to the office and bolted before the appointment xD I don't even mind injections/blood tests, lord knows why that's my limit haha.
                            They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
                            AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Saw a little bit of sun today, thank goodness. Too many dark days in a row & I can get slightly miserable.

Wags, hope you’re chilling right now!!!

Ava, my chickens seem happy enough even though it’s cold & damp out. I used to let them out of their fenced yard until a fox family showed up several years ago & I lost about 7 of them . So no more free ranging for the girls. Some of the Amish neighbors are losing chickens now as well & asking me for eggs, haha!! I’m glad to share whatever I get. Sounds like your dogs all require a good bit of care, they’re lucky to have you. Poor Carl, I hope he does OK with is surgeries. Glad work is finally in the sane zone.

NS, it really does take some time to adjust to retirement but you’ll get there. Remember, you don’t need to figure everything out at once. That’s the sweet part - no deadlines to make decisions

Battle, so glad you’re moving right along on your plan. Every day brings strength & determination so keep moving forward.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

NS - sounds like you really went all out on feeling down for just a minute, but you've bounced back and it's great to see you checking in and sounding good. I hope the acupuncture brings you some real relief. All this positive talk makes me want to try it again for my back.

Ava - what a rough week for you AND the puppers! Glad that a few are on the mend, and hopefully Carl will heal up after surgery so well that the dreaded crate time will be a small price to pay.

Hope the weekend starts off fab for everyone - catch you all tomorrow!
                                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                                X