Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

mama bear;894980 wrote: I LOVE TO READ TOO..... i actual;ly jotted down some books to get yesterday but I can't find the note on my messy desk!!
    Good job Fen.....not drinking!!
    Thanks, mama...I hope you can find your book list, lol! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to all,
      Sounds like everyone is busy, reading, tending cats, cooking tofu scrambles and NOT drinking. Gooood news! Have a great weekend to each and all. prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone,
        I'm back in the nest.. Day 7 AF for me today.. I am working tonight and spending time with my new man (a non-drinker - woo hoo!) - am feeling very happy at the moment, though still have some stress in my life, I am NOT going to turn to AL to cope this time! its good to be back, hope everyone is well,
        Katie xxx
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning everyone!! Sorry I haven't been posting lately. It's been very busy and I don't know where the time goes.

Welcome back Katie B!! You sound great! I wish you the very best and send my supportive vibes to help you kick this beast to the curb if that is what you want. Congrats on Day 7!!

Fennel-great news about Bob!! Hopefully her body is now adjusting to the new regimen and you can live a fairly normal life now with just a few adjustments to your schedule. :h Bob!! :goodjob: Fennel on not drinking!! Thanks for the Pop Tarts and Diet Coke this morning!! How did you know I had a craving for Pop Tarts? . I know, Pop Tarts on my new eating plan-tut tut!! Right now I have to give myself one day of freedom until I'm ready to commit totally to this new lifestyle. It won't be long tho. You don't lose weight or get your sugar down by eating Mickey D's and poptarts!!

K9-I'd love to join your book club but I don't think I can commit the time right now. I have picked up reading again but they are light "fun" murder mysteries-not exactly fodder for analysis LOL!!

Hey Prancy-you sound good. You're on a roll right? Way to go!!

Hope everyone has a great day. think of me in this windowless office while the rest of the world is out there enjoying the heat and sunshine. Someday.........
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

welcome back katie!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters.....Quick check in as I grab my Toast & Diet Coke. Nope change my mind - I'll take another tofu burrito please.
              We are putting up our pool. I got the measurements wrong. It is a 42" x 15'. So, we are out there with the kids putting them to work. We finally have it assembled and are just putting the finishing touches on it before we start filling it with water. Sad thing is that it's only going to be 75? today. The kids will probably get in anyway. :H
              Doctor update. Went to the Doctor (gyno) yesterday. Cried & spilled my guts. Told her all about my depression, emotional roller coaster, drinking, etc. She said that it very likely is hormone related. Was prescribing a patch for me. #1 - Insurance doesn't cover it and I said I don't care that I'm desperate. #2 - Has a reaction with Topamax. :upset: I said that I would go off of Topamax. She said that I have to go to my primary Doctor and talk to her and then she will prescribe it. So, I'm still in the same place. I'll make my next appointment and go from there. Thanks for all the support. I do think that if I can get my other issues under control that I'll have a better chance at this whole alcohol abuse. I was doing so much better until I hit this emotional roller coaster. That sounds like a complete cop out. I am not giving up. I am still fighting the alcohol battle. But, I just think getting a handle on the other issues will help with this. Who knows anymore. Thanks for letting me ramble.
              Ok - kids just ran in. Time to start filling the pool.
              Great to see you here Katie & Papmom. Long time no see.

Have a great weekend to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:h
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nora,
                Your pool sounds wonderful!! My neice will go into any pool as long as it's filled-doesn't matter if it's 40 degrees out or raining LOL!! She's a fish!!

I sure hope you can get in to your PC sooner rather than later. You need to get the whole hormone/depression thing under control or I fear your attempts to be AF will be near impossible so please cajole, plead, cry-whatever you can do (bribe) to get the scheduler to get you in. I don't know anything about hormones and depression (I was very lucky that my menopause was almost non existent) but everything that I've read points to those 2 things as the 2 biggest stumbling blocks to getting sober. Are you on any supplements at all? I found the GABA to be the single thing that got me out of my funk in May-that and stopping the Calm Forte. Don't know why an anti-anxiety remedy was making me depressed but I swear it had something to do with it. Since taking the GABA I feel so much more on an even keel. Even when I got the news about my health, I was able to pull out of the downer pretty quickly.

