Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Just a heads up it's Mr. Guitarista
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone.

BIG THANK YOU TO RENEWAL!!!!!! This nest is home to me. :l:h

How is everyone doing? Welcome to the newbies! Hope to be on later to visit. I must pay bills now. YUCK!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

EVERYONE UP AND AT 'EM!! NO SLEEPING IN ON THIS GORGEOUS FRIDAY MORNING!!

Just got caught up on the doings of the Nest and I too want to add my thanks to Renewal for starting this wonderful place. It has definitely been home to me the past almost 4 months and I don't think I would be AF today without it. My fellow newbies picked me up when I slipped and gave me huge hugs and encouraged me to keep trying. I now envision myself being one of the "Vets" in the nest a few years from now, helping the newbies attain their goals and dreams of living a sober life.

Fennel-hope you're feeling better today and will get a chance to just relax, cuddle with Bob (and Mrs. Fennel if home ) and enjoy a great day AF.

MG29-congrats on the 10 days. hope you were able to continue that on last nite.

Prancy-you're sounding great girl

Jim-:welcome: I hope you'll feel comfortable enough to tell us a little bit if your story. We are here to help and to hug. No judgements.

Going to go try and catch up on my other threads and then off to the rail trail with the guys after a 2 week hiatus. I'm off until tuesday!!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

where the hell has everyone been today????? I've been doing yard stuff and shopping for pond plants but now I want to chat with my nest friends!! Where are you??????

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all -
            Pap - I'm sorry that I'm not around much. Busy with kiddos. Been lurking though. Went to the doctor again yesterday. Got a change in my anti-depressant and a hormone. Starting on it tomorrow. Wish me luck. I've been lost and I'm hoping that this will be what I need.
            Heading to bed now. We are going to Hollywood tomorrow bright & early.
            Take care everyone!!!!
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boy the nest sure is quiet.....
              Welcome newbies. If you are ready to get and stay sober then this is the place to be. we have all been where you are now and are here to help. Just let us know what you need.
              Hi Pops. Nice to hear from you.
              Sunshine - I missed the big announcement.... what did she finally have? Pink or Blue? Or is she still incubating? Hope not as she would be the size of a whale. (I went 17 days overdue.... my son was just about ready to go to school when he eventually came out!).
              Hi Marriedgirl. We started about the same time. Glad you came back. This place can be a real lifeline when you need it. Good luck with the meds.
              Wishing my doctors appointment was abit sooner as I am really struggling to try and pretend to be happy at present. Need those AD's real bad. Not concerned about picking up so that is a bonus.
              Hi Nora, Techie, Fen, Mama, OneMore, Pap (will pop in to your journal soon)and every one else who visits. Stay strong today and take each moment as it comes, if needed.
              Bye for now.
              Hipster
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello there everyone (everyone that's disappeared that is??!!) I echo PM3 WHERE IS EVERYBODY?????? I think it would be a shame to let this brilliant site dwindle out, it has meant so much to me and I presume so many others. Lovely to read your post Renewal, and we'll get the place back on track if it kills me!

I went away on holidays two weeks ago and had the EUREKA moment, luckily without booze. I was on my own so had a lot of (sober) time to think and I sort of imploded. All the emotional problems I had been masking for years with alcohol smacked me in the face and I pretty much cried for a week. It was like a little breakdown. My hubs was wonderful at the other end of the phone and was going to come and get me he was so worried about me. Anyway home safe and sound and a million times wiser. I went to the Doc on Monday last and got Anti-Ds which I started then and hopefully they will kick in soon, I have rotten headaches - don't know if its the ADs or tension/stress but I'll give it another week.
                Hippy, PapM, Nora, Techie, Fennel, Sunshine, Mama, great to see you all here, Nora if you're feeling 'lost' hang out here a bit, I reckon to a certain extent we are all lost souls at times so everyone understands.
                Anyway sorry for the very long post, will check in later and want to hear from y'all ya hear!!!!!!
                Molly :l:l:l
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

whew!! I painicked for a bit there last nite!! It was just so bizarre to log on last nit and find out that NO ONE had visited since I posted in the morning!! Never seen that happen before!! I echo MollyK (good to see you BTW)-I don't want this thread to become one where posts are made only occasionally. We all need each other on a daily basis.

