Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

We had another nice day here but rain is on teh way for the next 2 or 3 days I hear. I’m sitting outside enjoying the fresh air & dealing with the pollen of course LOl

Wags, looks like we have similar forecasts, oh well. I really do enjoy the brightness on these sunny days, does wonders for my mood too. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Ava, you are one busy lady but you really wouldn’t want it any other way - or would you?
    Glad Carl is healing well & I hope your MOm does as well.

Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for all.

Lav
    Last edited by Lavande; March 22, 2023, 05:20 PM.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Quick evening check-in for me. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.
      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi Nesters,

Ava, you made me laugh with your subtle comment about being single, haha! Fortunately I'm not actually (legally) married to Mr Unsteady, it's a defacto relationship. I love the way you talk about the dogs in your care, it is clear you care about them a whole lot. Like others I hope you can get some work/life balance, but I seem to remember it was impossible when I was working full-time at the office. I hope the weekend with your Mum is a good one.

Lav, [I]monkey mind[I] describes the situation perfectly. I made myself go to a yoga class last night. Can't say I enjoyed contorting myself to the point where I nearly fell over, but note that I slept better last night.

Thanks for the tech tips Wags. For some reason the technology really winds me up. Will do the 'select all' thing & hope for the best......

peace and smiles to all,
        Steady x

Hi Nesters,

Ava, you made me laugh with your subtle comment about being single, haha! Fortunately I'm not actually (legally) married to Mr Unsteady, it's a defacto relationship. I love the way you talk about the dogs in your care, it is clear you care about them a whole lot. Like others I hope you can get some work/life balance, but I seem to remember it was impossible when I was working full-time at the office. I hope the weekend with your Mum is a good one.

Lav, [I]monkey mind[I] describes the situation perfectly. I made myself go to a yoga class last night. Can't say I enjoyed contorting myself to the point where I nearly fell over, but note that I slept better last night.

Thanks for the tech tips Wags. For some reason the technology really winds me up. Will do the 'select all' thing & hope for the best......

peace and smiles to all,
        Steady x
        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hahaha! Well a double post's better than none
          AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Good to see you (twice!), Steady! It is hard to stop those repetitive, negative thoughts, isn't it? I try to remind myself that thinking it doesn't make it true and worrying doesn't reduce the odds of something bad happening. Nor does pre-emptive worrying make the thing easier to handle if/when if happens. Easier said than done, I know.

Lav, it is almost 60F here right now but sadly the temps are to fall all day with another wintery sort of weekend. I try not to be too affected by things I can't control but this is getting tough! I'm really ready for some sun and decent temperatures.

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

It didn’t quite make it up to 70 degrees today but close enough with spotty rain showers too

Wags, I think you’re staying up too late haha! Hope today was a good one!

Steady, good idea going to the yoga class. It certainly distracts you & gets your mind off the monkey wheel. If I tried yoga at this age I’d fall over too, trust me!

NS, I always get over anxious for spring weather mainly to get outside & get things planted. The pollens are already pretty heavy here which makes for some misery. Can’t have things perfect I guess.

Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                Good to see you (twice!), Steady! It is hard to stop those repetitive, negative thoughts, isn't it? I try to remind myself that thinking it doesn't make it true and worrying doesn't reduce the odds of something bad happening. Nor does pre-emptive worrying make the thing easier to handle if/when if happens. Easier said than done, I know.
                I wonder if there's a correlation between excessive worriers and alcoholism... i bet there is. It is nice to just shut your brain off for a bit and not give damn, isn't it? Unfortunately, we have to try to find other, healthier means to accomplish that.

Lav, it is almost 60F here right now but sadly the temps are to fall all day with another wintery sort of weekend. I try not to be too affected by things I can't control but this is getting tough! I'm really ready for some sun and decent temperatures.
                Same here, went from a few days of 16-17C sunny weather, felt downright summery (out in shorts/tshirt), back to 8C cool and rainy, felt like being right back in (coastal) winter again. These swings aren't fun, but you just have to remind yourself that better days are ahead, real spring is just around the corner!
                Last edited by Mulburry; March 23, 2023, 09:14 PM.

