Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Afternoon all, a brief check in for me, heading to a friends tonight, day 16, having a chilled out day after a full on work week for me
    They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
    AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Battle, glad to see you in the nest. You have a lot going on! Not clouding it up with drugs and alcohol can only help you deal with it all - and hopefully enjoy it.

You are right, Lav - no deadlines! The lack of pressure is weird. I just spent a few days w/ grandsons and it was great for the first time not to have to bring my computer with me to squeeze in work when possible. I think my Big Cry got a lot out of my system.

Wags, I only have this single experience but since it is very unlikely to hurt anyone, I sure would recommend that anyone w/ a chronic pain give acupuncture a try. 3 sessions and I think about 98% improvement! I slept so well the last several nights (and I wasn't even in my own bed!) I could hardly believe it. Knee pain has awakened me every couple hours for months and that seems to have been resolved. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!!

Comment

Hello all you hardworking people, like Wags and Battle and Kensho and Ava.

Ava, so happy for you that the new PA is a real powerhouse! Hopefully the knock-on effect is that your own job will soon improve.
        You have to crate Carl for eight weeks —twice?? That’s a long time.
        You’re having squirt gun fights with the chickens! Good solution.

NS, I am so glad that you have found your way out of a chronic pain condition! I remain hopeful, but have been moving into defeat/acceptance that I will always have to live with mine. Rubbing in CBD oil helps anyways.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, and congratulations on two weeks sober [MENTION=24768]Battle_for_the_sun[/MENTION]!
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

The real cold air has moved in, Brrrrr!! Feels like winter again.

Wags, hope the first half of your weekend was good

Battle, you’re doing great. Enjoy your weekend & keep moving forward.

NS, isn’t it weird to suddenly have no one breathing down your back & demanding more than any one human can comfortably do? You will adjust little by little, I promise. Glad you spent some time with the grandsons. I have never had acupuncture but I believe in it’s effectiveness & would certainly give it a try if needed. Glad it worked for you.

Slo, not sure why you didn’t get good results from acupuncture on your knee. I’ll have to do a little research on that because I’m curious. Hope your weekend is going well.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening all, daily check in, kind of stressing today, it's the official start of my PhD tomorrow - I've already started work on it but the transition from prepping of my own accord to being a full time student again, no matter how superficial, is definitely a lot for my anxiety to be handling.

NS and Slo - Clarifying for the sake of accountability, I am not sober at this time, I have been clean for 17 days as of today, I wanted to do one thing at a time so I didn't get overwhelmed. I plan to quit drinking the day after my birthday this month, as I know turning 30 in early sobriety would have been a lot of temptation to put on myself so early.

Lav - definitely chilly here too, still resisting putting the heating on mind.
            They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
            AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Sorry, I forgot, Battle. Congrats on 2+ weeks clean then. My daughter turns 30 next month too.

Lav, I just haven’t gotten perfect results YET from acupuncture. I don’t know why…complicated case, did I re-strain it?, am I having some re-tracing pain in the knee from my detox (from vitamin A etc.) diet causing re-tracing pain of old injuries?
              I’ve had 4 sessions of acupuncture on it, and I’ll keep going!

Lav: I LOVE having no one breathing down my neck demanding more than any one human can comfortably do!!
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Evening greetings Nesters,

Yep it’s still cold but sunny here, typical January weather. Grateful my new heater is working nicely

Battle, your plan is working for you so far so stick with it until you reach your goals. We’re just human & trying to do too many big things at once ramps up our anxiety & sets us up for failure. Wishing you the best with your PhD work. I think I mentions my DIL just finished her first year & I know she’s been busy with work & managing my two grandsons. Hang in there!

Slo, I really hope you get some results soon. I know you have been consistent with your efforts to get relief from the knee pain.
                After the nursing career I managed my own small home based business for 15 years. LOVED having no one yakking in my ear, LOL. Of course I had to do absolutely everything myself & that made for some very long days but at least the commute was easy

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

NS - Wow, 98% improvement?!?! That's very impressive and persuasive - I will definitely have to give acupuncture a try. Glad you're experiencing such positive results.

Slo - hope you get the same significant improvement for your knee. Maybe as you said it's just a complicated case or your diet is exacerbating things. Oftentimes, detox diets DO make things feel worse before better since all the ick has to get moving and leave the body. Fingers crossed for you and me both.

Battle - more than two weeks clean is a fantastic start. Stick with your plan and sobriety will be yours very soon.