Driving home last nite from a swim at my sisters the old "it's a gorgeous nite, wouldn't a glass/bottle on the deck be nice? Who would know? I live by myself, have nothing planned for the morning that can't wait for another day......" That was the devil talking of course. My wonderful sober mind said:" Are you F***ing crazy? Number 1 you've already had your allotment of sugar for the whole month (I broke down and had a decadent coconut/chocolate chip/almond ice cream cone after buying my landscape plants for the pond-yummo but probably not worth it). Number 2- you DO have things planned for tomorrow and 3. Do you really want to be the ultimate hypocrit???" and that didn't even cover the host of other reasons why I can't drink anymore.
                  My sober mind won out i'm happy to say. And then as if to punch that decision with a million exclamation points, just as I settled down on the chaise with my diet fruit juice spritzer and book, who shows up unannounced but my non drinking RN friend!!!! We had a nice chat and visit and then it was time start getting ready for bed. No dinner for me LOL!!!

I should be out in the garden right now planting the new plants and I will try to get out there before it gets too hot.
                  Have a great day everyone and PLEASE-don't just lurk-post!! Except for you NoraC-you lurk all you want but as long as your are reading the posts, you will never be lost. We will always be here to show you the way home. I truly hope the new meds with make a huge dif for you. Keep us posted if you can. :l:l

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

What's an 'RN' friend PM3?
                    M

Comment

Newbies Nest

Registered Nurse.
                      How are you MollyK???

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm fine now PM, had a very rocky time, I realise I've a lot of work to do on my 'sober head', so much was just being buried. I may need a little bit of counselling, not sure yet, but I'm very pleased I could get thro a sort of a crisis without drinking - that was a first! But I have always thought of myself as an extremely grounded, rational person and was gobsmacked that there was so much angst hidden in there - I'll tell you, alcohol is a stronger and worse poison than even I had given it credit for. Its a part of all this that I didn't expect - thought a few weeks or months AF all would be grand - with me that's just the body, need to sort out the mind now. How are you?
                        Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm doing OK. Still trying to accept the new medical conditions and floundering abit with figuring out an acceptable eating plan. Everything I'm reading contradicts each other. If it's acceptable for kidney disease, it's a no no for diabetes and vice versa. Part of me is still in denial because I feel so good. I'm getting more exercise and losing weight. I'm happy with my decision to be AF and don't miss it all that much. I just wish the medical appointments would come quicker instead of leaving me floundering on my own for 2 months. that's the worst part (and i have a medical background. Imagine how hard this would be for someone who didn't??).
                          Well, off to get mulch, indulge in a new grill if there are any left-great deal but I bet they are sold out already- and come back and finish up the pond landscaping. It's looking really good-just need finishing touches and I'm hoping to have pics up by this evening.
                          enjoy your evening-hope you're having nice weather!!

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesties......just checking in....good to see everyone...mama is struggling a bit and feeling blue about it, but started Bac and gonna get this done....I am so tired of disappointing myself
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.....we're off to Hollywood now. I will be back later to catch up on my travelling friends. Started my new pills today. My doctor has also suggested counseling for me Molly. She thinks I've been covering up a lot of things also. Probably true.
                              Have a wonderful day everyone.:l
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Papm I find it extraordinary that they would leave you like that for 2 months without even advising you on diet etc. Its great you are feeling good and I suppose basic common sense, steer clear salt and sugar etc. is about all you can do? Mind yourself anyway! Its been a lovely day here and I feel mad guilty cos I sat on couch all afternoon watching football - my garden is a wilderness and badly needed some TLC! Anyway tomorrow is another day and after that I won't feel guilty cos I'm back to work!!
                                Nora, have a lovely time in Hollywood - it sounds wonderful and exciting. Yep I reckon lots of us do drink to cover stuff up alright - are you thinkin of doin the counselling? I'm going to give these ADs a few weeks and see how I feel, if no improvement I'll have to do something!
                                Talk later folks
                                Molly

Comment

Working...
                                X