Comment

I havent seen the nest in YEARS, who do I still know I was Nelz, or Nelso
                  Lets get this thing moving again

Comment

Lav - it's 3 hours earlier here so not quite as late as it might seem! But yes, having good days. Glad you're getting some nice weather!

Steady - double post is awesome and way better than a lost post. Once you "select all" and copy it, you only need to paste it in the reply box if your original message disappears. The other thing that helped me avoid that was checking the little box by the login at the top. I can't see it now (cuz I already put a check in it) but it says something like "remember me" or "stay logged in". The disappearing messages seems to mostly happen when MWO logs you out if you take more than a measly 5 mins to write your post. When they log you out, whatever you wrote as your reply goes "poof" and joins the lost socks wherever they mysteriously end up :- D

Nelso - I've been in the Nest consistently since 2016 and off/on since 2014 and I don't think I remember you, but welcome back! I'm sure some others who've been here longer will recognize one of your names.

Ava - I agree with Steady: your care and love for your puppers comes shining through so clearly. I'm sure they are thriving under your care. Hope you're having a good week!

Today was the last of several busy days in a row for me. Tomorrow is much lighter, except I have to finish my taxes and I really hate doing that. Dang it - the super wealthy pay accountants to make sure they don't pay a single dime of taxes more than they absolutely have to, and us regular folks get stuck cuz we can't possibly find all those loopholes. Grrr...!!! :sad::cuss:
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Well there is someone I remember

Comment

High, NewNelso. I joined in 2013 and think I saw posts from you but we didn't interact much with on another. Maybe we can now :smile:. How are you doing?

Mulberry, I was always a worrier with a monkey mind, driven to high achievement/perfection. I look back the former me and think, what a good candidate for addiction. One of the gifts of this experience has been being forced to identify other ways of thinking and being in the world. I'm much more content with the person I am now and am grateful for having been pushed in this direction. I just wish it had not been such a painful process!!

Comment

Nelz, it is great to see you posting again!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                            High, NewNelso. I joined in 2013 and think I saw posts from you but we didn't interact much with on another. Maybe we can now :smile:. How are you doing?

Mulberry, I was always a worrier with a monkey mind, driven to high achievement/perfection. I look back the former me and think, what a good candidate for addiction. One of the gifts of this experience has been being forced to identify other ways of thinking and being in the world. I'm much more content with the person I am now and am grateful for having been pushed in this direction. I just wish it had not been such a painful process!!
                            So far so good, your screen name sounds pretty familiar, just cuz, the quitting drinking and massive sugar cravings I had. They used to call me cookie boy! Then it went to brownies, now its tea and cinnamon toast Onward we go

Comment

Hey Nesters,

Apparently we’re in thunderstorm season already, one popped up out of no where last night! More showers off & on all day today making lots of mud around here.

Nelz, hello & welcome back!
                              I’ve been here since not too long after the nest opened & have never left. I am determined to pester (help) people make their goals . Let us know what’s going on with you.

Wags, it’s funny how a mere 3 hour time difference seems so big at times. My brother lives in CA & I can’t figure out a good time to call him haha! Glad your workload is manageable.

Mulburry, the weather flip flopping makes me crazy haha! I’m ready for the real Spring & getting out there working in the gardens.

NS, I agree, I think we were driven to craziness in our former lives. I’m just so grateful to have survived all that & am happy with the current me too

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                                Hey Nesters,

Apparently we’re in thunderstorm season already, one popped up out of no where last night! More showers off & on all day today making lots of mud around here.

Nelz, hello & welcome back!
                                I’ve been here since not too long after the nest opened & have never left. I am determined to pester (help) people make their goals . Let us know what’s going on with you.

Wags, it’s funny how a mere 3 hour time difference seems so big at times. My brother lives in CA & I can’t figure out a good time to call him haha! Glad your workload is manageable.

Mulburry, the weather flip flopping makes me crazy haha! I’m ready for the real Spring & getting out there working in the gardens.

NS, I agree, I think we were driven to craziness in our former lives. I’m just so grateful to have survived all that & am happy with the current me too

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                Who could forget Lav, thanks for the welcome back, and sticking around. Ill be back for a bit or two

Comment

Working...
                                X