Had a good relaxing day here (no work at all!). Meeting with a couple of potential new students this week and already started with another wonderful new one. And the circle goes round and round.

Hellos and waves to Lav, G, Kensho, Steady, Ava and everyone else stopping by the nest. Hope you all had great weekends too!
                  Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Evening all, day 18, first day of PhD today, though not required to be on campus so I've just been hanging out at home studying, very relaxed, heading in tomorrow for work (work and study on the same campus) so I can pick up my ID and suchlike.

Hellos to all the nesters dropping in, hope everyone's week is getting off to a peaceful start
                    They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
                    AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Hola friends,

Good luck with your PHD studies Battle. great work.

Quick flyby. NS, wowza! Gr8 news.

All good here. Big waves to evabody! x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Quiet day for me & the schools were closed so I didn’t even have to give my grandson a ride home.
                        Made a fresh batch of homemade organic (dairy free) granola this afternoon to get the year started off on the right foot

Wags, hope your new students are good ones.

Battle, you’re doing great. Enjoy your studies as much as possible.

G, good to see you, hope all is well.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Battle - Hope your new term of work and study starts off wonderfully.

Lav - I got a second new student today and I'm super excited. I kept several that I love from the past few months (their tests aren't until April/June) and now I've added 2 fab new ones. I'll probably only accept one additional newbie and I've got a consult scheduled for Thu that seems pretty promising.

G - good to see you!

Hellos and waves everyone. Happy new weeks to you all!
                          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

evening nesters

Well a beautiful 41 degrees here today, not sure who for as it certainly wasnt for me. it then dropped to 23 which is much more pleasant.

Everyone is sounding good. I think i might try acupuncture for my shoulder but i am now enrolled in an exercise research project and i dont think they want me to try anything else except physio based specific exercises which is fine by me if it helps.

Foster dogs fine now which is good and carl went in for his xrays and blood tests. they said he was a very sweet boy and loved him. i tried to take his bandage off where he had his bloods done and he wanted to rip my hand off, now where is that sweet boy! he is pretty tired after his anaesthetic but all good for his operation on Friday. he has a new orthopaedic mattress for his crate and a soft cone for his head. i just feel sorry for him but i am sure he will be fine.

Lovely to see you Slo, hope the g-babies are doing well.
                            Wags, sounds like you will be having a busy year and with great students, makes all the difference.
                            Lav, i will have some of your cold please.
                            NS how is your fur baby going? i would love to retire, would also love g-children but both are not going to happen anytime soon lol.
                            Battle, those days are just getting higher and higher, great work and dont put too much pressure on yourself, you have started this journey and are doing exceptionally well. My anxiety is up at the moment with Carl having surgery but i am so grateful that i am sober and can be there for him in his recovery.

time for bed, 5am start to go into work tomorrow, trying to get into the routine of two days at work and gives me a break from the children, oh dogs, same thing really.

take care xxx
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Great to see a busier nest!

Battle, it sounds like you have a good plan in place. That can make all the difference. Good luck with your doctorate. I'm not sure I would have managed that if I'd taken time off from school. I just plowed through for a billion years :egad:

Wags, I went for my 4th acupuncture appointment this morning and was very impressed/relieved when he said to just call him in the future if I had any further problems with my knee or other body parts. So many health service providers make you feel like you have to be treated forever. It was a pleasant surprise to be dismissed. The counselor I went to after my shocks of the late summer also let me go after 3 sessions, saying that I would be welcome to come back anytime. I really appreciate that approach. Re: acupuncture, I found an older Chinese man in a low-rent office -- wanted to avoid the Americanized spa-acupuncture experience.

Time for me to pick up a grandson. I don't get the day off like you did, Lav!! I'm grateful to be able to do it.

xx, NS

Comment

Evening all

You know you're in for a day when you spend five minutes trying to de-ice the windscreen only to realise the problem is the build up of ice on the inside rather than the outside. sigh. A lot of unpleasantness with work and living situation as well, just wanted to curl up in a ball and hide. Still clean, day 19, glad that ones (almost) over, made it by the skin of my teeth tbh - if it weren't for a dog therapy event on campus think that might've been it for me - thank god for french bulldogs.

Hope everyone else had a better day, apologies for vent post and not really engaging today, don't know what I need right now
                                They/He

SH free - 25/11/2022
                                AF - 15/02/2023

Comment

Working...
                                X