Anyway, just some thoughts for you.

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Hope you are enjoying a lovely Saturday wherever you are.
                  Papmom, yes, I guess I am on a roll. I just looked it up and I am on Day 39 AF. I can honestly say that I have not had any cravings but I do miss the "activity" of sharing a bottle of wine. I have been making myself all sorts of AF drinks just about cocktail hour so I don't feel deprived. I mean, I know water is good for you, but come on..... I have been putting watermelon and strawberries in a blender with just a touch of simple syrup (water and sugar boiled down and then cooled with fresh mint and a little sliced ginger. After blending I pour over ice and top with sparking water or club soda. To tell the truth, I do feel a lot less sorry for myself while quaffing this! But then my husband is dieting now so he is not drinking either and that makes it a LOT easier.
                  As the days accumulate, I feel stronger but I try not to think about a whole lifetime without drinking. I just keep focusing on the day at hand and that seems to work for now. Thanks for noticing.
                  prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nora...
                    both fennel and I stopped the Topa...I just stared Bac yesterday....something to think about!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nesters!

Just wanted to say Hello, see how everyone is doing

I'm still trying to iron out my personal situation with Mr Lav - it's likely to take years, he's not fond of change. But, I'm holding the fort down on my own, operating my small biz, watching my grandson several times each week & looking forward to another grandchild in Feb. Keeping busy is definitely the key to keeping my quits. Keeping my thinking in positive tones (regardless of what's going on around me) really helps as well!

KatieB, welcome back, glad to see you are moving forward

Wishing everyone a peaceful, AF evening!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi not sure if I'm doing this in the right place. Spent last few days on this website..now getting braver! Glad you are there - am feeling like crap and bit lonely with all this. Got an answer on a 'hello' that I did last night and it made a big difference. Thankyou! Back to climbing the wall on Day2 AF.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome UglyBug!!!:welcome: So glad to have you join us here. Yes - we are sure all in this together. I agree - it makes a big difference to have someplace to come to where people really do understand. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Lav - great to see you here.

Prancy - you are doing great. I am still just going on but I am looking forward to having that wonderful attitude.

Pap - thanks for the advise. I haven't tried GABA. I'll look into it.

Mama - I am going to start tapering down on the Topa and make my appointment with my Doctor. I'm just drinking over it anyway.

Fennel - are you around??? What are you up to this fine Sunday?

I think some of our vacationers are going to be home tomorrow. I hope to hear lots of wonderful stories.

Ok - kiddos are up. Catch you all later.:l
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Sunday Morning everyone!!

Welcome UglyBug-stick close to us and you won't be lonely much longer. Would you feel comfortable sharing your story?

Can't wait to hear from our holiday goers when they get back.

Bon Voyage to Meech who is headed East for some family face time. Have a great trip my friend!! ODAT OK??

Got lots on my to do list today but it's getting ~~ HOT ~~!! Don't know how much I'll get done but the dishes are clean!!

So happy to be sober and full of energy today. "Teen" sat my nephew and neice last nite while mom and dad were away at a quaint inn celebrating my BIL's 50th. First time I've done an overnite since I've been sober and it was very wierd not to have a glass of wine in my hand while hanging out with my neice and surfing the net, watching TV. But, I had a big glass of water and a big bowl of yummy blackberry/chocolate ice cream (I know, I know the sugar!! Oi!!) and whatever craving I had was gone.

Nephew's girlfriend left at 2am I think-not sure what Sis is going to think about that!!

OK, back to work. Have a great day Nesters-see you tonite!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone,

Looks like everyone is doing well - thank you all for the "welcome back's"!! I am Day 10 today (I miscalculated, im one more day ahead in this battle - woo hoo!)
                              Hope everyone has a fab day.. I am working and have my boyfriend running erands for me - he is so good to me!
                              Katie xxx
                              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, uglybug! :welcome: However, I love most bugs and find them to be very attractive. I guess I don't like centipedes and silver-fish.

Hey to everybody else. I'm pleased to report that Bob is doing very well. Papmom was right, it's only natural that she'll have good days and bad days. Right now, I'd never guess she was ill, which is so nice.

Nora, you've been through the mill. Those docs can really let us down, I'm afraid.

Welcome back, Katie.

Comment

Working...
                                X